What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few things

7 wins, 4 losses and we still have a negative PD. Not great.

Under our injury circumstances I think we have to give credit for our gritty spirit in finding ways of getting the W’s.

When we were 2 and 4 if someone said I’ll give you 5 wins in a row but a negative f/a will you take it?

You’d take it in a heart beat.

When we get Lewis and Graham back fully fit we’ll let in less tries for sure. They are without doubt two of our best defenders in the team.

We have conceded a lot of tries on the edges where they would normally defend.

Considering we have a 5/8 doing next to nothing we have huge upside left in our attack.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I agree with the Gal thing.

Players may look to him but they shouldn't. They should be stepping up as they have done in the previous weeks without him. Feefs grows an extra leg with others looking to him for motivation.

He certainly should get out of the play with his slow telegraphed passing, just do the hit-ups when called upon and while he's a rock in defense he rarely gets back onside, amazing he didn't get pinged for it. Also, not sure if others at the game saw, Williams was trying to get on for about 3 sets of 6 but Gal just wouldn't come off.

I love the bloke, he is a legend of the club and that's why he should retire. Nothing worse than his good efforts being tarnished by going on another year.

Omnishark2

Juniors
I love the bloke, he is a legend of the club and that's why he should retire. Nothing worse than his good efforts being tarnished by going on another year.

Good summary Rubiks - Gal has been a warrior for so many years, but time & the hell he's put his body through is catching up with him.
Flanno should have a quiet word now and say Gal this is your last year, give it everything, and go out like the champion you have been.
We can't delay the generational change another year.

snout

First Grade
Many a time its hard to acknowledge a legend has lost his efffectiveness.
But it happens to every single elite sportsman.
Even happens to racehorses.

Their time just arrives.

Gals arrived this year.
From about round 1.

If side was chosen purely on form when Lewie and wade return he would struggle.

snout

First Grade
Good enough to win it....how so?
They are barely beating the worst sides in the comp.
Storm.
Roosters.
Raiders in canberra.
4 internationals on the bench. Or 5?...does bakuya play for an island nation?

We win ugly. But we measure whats needed to win and we provide that.

Melbournes the team to beat - and ask bellamy the one team he doesnt want to play in the GF at full strength.
Us.

Storm.
Roosters.
Raiders in canberra.

Melbournes the team to beat - and ask bellamy the one team he doesnt want to play in the GF at full strength.
Us.

He’d never admit it though.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
We are a very good side. Good enough to win it this year- but we just do enough to win. We wont blow teams away. Most games seem in the balance for the full 70 but we get a reading on what the other mob bring..and do just enough to be in front at the end.

After a decade of relying on him - we dont need Gal anymore.
A loyal powerful servant. Even a matchwinner at many times but we have moved on.
Phase him out toward retirement.
Now.
Williams, sorenson and ramien all busting tackles and scoring tries on debuts or not far after are great signs.
Feefs is our leader. We need a new direction and Gal is the past.

The moylan hate? I dont agree.

I agree with most of this, but we still need Gallen. Maybe not on the field but definitely off of it.
He needs to remain at the club the day he retires.
For what ever reason, he has built the club and culture and has his fingers in most pies, you can't just drop that off straight away.

There is also still a place in the team for Gallen next year. The bench will be perfect for a guy like him when the interchange reduces to 6.
Like him or hate him, he deserves to stay with us for as long as he wants.

snout

First Grade
Yep. Gal passing the baton on has to be done with the dignity he deserves.
Club legend.

Flannos words yesterday were " theres a lot of confidence in the club with the young guys performing. Gal knows theyre coming to get him and has to play better."

Just a subtle warning that whilst automatic selection each week is still there it doesnt go on forever.
The past is the past and to stay in it means you stay in it.

Gal must be frustrated his body may not be allowing him to compete at the level hes used to.
Since round 1 there just seems to be less spark about him.
The aura that made him stand out on the park seems a have faded somewhat

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Gal is still an important starter to the side. He provides toughness and solid defence. Williams and Sorensen are great prospects but you can’t tell me they will give you as quick a play the ball as Gal or the offloads that he provides. (focal point of our attack that him and Fifita provide) He still offers plenty even though he is no longer Taumulolo like.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Seeing the young guys come along can we keep both Lewis & Gallen, i dont think so.

Gallen - if he is the back up prop yes.
Lewis - we have plenty of backrowers, if we keep him do we lose a prospect that costs us down the track.

I would rather let a player go one year early instead of 1 year late

txta2

Bench
He’d never admit it though.
Storm.
Roosters.
Raiders in canberra.

Us.
We beat Melbourne through a lot of controversy that weekend. Raiders..pleassse.
The Dragons and South's are the teams to beat.
Even the coach admits they are not finishing teams off. Hard to do when you have an average half back who can't control the game because of a poor kicking game

chewsta

First Grade
Just my opinion but Gal can't start from the bench. Let him start and let the game settle then get a maniac coming off the bench. Someone like Kapow or that big Nelson merkin from the Storm.
Uele is big enough for the role get him angry and running hard and straight in between defenders and get the sets rolling fast.

Latest posts