What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 17

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Early start this round - Oz Day Victory-Syd clash 4pm tomorrow.

hal2012-round17-1.jpg

All times AEDST, all on FOX Sports LIVE.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
sydney fc lucky getting a 2 all draw against melbourne victory after being down 2 nil. C'MON SYDNEY

Timmah

Staff member
Mariners shooting for 15 unbeaten tonight...

Not a good feeling to be honest, GCU are always tough at Skilled and they're actually the only team we're yet to beat this season, despite being last :\

alien

Referee
Mariners shooting for 15 unbeaten tonight...

Not a good feeling to be honest, GCU are always tough at Skilled and they're actually the only team we're yet to beat this season, despite being last :\
its not like you really need the win :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
FFA over a barrel on this one.

Should've been postponed well before this. Unforgiveable decision to wait until right before it. What about people who've travelled up there?

Conditions now are similar to what they were two days ago. Disappointing stuff.

Mong

Post Whore
When did flooding become a potential issue though? Could be much worse places to be stuck with plans having fallen through.

Still raining constantly here in Brisbane. Won't be many at Lang Park tonight.

*edit*

Just saw the footage of around the stadium at the GC, it's not flash flooding so it is a strange decision to wait so long.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I support the decision, too many people put at risk coming to the game tbh.

I don't support the timing of it. Ridiculous.

Mong

Post Whore
Probs not really too many given it's a GC game but a couple is still too many i suppose :)

Timmah

Staff member
Wow.

Remain 11 points clear of Roar with a game in hand.

Hopefully a draw or win next Saturday and the premiership is effectively ours.

Mong

Post Whore
Re the Roar. Some luck would be nice

Re Timmah going off early :lol::lol:

I wonder if he was saying that during the GF at any time last year as well?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So you don't want to give the bloke a chance? You don't want to have a coach coaching a team he hand-picked himself a go? You're right, it's much easier saying he's got no idea even though he's coaching and trying to reshape a team he had no input into.

roboshark

Coach
i have heard that excuse so mnay times..its not his team

my theory is this...he hasnt got the players he needs to play the style of game he wants, even he has said this..If so fair enough, but why try and play this way this year, coach the team to their strengths this year and look to salvage the season...there are a lot of people who signed up as members for the first time this year and we want them to come back....play to their strengths and then do as he is hinting...restructure the team in 2013 with the players that suit the game he wants...no point trying to do this with inadequate players..it obviously isnt working. He wants to be brisbane but we dont have the players, and the thing that frustrates me is our transition from defence to attack...there are so many times we could counter attack but we play back and it all breaks down...

the chopping and changing of players is crazy, and even you must admit if you watch closely that some players picked are simply not up to it...we need an attacking midfielder, a decent striker, and another back a least

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Regardless of what people think, I'm pretty sure he's still actually trying to salvage the season ...