What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tribute to Ozzie - GET INVOLVED

Dave Q

Coach
I dont want to detract from this thread being a tribute for Oz, but I know he'd approve......

HAVE ANOTHER f**kING SPOON!

The Souths LU Ozzie tribute delegation should not have to put up with this, you miserable cretin.

henrieté

Juniors
Gentleman it will be pistols at dawn if there is any argy bargy.

Dave, can I say that there is long story that involves Ozzie and the spoons.

Melon went to the first game against Souths in 2002 brandishing red and green wooden spoons. He handmade 500 of the bloody things. One got broken by a certain Souths Administrator and we all thought this was one of the funniest things we had ever heard.

Many of us put in extra orders for spoons and I personally know that Ozzie took great delight in this story and was one of the many wallsters who requested a spoon. I'm still waiting for mine.

I can say without any doubt whatsoever that Ozzie would have gotten where Melon is coming from.

Please don't take it as a insult.

melon....

Coach
The Souths LU Ozzie tribute delegation should not have to put up with this, you miserable cretin.
Dave, you completely missed the context intended. Oz may have left us, but we MUST maintain the hate between Easts and the vermin. Its all about the Spoons.

Dave Q

Coach
Dave, you completely missed the context intended. Oz may have left us, but we MUST maintain the hate between Easts and the vermin. Its all about the Spoons.

Spoons?

How many premierships have the rorters won v Souths?

There is no doubt at all as to which club rrrrrules the rrrrroost (ers).

If the kindly mod wasnt around, Id kick Melons words from here to the F7 thread!

melon....

Coach
Spoons?

How many premierships have the rorters won v Souths?

There is no doubt at all as to which club rrrrrules the rrrrroost (ers).

If the kindly mod wasnt around, Id kick Melons words from here to the F7 thread!
So are you ready to be owned by us again this year?

OVP

Coach
honouroz.jpg

looks fantastic mate ...quality stuff

Shorty

Staff member
Didn't know Oz too well,would have been when I was a lurker...but will happily involve myself in the tribute x

condochook

Juniors

Melon went to the first game against Souths in 2002 brandishing red and green wooden spoons. He handmade 500 of the bloody things. One got broken by a certain Souths Administrator and we all thought this was one of the funniest things we had ever heard.

Many of us put in extra orders for spoons and I personally know that Ozzie took great delight in this story and was one of the many wallsters who requested a spoon. I'm still waiting for mine.

I can say without any doubt whatsoever that Ozzie would have gotten where Melon is coming from.

HAHAHAHAHA Melon's work.
Admired by many,copied by few..........-:p

Dave Q

Coach
Some of the Souths delegation will stand down from red alert in Ozzies memory.

But we shall not surrender our weapons at the gate. We may need them if a fracas arises during the course of the remembrances.

On the morrow I shall duly adorn the official Ozzie banner and I will be proud to wear it.

Sugar

Bench

That is funny
Disrespectful and down right wrong but funny

Dave Q

Coach
That is funny
Disrespectful and down right wrong but funny

By all means attend the service sugar, but keep the holster tucked away in the suit jacket!

I was thinking, apart from an ozzie-day, maybe there is a time we could nominate for the festivities to be summed up.

People can post during the day, but maybe its nice we had a time, a half hour late at night, when the thread can become enlivened.

And I still think my sacrifice idea is a goer. People can do without something all day and report in what they did.

Here is my proposed committment:

1. Spend at least 15 minutes reading Ozzies post.

2. Souths jersey folded away for the day.

3. Car rabbitoh sticker covered for the day.

4. No sex.

Stuff that our Ozzie would have laughed at us for, after all, it is his day.

Bloody well done Dave.
Us Roosters should also do something. As mentioned, I'm thinking of purchasing my first Roosters jersey on Australia day.

Dave Q

Coach
Bloody well done Dave.
Us Roosters should also do something. As mentioned, I'm thinking of purchasing my first Roosters jersey on Australia day.

Cheers, each person can decide for themselves what they will do!

And a time where we can round up the days events. Not compulsory, but there if people wish to share the grief together. Sometimes its easier that way.

The maori are big on these events, adds to the spirituality, not that as far as I knew, Ozzie was selling any belief system......except in the roosters!

He was definately heroic near the end. He shared that stuff with us, he didnt have to, that was a genuine gift to us. It was the most moving thing on LU ever. It gave us a point of difference as a forum. It was extraordinary.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
Oz,

Where are you mate. Are you still with us?

I met Ozzie at the SFS in 2002. He was up with Chook and Spanner (RIP - Another Easts Legend that left us too soon). We met at the old stomping ground behind Bay 13 at half time. Brain had photos of Benny from Abba, who was a dead set ringer for a wallster called Socrates. Or as Trewhella called him "Suckmycockrates". His shrine up on the concrete pylons was there so we knew where to meet. It was the Wallsters first real get together other than the usual crims in The Chookpen (Bay 15 back then) and the corporate farts in Bays 14 and 13.

Ozzie was there. In his faded 1975 old school Tricoloured Jersey. We had a beer and a chat. Talked about the old days when men were men and Lycra wasnt an option for a jersey.

We formed the first Easts Forum 7s side that won the the title on Rleague. We backed it up with aplomb when the war divided that place and LU was born. I handed the armband to Ozzie who took them to another title I think ...or at least another Grand Final.

He was a gentleman. A kind, fair, caring bloke. I havent met anyone that loves his Roosters more than this bloke. Actually I havent met any other supporter that loved his league more than Ozzie.

When he wasnt at the game, he was tucked away at the Yass hotel still yelling at Rabbits Warren, still cheering a Fittler cutout to Hodges or Minichiello. He was there when Horrie was doing that sh*t at Henson. He was there when Artie led the greatest lineup the game has seen to 19 consecutive victories and back to back premierships under old Jack. He was there in '66 when we didnt win a game. Still cheering. Still Proud. Still Hopeful. The stories he had of that era are a lesson in life.

He was there cursing with the rest of the world, as politics robbed Horrie of a Kangaroo Jersey.

He was there when his boy needed him. He was there when his mates needed him.

He's needed now. One of the last of a brilliant breed of men. When you lose old heads like Ozzie - you cant help to thank God you had the chance to experience him. You cant help to feel sorry for the young blokes that didnt have the experience. And have been robbed of somehing they could do with but will never get.

Ozzie. Where ever you are - I know youlll be wearing that old '75 with the faded Rooster standing on the ball with "Easts to Win' scribed into it. I know you'll be holding a New or Draught, and I know youd be screaming at Rabbits Warren and spitting at Piggins.

A class act. On and off the field.

Remember Oz. Easts to Win. Always.

:clap: