What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11-12 :: Round 22

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round22.jpg

All times AEDST. All games live on FOX Sports.

Timmah

Staff member
*Disclaimer - NFI if #HALwpgcu will actually go ahead. Gold Coast in all sorts.

nöyd

Staff member
hmmmm go to the roar game or stay home to watch parra get their arses handed to them...

Mong

Post Whore
Roar.. Not even in doubt.

Then again on Tuesday night as well!!

Timmah

Staff member
Roar will take first place temporarily should they beat Heart tomorrow night.

Timmah

Staff member
Palmer denied in court, WP v GCU to go ahead.

Brilliant Bolton save means it's a draw in Brisbane, CCM hold competition lead by two points with a game in hand tomorrow night.

Mong

Post Whore
Never a dull moment being a roar fan.

Everyone around where we were sitting had no confidence in that penalty going in..

As expected it was a poor attempt..

Should have won but didn't..

On the bright side we are still a better side that the Mariners :)

Timmah

Staff member
I was stunned Berisha didn't take it.

Mong - if Brisbane are a better team, why are CCM ahead of them? :?

nöyd

Staff member

the belief when i was growing up was that you dont let strikers take penalties (which is bollocks)

that rule has now been amended to include centre halves as well

Timmah

Staff member
I'm aware of that - bottom line in this situation is that Berisha is a known penalty taker (as far as I'm aware).

I know for CCM it's just accepted Zwaanswijk is the penalty taker... when in recent months Sutton and McBreen have stepped up I've been left stunned.

nöyd

Staff member
I'm aware of that - bottom line in this situation is that Berisha is a known penalty taker (as far as I'm aware).

I know for CCM it's just accepted Zwaanswijk is the penalty taker... when in recent months Sutton and McBreen have stepped up I've been left stunned.

Adnan is a known penalty/free kick taker as well, take some time to look at his previous club stats and you'll find he is an extraordinarily high goal scorer for a player of his position (40 goals in 139 games for his previous 2 clubs). On occasions he has been known to play up front as well (though not for the Roar).

He hit it well, just at a great height for keepers to get something on it. All Bolton had to do was guess the right way and it was never going in.

Adnan also missed the penalty that cost Bahrain a spot in the 2010 World Cup (against New Zealand I believe).

Mong

Post Whore

Mong - if Brisbane are a better team, why are CCM ahead of them? :?

Went through a patch after the streak ended where results didn't come.. A lot of ground to make up after that.

I thought you might like that comment though :lol:

roboshark

Coach
Good riddance victory you f**king bunch of sooks

Hahah KEwell in post match saying that teams lift when they play victory because they know they are playing the best team

Have a look at the ladder your dope

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Great late equaliser, well deserved IMO after we had so many chances.

Sydney's season now on tenterhooks, premiers plate up in the air still.