What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tribute to Ozzie - GET INVOLVED

Dave Q

Coach
We could have some live discussion with more than 2 or 3 people like the game-day stuff.

It doesnt happen that often out here in theburbs of LU.

Something different for Oz.

As the spoon story suggests, he could be a creative bastard when he wanted to be.

By all means drink on ozzie day, it is afterall, a kind of belated on-line wake.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
We could have some live discussion with more than 2 or 3 people like the game-day stuff.

It doesnt happen that often out here in theburbs of LU.

Something different for Oz.

As the spoon story suggests, he could be a creative bastard when he wanted to be.

By all means drink on ozzie day, it is afterall, a kind of belated on-line wake.

thats a great idea, although due to it being Aust day, some people have pther commitments such as family gatherings (like my family do every year on Aust).

KHunt

Juniors
I've just read this entire thread and have learnt what a champion bloke this man is. I've never read any of his posts before I saw this but now have a decent insight into who Ozzie was. I was wondering what all the banners were and now that I know its a fitting tribute to a great bloke, who's legacy is still going today.

I ask if I have permission to upload the banner onto signature? Would love to pay my respects.

Monk

Referee
I've just read this entire thread and have learnt what a champion bloke this man is. I've never read any of his posts before I saw this but now have a decent insight into who Ozzie was. I was wondering what all the banners were and now that I know its a fitting tribute to a great bloke, who's legacy is still going today.

I ask if I have permission to upload the banner onto signature? Would love to pay my respects.

go for it man,

griffo346

First Grade
hey monk when the f7s season comes around i will put forward the idea from a captain to have a tribute match in ozzies honour how do you feel about that

Monk

Referee
hey monk when the f7s season comes around i will put forward the idea from a captain to have a tribute match in ozzies honour how do you feel about that

that'd be pretty cool, roosters vs penrith would be a good idea imo

Jesbass

First Grade
Griff, there are a few different ideas around what the F7s can do to honour Ozzie. They'll indubitably be discussed among the captains and officials prior to the season taking off. A trophy between the Panthers and the Roosters is an obvious one, but my favourite is still to have an Ozzie heritage round, (probably Round 1 as he was a foundation member of the competition).

I'm sure as more people discuss it, more ideas will sprout forth.

Dave Q

Coach
We could rename Peoples Choice Award to The Ozzie Peoples Choice Award.

I was also sparing a thought for the other LU and people no longer with us and as part of Ozzie day.

A few of the guys here have lost close family this year. They are courageous. Its been pretty tough.

Just a thought.

Monk

Referee
is there a roosters team on there? if not someone should get a roosters team togater that would be tops.

Nemesis

Bench
Although I didn't have the privilege of knowiing Ozzie, I'd be honoured to participate in his tribute and have posted this on Souths LU for him.

I haven't been on LU long enough to know Ozzie, but from what I've read
he was a fine bloke, a real character and passionate Roosters supporter.

We are all Rugby League supporters and our intense rivalry isn't really
hate, it's just that we are all so passionate about our own clubs and
teams and we revel in all our historic rivalries we've had over the last 100
years. Its a part of our life, culture and who we all are.

Thats what makes our game so great and no one (Ozzie included) would
want any of the opposition clubs or teams to disappear. Hell, despite what
that turd Riley Brown did to Wingy, deep down I really felt for him when he
busted his arm in that Broncos game! I'm sure Ozzie wouldn't have wanted
Souths to disappear any more than any of us would want the Roosters to.

At the end of the day behind all these ridiculous monikers, avatars and
sometimes rude and obnoxious comments are mostly good people who
have feelings, who care about others and are passionate about the game
we all love.

Although I didn't know Ozzie, after reading some of his posts I believe he
was a really decent bloke, who a few people on here were privileged
enough to call a friend. I'm deeply saddened for him, his family and his
friends that his life was so cruelly cut short.

Cheers Ozzie.. may you rest in peace.

griffo346

First Grade
monk there hassnt been a roosters team since ozzie tried to get a team together a couple of seasons ago maybe you can have a try ?

just create a thread in here and in the f7s thread

saying roosters players for f7s wanted pm yourself

Monk

Referee
monk there hassnt been a roosters team since ozzie tried to get a team together a couple of seasons ago maybe you can have a try ?

just create a thread in here and in the f7s thread

saying roosters players for f7s wanted pm yourself

as much as i would like to do that, F7's really isnt my thing. im just not a writer.

Pistol

Coach
The F7s community has lost a great writer and a good friend in Ozzie. I didnt get to know him too well but I did have the honour of reading and marking a few of his articles. He was one of the most genuine blokes and his articles were really easy to read. His passion for football and for life shone through.

I convey my condolences to his family and friends.

Vale

griffo346

First Grade
monk if i wassnt a captain of a team i would be honoured to give it a crack mate but i am will to give you a hand in getting interest you need about 12 players to work well...

Ozzie would be proud if the team got back up

Monk

Referee
monk if i wassnt a captain of a team i would be honoured to give it a crack mate but i am will to give you a hand in getting interest you need about 12 players to work well...

Ozzie would be proud if the team got back up

i spose i could try and get one up, how would i go about getting the Ozzie Roosters Up?

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I didn't know ozzie but his grand final winning article which willow touched me and i would happily fly the banner.