What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Haiku tribute to Valentine Holmes

Quigs

Immortal
Val is the future
The future is now
No shit ......Wow

*Slurps extra strong Twinnings English Breakfast Tea*

sandshark

Bench
This is my 俳句 tribute to Valentine Holmes. Please tell me what you think.

----------------------
Holmes with pace and strength,
Through the line like a gunshot...
Bang! Next immortal
----------------------

*Sips whiskey* Cheers

I misread the thread title as A Hakai (破壊) Tribute to Valentine Holmes.. The man already gets destroyed by half of us on here.

When it comes to poetry,you cant beet the Classics that we all done learnded at skool.

Roses are red
violets are blue,
Poetry sux,
so do you,

my personal favoritist one.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Boys this is rather strange, could you please enlighten me? I expected, through fault of my own, that Valentine Holmes was rather popular with the Cronulla Sharks men? He seems to be at the stage of his career that, forgive me if I'm wrong, Hayne was. It's the awkward stage where he is almost a man, but still very much on the cusp. There will be ups and downs in his game, but the pay off has already been massive: The Sharks boys did it! They won a Grand Final. The potential of Valentine Holmes is immense. Once his maturity fully peaks and his boyhood flower withers away, it is time for the Valentine sakura to blossom in full bloom.

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
Boys this is rather strange, could you please enlighten me? I expected, through fault of my own, that Valentine Holmes was rather popular with the Cronulla Sharks men? He seems to be at the stage of his career that, forgive me if I'm wrong, Hayne was. It's the awkward stage where he is almost a man, but still very much on the cusp. There will be ups and downs in his game, but the pay off has already been massive: The Sharks boys did it! They won a Grand Final. The potential of Valentine Holmes is immense. Once his maturity fully peaks and his boyhood flower withers away, it is time for the Valentine sakura to blossom in full bloom.

*Sips whiskey* Cheers
Dont mind an embedded clause?

Marchad

Juniors
They break the defence
He slips off again
Standing behind the white line.

Sits down lights the flame watches it glow red pulls back and inhales.

Marchad

Juniors
From under his parents house
Declares his hatred for a fullback
Will never enter the real world

Rolls up the queen head and brings it to his nose.