What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Season 2007/08

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Further to lolesi's "I own this forum whinge"... you do realise bandwagoners are what keeps sport alive and interesting?

lolesi

First Grade
Timmah said:
So this is your forum? :lol:

I'll contribute where I like, when I like, and you can lump it. Simple as that.

If that was the only thing you depicted from my post then what a laugh.

fish eel

Immortal
Timmah said:
I dare say it's a little less obvious that there was an international on the middle weekend... there's nothing stating why the gap was on the A-League website.

Little less obvious?

It's only a world cup qualifier and it was said last year there'd be an international break

Timmah

Staff member
It's still not mentioned in any of the press releases regarding the finals on the A-League website. That was my point.

lolesi said:
If that was the only thing you depicted from my post then what a laugh.

What I read was a self-righteous diatribe where you believe you have more right to post here than others because you're here all year, and others aren't.

I was just surprised considering you have so closely followed football for so long that you didn't know the difference between MP & P in league and P & C in football... I thought that would be second nature.

One doesn't have to post on a football sub-forum (on a league board mind you) year-round to know the game ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Timmah said:
It's still not mentioned in any of the press releases regarding the finals on the A-League website. That was my point.

It's common knowledge amoung people who 'know anything about football' Timmah.

The FFA announced it last year when the WC draw was announced to stave off any possible fights with clubs about players being unavailable.

It's fine that you're a blow in here, and you are right when you say bandwagoners keep sports going, but to accuse regulars of not knowing anything about football when clearly what you know is lacking is a bit, well, to quote yourself, it smacks of a "self-righteous diatribe"

Incidently, Michael Cockerill has been writing about australian football since you were in nappies, and in todays herald he referred to CCM as 'minor premiers'. I guess he doesnt know the game either.

Timmah

Staff member
My self-righteous diatribe didn't involve me patronising lolesi on the basis of not being here all year long. Thanks for your interest.

P.S. Michael Cockerill is wrong, and perhaps should refer to what different trophies and plates are awarded in the sport he so keenly writes on... hitting A-League.com.au will tell you exactly what the Mariners are. Minor premiers seems to be derived from League and AFL circles and due to the lessened popularity of football in Australia you'll find it's been pinched from them I'd say.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Timmah said:
P.S. Michael Cockerill is wrong, and perhaps should refer to what different trophies and plates are awarded in the sport he so keenly writes on... hitting A-League.com.au will tell you exactly what the Mariners are. Minor premiers seems to be derived from League and AFL circles and due to the lessened popularity of football in Australia you'll find it's been pinched from them I'd say.

No sh*t, dickhead.

Have you thought that it's a common term in Australia and only trainspotting, anorak wearing pretentious dickheads would seriously pull someone up on it

Timmah

Staff member
If you read the discussion, lolesi tried pulling me up on it when I had it right. Nice try though.

lolesi

First Grade
Timmah said:
Further to lolesi's "I own this forum whinge"... you do realise bandwagoners are what keeps sport alive and interesting?

I own this forum? haha, geez thats rich, every second topic on this forum seems to be from you, citing the topic as the 'offical etc etc'.

I watch alot more european football then HAL, and i have simply never heard of the premiers and champions tag's, thats fine, but pulling someone up on that and bringing into question knowledge of sport they follow day in day out, is seemingly very self-rightoues in itself.

I would also never doubt my knowledge of the players and the playing styles of each team in the HAL far exceeds yours, though you can have the terminology of the premiers and champions victory if you like.

lolesi

First Grade
Dr Crane said:
No sh*t, dickhead.

Have you thought that it's a common term in Australia and only trainspotting, anorak wearing pretentious dickheads would seriously pull someone up on it

Bit to warm for an anorak.

Timmah said:
No. lolesi if you knew anything about Football, it's that the team that finishes 1st are the PREMIERS, and the team that finishes top in the GF are the CHAMPIONS.

i'm curious to find out exactly what you know about football? the first you heard of the beautiful game was when the mariners were formed

lolesi

First Grade
Ive come to the conclusion 1 thing, that if you come first after the round games you are premiers and if you win the GF you are champions.

So basically the essentials.

who cares really? timmah is the only prentious prat on this forum who nit picks sh*t like that on everyone and wonders why everyone thinks he's a wanker

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i'm curious to find out exactly what you know about football? the first you heard of the beautiful game was when the mariners were formed

I hate to be a nitpicky prat, but

Timmah said:
I've been supporting Man U for a number of years. Not closely, but I definitely have been.

Timmah

Staff member
If you really want the scoop I played for about 5 or 6 years as a kid. *cue fat joke*

Timmah

Staff member
As for the actual questioning... you guys can keep banging on about me being a pretentious wanker for "pulling up" lolesi... go back, read the text. He tried pulling me up. Not the other way around.