What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 5

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Some interesting matchups this weekend. Gosford plays host to the ADP circus, the Victory will look to get off the bottom and the Wanderers will want to prove last week was no fluke.

Elsewhere the Jets face their toughest test to date across the Nullarbor while the Reds will look to hang onto top spot, but the Roar will be looking to bounce back at home.

hal2012-13-r5.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
They will against Sydney. Seriously, without ADP SFC would be rivaling the old NZ Knights as the worst team in HAL history. And the only reason I said Sydney will score a goal is because of another penalty. Mariners defenders will do a hackjob on Del Piero.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think we'll beat SFC... but honestly wouldn't be surprised if a controversial decision saw Sydney score one.

Will ADP ever score from open play?

Big Sam

First Grade
Technically the goal last week at Parra was from open play...

But I know what you mean. Reminds me of how one season Muscat was the Victorians' leading goalscorer with about 10 penalties.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
They will against Sydney. Seriously, without ADP SFC would be rivaling the old NZ Knights as the worst team in HAL history. And the only reason I said Sydney will score a goal is because of another penalty. Mariners defenders will do a hackjob on Del Piero.
I'd be very surprised if it was anything other than 1-0...

Mong

Post Whore
The roar would want to get a whole lot better quickly. I didn't get to see the perth game but since then they were great against the victory but rubbish against wellington and completely outplayed last week.

Need to play an Ang coached team every week it seems :)

Not sure there will be a decent crowd there either.

Timmah

Staff member
I think it's about motivation for Brisbane... they only had it vs Victory for the Ange factor. Otherwise it's been a bland Mariners-like performance in the remaining matches.

They'll fire up for us in Round 8 but who knows between then and now.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Since when do Central Coast score more than one goal?

Since when did Central Coast draw 14,000 to a game? :crazy:

Crowd predictions:
9,000 (max in their crappy stadium)

Timmah

Staff member
Didn't we routinely fill it at the back end of 07/08 during the last rounds and finals? :lol:

Idiot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's a shame the construction had to be happening the one time in the A-League's history that Perth have been able to draw a crowd.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
There was talk of moving it to Paterson's but I don't think that's going to happen.

jargan83

Coach
It is disappointing on the timing of the construction, most clubs usually see a bump in crowd numbers after a succesful year.

There are still a couple of games scheduled at Pattersons but it really is a shit venue

Misanthrope

Staff member
What on earth is Patterson's? I realize Subiaco is a tad big, but surely it'd be better than locking the gates on interested punters?