What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

** 9s SUMMER RL TOURNAMENT **

Roland

Juniors
11 is the first game. Last game saturday at 7.20 pm. 2 fields all day.

starts at 11 on sunday with 2 fields going until 4pm and then the 4 finals on field 1.

yappy

Bench
whew it was hot out there today.

Still great stuff. Good to see the ladies playing too.

Western Suburbs won their group, and Balmain had just beaten Wenty to win theirs as I was leaving.

Roland

Juniors
The other group winners were Newtown, Fiji, Indegenous and Brothers. There are 3 groups of 8 tomorrow so 2 of the 2nd placed teams from the 6 group also go into the Cup - possibly Cook Islands, Wenty or the Bulls.

John Skandalis played for Wests and Andrew Walker and David Peachey for the Indigenous.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Wow what a Scorcher out there in CabraLand.. Gee the Ladies provided some entertainment out there 2day.. maybe Cabra1 needed 2feed of some of that Enthusiasm. I Know its only nines & Early Days..but they were woeful out there 2day.. & that peter Lett i can see why mounties don't want him back ..Lack Luster performance in both depts..another overated player. But in Saying that West Magpies looked Good & so did Balmain Ryde & Enjoyed that fiji & cook island matchup..

Way too hot for footy cabra, but in saying that I think all of the teams handled it ok.
Your right, the cabra 1 team was very poor and I cant rate them a hope after that although it is only nines and the heat and all.

A bit pissed off that cabra 2 pulled the pin as well, where is the spirit.

Also, if that is the best that Mounties have to offer they will struggle as well.

Bulls and Wenty were impressive in strong pools.

Would be good to see a Wests / Balmain final.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties and the Rebels both sent reserve grade squads. Mounties played a trial last night.

yappy

Bench
Wests have got Newtown in the Quarters at 1:30pm. We are on Field 2

Other teams in the Cup finals.

CUP RANKS
1. Indigenous
2. Fiji
3. Brothers
4. Wests Magpies
5. Newtown Jets
6. Balmain
7. Tonga
8. Cook Islands

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Wests have got Newtown in the Quarters at 1:30pm. We are on Field 2

Other teams in the Cup finals.

CUP RANKS
1. Indigenous
2. Fiji
3. Brothers
4. Wests Magpies
5. Newtown Jets
6. Balmain
7. Tonga
8. Cook Islands
...Quite surprised Tonga made it Thru too the Quarter Finals.. After Copping a Showlacking from The Tertiary Indigenous Team in their First Game..

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Magpies defeated Newtown in QF1
Balmain defeated Brothers in QF2
Indigenous defeated Cook Islands in QF3
Tonga defeated Fiji in QF4

Indigenous defeated Magpies in Semi 1
Balmain defeated Tonga in Semi 2

Indigenous defeated Balmain in Final