What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 4

Iafeta

Referee
lol@ Andrew Durante straight out calling the referee a shocker and Jeronimo a cheat. Good to see a captain these days speak his mind, after what can only be termed a horror show of incompetency from the clown with the whistle. That red card... horror show. Second Adelaide goal, well and truly offside. Durante, what a champ.

Gotta love Rudan the chump trying to down play Jeronimo's diving, saying its ok because he comes from South America so its in his culture. This is the A-League F-tard, simulation ain't on.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Was hilarious. It's one thing to dive as contact is about to be made, it's another to go to ground 3 seconds after.

Wanderers finally have a goal and they've been able to shut Brisbane down pretty comfortably so far.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Durante and Hutchinson have probably provided 2 of the best post-match interviews. Hutch last week was sarcastically complimenting the refs for their great game... this week Durante just unloaded. Loved it.

Timmah

Staff member
And good to see WSW nab a win. Roar seemed to be a bit slow.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Wow - Jeronimo didn't dive hey? What game was the ref watching? Cassio was fractionally offside, but it was close.

Oh and lolRoar.

nöyd

Staff member
pfft never in doubt

brisbane didnt even adjust to the conditions, trying to play the same style with a slippery pill, all credit to WSW

Mong

Post Whore
WSW were too fast for the roar and the roar didn't handle it, they looked f*cking dreadful at times which, to their credit, was mostly because of the oppositions workrate and pressure.

WSW were in complete control. Good signs for them.

Fortunately as it is exam prep time I didnt have to sit in the rain to endure that one!!

Iafeta

Referee
Durante and Hutchinson have probably provided 2 of the best post-match interviews. Hutch last week was sarcastically complimenting the refs for their great game... this week Durante just unloaded. Loved it.

Its good to finally see in Australian sport captains show personality and passion to go past the media friendly cliches`, even if its at the expense of possible penalty. Durante's a gutsy defender, and now officially king of the post match interview. Silver lining from a dud refereeing performance and a dive of the highest order.

Band On The Run

Juniors
We were absolutely awful last night. WSW deserved their win.

Although us winning the derby would more than make up for that crappy football game I watched last night.

Timmah

Staff member
Good win for CCM, an otherwise bland game. Up into 3rd for now.

Mong

Post Whore
No surprise there. I try to avoid watching CCM now, f**k they are boring.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I only saw highlights of the Phoenix game yesterday, but the dive was pretty pathetic, at least they didn't concede a goal from the resulting kick I suppose.

Also the 'offside' goal Adelaide got was made worse by the fact that Brockie's goal was denied in almost exactly the same circumstance. The good ol' consistency or lackthereof in refereeing that can make games so frustrating if they don't go your team's way.

Rod

Bench
Disgusting decision by the match review committee tonight to uphold the red card and not act on the dive, gutless.

Iafeta

Referee
I hear the douche referee was the same one who fell for Berisha last year taking an air swing at the ball, missing, and then falling over like he'd been snipered from the crowd. What sort of goose referee is fooled twice by basically the same move? I love hearing Jeronimo in the press apparently upset by the claims and feeling its unfair... fair dinks, Marlon Brando's dive at the end of Godfather 1 wasn't as theatric as Jeroniknob. Good to see the FFA take a hardcore stand on diving lol . Gutless tools.

Mong

Post Whore
Lol

Fooled by berisha..

The ref wasn't fooled as there wasn't anything to be fooled by.. He just didn't see what actually happened and farked the call up.

One day you lot will get over it..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the match review committee weren't fooled, they had plenty of time to review it and still f**ked up

mind boggling really

Latest posts