What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11-12 :: Round 25

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round25.jpg

LADDER:
1st Mariners 48pts (+15)
2nd Brisbane 46pts (+21)
3rd Perth 40pts (+3)
4th Wellington 40pts (+3)
5th Heart 36pts (+1)
6th Newcastle 35pts (-2)
--------------------------
7th Sydney FC 35pts (-6)
8th Victory 29pts (-6)
9th Adelaide 24pts (-18)
10th Gold Coast 21pts (-11)​

Timmah

Staff member
Don't mind saying I have absolutely no idea.

Timmah

Staff member
I'll attempt this now

Draw
Perth
CCM
Draw
Draw

Big Sam

First Grade
Postecoglu says if Central Coast win he'll rest key players as the SEQ Derby will thus be a dead rubber. If all 5 last round games were played simultaneously this type of stuff wouldn't happen.

The only thing that makes it difficult is the different time zones to deal with, but having the 3 NSW teams, one Melbourne team, and Adelaide at home would ensure this wouldn't be a problem.

Timmah

Staff member
3pm NSW time kickoff for all games

5pm NZ - Wellington v CCM
2pm QLD - Gold Coast v Brisbane
2:30pm SA - Adelaide v Heart
3pm VIC - Victory v Perth
3pm NSW - Sydney v Jets

Wouldn't have been hard and none of those times would upset the applecart.

And no reason Viewer's Choice couldn't have been used.

Mong

Post Whore
Gee whiz.. You spent a couple of pages about it being unfair that players play in the heat yet now you propose the QLD derby to be a 2pm kick off to accomodate a ridiculous notion that they all need to be played at the same time.

There is no reason to have all games played at the same time. It's not like the EPL where the alst game actually means all that much in terms of who wins.

Although I'd prefer a system where it did and we didn't have the finals system but that's a whole different argument.

Big Sam

First Grade
5pm NZ - Wellington v CCM
2pm QLD - Gold Coast v Brisbane
2:30pm SA - Adelaide v Heart
3pm VIC - Victory v Perth
3pm NSW - Sydney v Jets

Wouldn't have been hard and none of those times would upset the applecart.

And no reason Viewer's Choice couldn't have been used.

Problem with that hypothetical is Perth are at home this weekend, hence my point that if you played all 5 games simultaneously, Perth and Wellington would have to play away.

There is no reason to have all games played at the same time. It's not like the EPL where the alst game actually means all that much in terms of who wins.

Yes it does. 2 of this weekend's games direct affect the Premiership winner. The FFA should at least have scheduled those two simultaneously earlier in the week.

roboshark

Coach
If we lose to the smurfs we only have ourselves to blame.we should of had a finals spot sewn up when we played liked busteds against the gold coast

Mong

Post Whore
Problem with that hypothetical is Perth are at home this weekend, hence my point that if you played all 5 games simultaneously, Perth and Wellington would have to play away.

Yes it does. 2 of this weekend's games direct affect the Premiership winner. The FFA should at least have scheduled those two simultaneously earlier in the week.

As i said, if we didn't have a finals series and a GF i would think differently.

So what if the roar know the equation before their game. For most this trophy/title is secondary to the GF victory so it matters little really.

It's not the way it should be though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
To be honest, we didn't deserve to be in the play-offs after the season we've had. Congrats to Sydney FC.

I really do hope Tinkler bankrolls some sweeping changes and gives GVE the opportunity to get a genuine marquee player (or two) on the field. The squad just didn't have the quality to be genuinely competitive in 2011/12.