What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 22

Mong

Post Whore
Why? Luca$h has always put dollars before trophies. He could've played in a European Cup final but instead ended up in a relegation shitfight with West Ham all because they offered him 10k a week more.

:lol:

Stop crying, you dodged a bullet, he was too slow for the premier league even then.

Mong

Post Whore
I only saw a few highlights.. Couldn't tell what the weather was like.. The crowd must have been hiding under cover as the footage showed a lot of empty seats.

That figure is much better than what it appeared.

Big Sam

First Grade
No excuses for CCM fans this week. Weather's supposed to be good.

If they're outnumbered, not only will it be a first for the HAL, it will be quite embarrassing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While I completely agree - no excuses - "weather's supposed to be good"?

Showers forecast for Saturday :?

Timmah

Staff member
If they're outnumbered, not only will it be a first for the HAL, it will be quite embarrassing.
Embarrassing?

We care about results on the field, not who wins the "battle of the stands".

Big Sam

First Grade
It will be embarrassing. You're 8 years older and it's a home game. There should be more CCM fans there.

And my weather app says it will be sunny.

Glenn

First Grade
No excuses for CCM fans this week. Weather's supposed to be good.

Embarrassing, how so??? Rather be 4pts clear at the top then in a fapping contest over crowds.

Knightmare

Coach
There will be at least 10,000 Mariners fans there. I don't envisage 10,000 WSW fans coming so this discussion about being "outnumbered" seems a little odd...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Embarrassing?

We care about results on the field, not who wins the "battle of the stands".

You should care about both. Twenty trophies aren't going to save you if you can't attract a crowd to pay your bills.

Of course, the Mariners won't ever secure that many trophies given their predilection for choking.

Timmah

Staff member
It will be embarrassing. You're 8 years older and it's a home game. There should be more CCM fans there.

And my weather app says it will be sunny.
We're 8 years old and yet our population base is STILL only 300,000. And yet we're outdrawing Perth, Heart and Wellington, who each have more than triple the population and media coverage.

Showers and 25 isn't sunny. http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/hunter/gosford
You should care about both. Twenty trophies aren't going to save you if you can't attract a crowd to pay your bills.

Of course, the Mariners won't ever secure that many trophies given their predilection for choking.
I care about crowds for the sake of our club making $$$ and improving exposure. Regardless of which mob fills Bluetongue on Saturday, our club benefits. It will be a great advertisement for the game.

Interestingly we've won one more trophy than the Jets.

Unless you count the wooden spoon as a trophy?

Timmah

Staff member
I'd imagine so. An average over 8 years of 9,761 implies there's been plenty of 10k+ matches.

Only 800 behind the all-time average of the Jets too (10,566).