What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few things

snout

First Grade
We are a very good side. Good enough to win it this year- but we just do enough to win. We wont blow teams away. Most games seem in the balance for the full 70 but we get a reading on what the other mob bring..and do just enough to be in front at the end.

After a decade of relying on him - we dont need Gal anymore.
A loyal powerful servant. Even a matchwinner at many times but we have moved on.
Phase him out toward retirement.
Now.
Williams, sorenson and ramien all busting tackles and scoring tries on debuts or not far after are great signs.
Feefs is our leader. We need a new direction and Gal is the past.

The moylan hate? I dont agree.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
First game back, gal was gassed. Still good defence and runs out of our end. He’ll be better for the run... but do agree... I think this should be his last year.

wibble

Bench
Yeah, the comp probably is "softer" than our last premiership...

...so being tough and professional, which we are, gives us a chance.

We definitely lack x factor compared to our 2016 team with Maloney, Bird, Ennis and Barba.

I still see good signs from Moylan and hope he can provide some of that extra spark we need.

Gallen is a war horse, and may no longer win races, but will still carry us through battles. He still keeps the middle solid (along with Prior and Fifita). But he has definitely had fewer powerful, game turning moments.

sandshark

Bench
Thought he (Gal) started the game well but got in the way as it progressed.
Him and Lewie seemed to be more injury riddled this season, can't be given another season.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
I think Moylan is an unlucky player, dropped intercepts, dropped passes,just never those extra millimeters that turns into a try. Tackling hard and is now running strait but let’s move on next season. Kyle should have his spot in 2019. We have a very good side in the making which will decrease with the loss of Ramien ( what a super buy for the Knights). I’m shure Flanno is looking at his position .

Stake Removed

First Grade
Another typical win by us, we are in front when it counts.
I think we are well placed those above us are playing closer to max ability, i think we have plenty in the tank for when finals are played.

Dugan - bar screw up played well
Lee - getting better and better well ahead of Feki now
Leutele - he does his job
Ramien/Holmes - combine these rocks and diamonds they score couple of tries leak a couple, i think plenty of upside. when Lewis comes back he will help being on the inside
Moylan - Better today has good vision when stand back a foot, bad fg attempt
CT - Kicking game needs to find the ground with kicks
Fifita - Quieter today but has been hugs last few weeks so thats cool
Brailey - Played 47 minutes, i think that needs to be reduced to say 30
Prior - Huge today great try
Paulo - Played great will be good off bench when Graham/Lewis are back
Capewell - Quiet today always seems to slip over
Gallen - Looked a run short today, i think we are seeing this as final year
Segeyaro - Again made impact, but lets get him on at 30th minute
Ava - Quiet today, he will be in bench shoot out
Bukuya - Looked run short as well today, and smaller needs couple of games
Williams - Not many minutes did his job, i believe more upside than Capewell

When I was growing up (yep, a long time ago), I was always envious of teams like the Bulldogs & their uncanny ability to win when they played below their best, whereas we gave it our all but still fell short.

How things have changed...
thank god for those weak comps.

txta2

Bench
Good enough to win it....how so?
They are barely beating the worst sides in the comp.
They did it last year as well and limped into the finals and got smashed.
In 2 weeks time they will get towelled up by Souths if shit doesn't turn quickly.