What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 2

Which team impressed you the most in Round 1?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Sydney Wanderers

• Wellington Phoenix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nöyd

Staff member
word is they've already got the culprit, and even more word is that the flare ended up on the field because someone in the den was having an asthma attack, so whoever ripped it panicked and threw it. to be honest i had no problem with it (the flare), but can see why people would, they don't smell too pleasant.

Mong

Post Whore
I don't care about a flare being there, ending up on the pitch is a different story though.

The flare being thrown and security being on their way up there seem to coincide from where we were, of course I can't confirm or deny an asthma attack from where we were.

weasel

First Grade
Also had a great time at the game last night. Only disappointing thing was the crowd. 18k is nothing to sneeze at but I thought we shoulda been able to get over 20k given the occasion. Maybe the Kangaroos game played at the same time might have had something to do with it?

I thought Melbourne were pretty woeful to be honest. Not that we didn't play well but it was very disappointing from Victory, after we went 2-0 up they didn't offer anything. Halloran had a good game, but I was disappointed with the absence of the two asian players on the bench, although when I think about it, it'd be tough to leave Fitzgerald, Brattan or Hingert off the bench. And god knows where Henrique is going to fit into this team. Our depth is staggering really. Given that, I was annoyed that Rado waited so long to go to the bench when we'd already wrapped the game up. The young guys need more game time.

Murdocca has done well to work his way back into the first team, really thought his time with us might have been ending but it was a great performance last night. Blew another golden scoring opportunity though, in typical Massimo fashion.

MEE.

Juniors
'Twas a great night in Sydney. Disappointing result but Del Piero's goal, the massive crowd and Sydney's improved performance put a positive spin on things.

Sydney's defense is a worry. McFlynn was crap again, I will be surprised if he starts next week it looks like the beginning of the end. Emerton also seems to be struggling at RB.

Need Bosschaart back asap and a fit, firing Culina.

425912_154199204721817_1829231402_n.jpg

Mong

Post Whore
It looked like a good atmosphere there, watching it at the Caxton prior to heading down to Lang park everyone gave a huge cheer when Del Piero scored and also when Heskey scored.

What was the official crowd?

Big Sam

First Grade
After last week's success, this week we have the 4th highest aggregate crowd ever.

Adelaide/Western Sydney - 8,950
Sydney/Newcastle - 35,419
Brisbane/Victory - 17,364
Heart/Wellington - 10,907
Central Coast/Perth - 9,192

Round Total - 81,832
Round Average - 16,366

Total Season Attendance - 175,332
Season Average - 17,533

Big Sam

First Grade
Also with 2 derbies and Victory/Adelaide next weekend, I think we'll get over 80k again.

Iafeta

Referee
Quality performance from the Phoenix... seeing as they were missing half their first XI (including their two first string keepers, three of the four defensive backline, and the manager), I thought it was a damn good effort to go down to Melbourne and take home a point.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good match this arvo, Mariners looked a little more dangerous and willing than last week. Glad to have got the win.

Crowd... well 9,192 is a pass mark, it felt like more - guarantee our next game will be a good one though with ADP likely to visit.

Mong

Post Whore
Good match?

Obviously looked better at the ground then it did on tv.. Was a bit of a snore fest..

The second half of the Heart game was the only quality part of today's action.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Good match?

Obviously looked better at the ground then it did on tv.. Was a bit of a snore fest..

The second half of the Heart game was the only quality part of today's action.
Yeah would tend to agree with that. The Mariners without doubt are a dour sort of side. Their style of play for the best part could cure insomnia, but if it's effective it doesn't really matter does it?

Mong

Post Whore
Not at all.. If you win the title I don't think it matters that much how..

Just won't have too many watching you do it, then again, if you win you probs won't care.

Was looking forward to the CCM Perth game, disappointing game though..

MEE.

Juniors
I think the Mariners are compact and difficult to break down. If the opposition doesn't take the game to them then it can be dour.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When I say good game, I mean in comparison to last week's snoozer v WSW. At least this week we played a little more attacking football. Felt there was less backpassing too.

Valheru

Coach
Crowd... well 9,192 is a pass mark, it felt like more - guarantee our next game will be a good one though with ADP likely to visit

Well I am glad it felt like more because it looked deplorable on TV. It looked like 7k.

A pretty entertaining weekend all up with plenty of goals. I know the FFA would be happy with the Sydney crowd but they must be upset that both their ?glamour? clubs have failed to get a point in the opening 2 games.