What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8th spot will be decided whne Souths play the Knights in R.26

blaza88z

Coach
Hello new user, how do you do!

bunniesmaggot's predictions are outlandish, dragons to lose both games and bunnies to win their remaining 2 games

hahaha, comedy gold

BranVan3000

Coach
Hello new user, how do you do!

bunniesmaggot's predictions are outlandish, dragons to lose both games and bunnies to win their remaining 2 games

hahaha, comedy gold

What's outlandish about predicting a team on a winning streak will keep winning and a team on a losing streak will keep losing?

BranVan3000

Coach
^^ Thinks the Roosters have an ageing pack :lol:
You did get me on that point. I really just went from some of their main players, and didn't really go age checking. The sad thing is they are playing like broken down old men. I really don't care about Roosters that much, all I know is Anasta, Minichello, Ryles, Perrett, Graham look like they should've retired years ago this year. Even younger guys like Anthony Mitchell look and play like they are 30

Ozzy

First Grade
lol@BunniesMan in relying on the stripping of points of a top 8 team for Souffs to get into the finals...
Well it IS there rightful place.
laughing-smiley-006.gif

Fingerbang

Bench
Don't forget they only achieved their desired 9th spot last year coz one team that would have been above them was playing for no points.

So in essence, 2010 wasn't as successful as they thought....really 10th. Shame!!!

blaza88z

Coach
What's outlandish about predicting a team on a winning streak will keep winning and a team on a losing streak will keep losing?

souths pumped some of the lesser teams in the comp and then took a dive in extra time after being on the favorable end of a penalty count to win

dragons went to melbourne and put up a very good showing against the team which is the team to beat, dragons will beat the panthers at the very least and I expect them to beat the warriors if they play with the same resolve as last week

souffs on the other hand are playing brisbane in front of 40 thousand people in lockyer's 2nd last home and away game, then they travel to newcastle and play on OBD, look at some of the results of that previous fixture and it just says souffs won't be in the finals

BranVan3000

Coach
souths pumped some of the lesser teams in the comp and then took a dive in extra time after being on the favorable end of a penalty count to win

dragons went to melbourne and put up a very good showing against the team which is the team to beat, dragons will beat the panthers at the very least and I expect them to beat the warriors if they play with the same resolve as last week

souffs on the other hand are playing brisbane in front of 40 thousand people in lockyer's 2nd last home and away game, then they travel to newcastle and play on OBD, look at some of the results of that previous fixture and it just says souffs won't be in the finals

Uh Dragons and Cowboys are lesser teams? We would have beaten the Cowboys regardless, we were in field goal range. Sounds like excuses from you.

Broncos will be hard to knock off. But Knights? No problem. Old Boys Day? Don't make mke laugh. Knights got hammered by Melbourne last year, not even playing for points. I hope Knights show up hoping the occasion will save their skins.

blaza88z

Coach
dragon's haven't won since you beat then, I think it's fair to say you got them in a lean patch

all of souths important wins have been come from behind efforts in the dying stages of a game, you won't beat the good teams doing that all the time, sooner or later your luck will run out and don't kid yourself, it is luck because for the majority of the season souths have been puss

BunniesMan

Immortal
There is no doubt Souths have the momentum at present. Any of the top eight or nine can win. I reckon the top eight is as even as I can ever recall.And I'm not just saying that. In previous years the clubs running seventh and eighth haven't been much better than the teams running ninth, 10th and 11th.
This year, whether it be Newcastle or Souths, they're close on ability to all the top sides. It's a very, very close competition. I've seen a bit of Souths.
They're going great.
I watched the night they played Parramatta and they really carved them up. I watched them in the big comeback against St George Illawarra.
They've been very impressive and they've got all the momentum at the moment.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...from-eighth-spot/story-e6frexnr-1226121609722

Craig Bellamy, someone who has forgotten more about footy than any of you know thinks we can go all the way. Get that up ya, haters.

Craig has seen the light. Craig has hopped on board the Souths 747.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
guess souffs are going to win the comp now, because no plans bellamy tells the media it's a close comp and souffs played well against the team ranked 16th, all other teams should just hand in a letter of resignation from the NRL for the year 2011

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Uh Dragons and Cowboys are lesser teams? We would have beaten the Cowboys regardless, we were in field goal range. Sounds like excuses from you.

Broncos will be hard to knock off. But Knights? No problem. Old Boys Day? Don't make mke laugh. Knights got hammered by Melbourne last year, not even playing for points. I hope Knights show up hoping the occasion will save their skins.
WTF has that got to do with Old Boys Day? That game you're talking about was in Melbourne you half-wit. IIRC the Knights have only lost twice on Old Boys Day in the last 10 years. One of those was last year against the Dragons. Remember how they went in the comp? The other loss was in 2007 when we were one win off winning the spoon.

:lol: So yeah, you stick with your "no problem" philosophy.

BranVan3000

Coach
dragon's haven't won since you beat then, I think it's fair to say you got them in a lean patch

all of souths important wins have been come from behind efforts in the dying stages of a game, you won't beat the good teams doing that all the time, sooner or later your luck will run out and don't kid yourself, it is luck because for the majority of the season souths have been puss

Don't worry mate, Knights aren't a good team