What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League All Stars vs Juventus

Big Sam

First Grade
Moronic, yank concept.

The fact that 3 Adelaide players and the coach have to back up for an FFA Cup tie 48 hours later, clearly demonstrates where the FFA's priorities lie.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't see a problem with the concept at all. It brings a high profile team to Australian shores in a way that doesn't favour any one club, and it's a good curtain raiser to the season proper.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't see a problem with the concept at all. It brings a high profile team to Australian shores in a way that doesn't favour any one club, and it's a good curtain raiser to the season proper.

Automatically criticising and rejecting any Americanised concept is the new black these days...as well as scepticism. People loooooooove to be sceptics now. Pussies.

Jimbo

Immortal
Automatically criticising and rejecting any Americanised concept is the new black these days...as well as scepticism. People loooooooove to be sceptics now. Pussies.

I'm happy to call myself an AGW skeptic

Remember, the opposite of skeptical is gullible...

Big Sam

First Grade
Automatically criticising and rejecting any Americanised concept is the new black these days...as well as scepticism.

All-Star games are American though because they don't have any Origin-style concepts inherent in their leagues (they could play US v Canada in Ice Hockey though).

The FFA can easily have a proper Origin-style game by having the International A-Leaguers vs. A-League-based Socceroos.

Clubs playing clubs should be the sole model when it comes to money-generating friendlies. Despite the exhibition nature to those matches, there's still more meaning than there ever will be in this All-Star concept. Even at the MCG last year there would have been 5% of the crowd going for Victory. That's 5% more than the support levels for the All-Stars at both Man U and Juve.

saint.nick

Coach
All-Star games are American though because they don't have any Origin-style concepts inherent in their leagues (they could play US v Canada in Ice Hockey though).

The FFA can easily have a proper Origin-style game by having the International A-Leaguers vs. A-League-based Socceroos.

Clubs playing clubs should be the sole model when it comes to money-generating friendlies. Despite the exhibition nature to those matches, there's still more meaning than there ever will be in this All-Star concept. Even at the MCG last year there would have been 5% of the crowd going for Victory. That's 5% more than the support levels for the All-Stars at both Man U and Juve.

But I'm not rejecting the fact that they are American. My point is that people love to reject everything American. I don't think it's such a big deal to worry about.