What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 8

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round8.jpg

All times AEDT

All live on Fox Sports

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not a bad weekend of games this weekend. The Jets will be looking to avoid setting a new A-League record of most successive away losses by any side, the Roar will look to hold the undefeated record of 35 successive games, while the Mariners/Heart, Phoenix/Sydney and Victory/Gold Coast games should all be good 'uns too.

Mong

Post Whore
Victory v Gold Coast would be the last thing i would want to be watching given how they have been playing.

It has snooze fest written all over it

Frederick

Staff member
What the hell are the jets doing? They've been a man up for 20 minutes, yet are playing like they're protecting a lead?? f**king attack ffs.

Also zadkovich shits me. He's a ball hog who is more concerned with fancy footwork rather than distributing the ball.

Jets need Craig deans back in top job...least they played good attacking football when he was in charge.

roboshark

Coach
i cannot f**kn work out this mob fair dinkum...the transition from defence to attack is pathetically slow and painful to watch..galekovic had 1 save to make all game

geez they are frustrating to watch..the reds had no trouble all game even when down to 10...disappointing

Frederick

Staff member
Don't get me started on tarek "I know, I'll go for goal from the sideline on half-f**king-way every time I get the f**king ball" elrich.

Dragon

Coach
I reckon TT, and i thought the NRL refs were bad..

Meanwhile brisbane are beautiful to watch

Not only great to watch but coached by Ange who I'm not sure if some you know but he was the subject of multiple tirades by that germ Foster on SBS and now he's delivering one of the best Australian club football teams ever. Good on ya Ange!

Timmah

Staff member
I'll cop that the penalty was a wrong call, it was shoulder at worst, chest at best.

Otherwise we still scored 2 legit goals and won the match.

Will take a massive effort to get near Brisbane on this performance though. f**k me :|

roboshark

Coach
that first half from the roar was simply unbeliveble...the lead up to the 2nd berisha goal was some of the best football you will see anywhere in the world

Mong

Post Whore
Great game particularly the first half. Being able to watch the roar every week is a real pleasure.

Not sure why Perth decided to not use a game plan similar to plans of recent teams that have caused some issues for the roar.

Sitting back was never going to work.. They were in trouble in all reality from quite early on.

MKEB...

Staff member
Nix win at home...ripper of a goal from Tim Brown. Though we were lucky not to concede a spot kick in the last couple minutes. But we will take the win.

roboshark

Coach
geezus tim brown scores some goals for a non recognised striker

hernandez scores a late winner for mv to probably spare durakovics job

Timmah

Staff member
What's the record for most penalties in one A-League Round? Surely this weekend topped it...