What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tribute to Ozzie - GET INVOLVED

griffo346

First Grade
Monk mate the team name is fine all you need to do is create a thread inside here get about 11 people interested in playing

max squad is 15
its 7 per team every 10 days 5 start and 2 on bench

mate im willing to help you get a squad together you have done well here and the support you have here people would show interest IMO

I have never had the privilege of having Ozzie put me in my place on these forums, however he certainly appears to have been a passionate loyal Roosters supporter and I admire that about him. I think what you guys are trying to do is a fantastic tribute.

Rest in Peace Ozzie. I am sure you will be cheering on the Roosters from high in the stands.

Fibroman

First Grade
I love to hate roosters supporters, and people like Ozzie give me reason to go on.......and carry on. This place hasn't been the samw with out him. Just the nic-name 'Aussie' is enough to make me like the bloke. A true Aussie champion. His only downfall, was not supporting the Panthers.

Fibroman

First Grade
Life wouldn't be worth living if it didn't involve taking the p155 out of Rooster supporters. Ozzie was always up for a good donnybrook on the forums. You other morons better lift your game now that he is gone, or he will be very disappointed in you.

Count me in for one as well.

Due to a change in jobs (out of the govt) and coaching now I rarely get to these forums. I knew Ozzie was sick as at the end of the season last year but did not realise how much. So to read today he has passed away is quite saddening. As with spanner previously as melon stated a couple of good Roosters departed.

It's good to be back actually and hopefully I get more time.

Well Done!

Well that's what drew us to LU in the first place. Ozzie, Backpacker and myself roosted here. The chance to be part of a new forum that dealt with Rugby League was something we all wanted to be a part of.

I do recall Backpacker saying to me once that he thought Willow must be conducting human experiments because with us as moderators of the Roosters Forum he was clearly allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Back in the day circa 2003, simply being a Roosters Supporter meant that you were hated. Some of the sh*t that was posted about our club was absurd. The NRL forum was simply made up of Rooster hate threads. It's refreshing to see that poor old Melbourne seem to cop it these days.

The friendships we formed spilled over into real life. We simply had some hilarious times with Ozzie.

Backpacker lived in NZ and worked shifts, I was an insomniac on-line 24/7. One morning, I hear the Oh-O of the ICQ message. It's BP with a link to the Roosters Forum saying "Ozzie's awake!"

I get to the forum and he has locked every bloody thread. He wasn't going to put up with people saying sh*t about his team anymore, so the joint was basically in lockdown. :lol:

I was devestated when BP passed away and the forum was never the same for me. I logged onto the forum to specifically send Ozzie a PM because I had no response to a text I sent. Of course his inbox was full. That's when I saw the Ozzie thread.

Send my regards to STAE. Tell him "Easts to Win".

Yep they certainly were. One of the funniest back in those days was Zefmeister or just Zef. Funny character. Wonder what happened to him.

We had no juniors was one days topic.
Then Bill Harrigan was on our books (While still reffing)
The we had no juniors again.
Chokers
Salary Cap cheats
No juniors
Poor crowds
Salary cap cheats.

Was great.

In 2002 it was 500 Red and Green spoons. I say we make ozzie happy and hand out an even 1000 this year.

:lol::lol::lol:

My mate gave one of those to George Piggins he just snapped it in half and gruffed. Andrew Denton laughed. You gave us quite a few of them in the Olympic before hand Melon.

OVP

Coach
Yep they certainly were. One of the funniest back in those days was Zefmeister or just Zef. Funny character. Wonder what happened to him.

We had no juniors was one days topic.
Then Bill Harrigan was on our books (While still reffing)
The we had no juniors again.
Chokers
Salary Cap cheats
No juniors
Poor crowds
Salary cap cheats.

Was great.

Zef still posts on Melon's forum mate (Great to see you posting again as well SR :)) http://www.therugbyleaguesite.com/

He was rather easy to lure out last year ... he took great offence at me tipping them for the spoon :lol: ... you just have to create a post about the Dogs and it'll flush him out ;-)

Chook Norris

First Grade
i'm so sorry Ozzie that i haven't posted in this thread earlier as i was overseas for a few weeks.
I didn't really meet or get to know Ozzie well enough but i know that he was a great man. Hope his family can cope well during this tough period.

R.I.P Ozzie

henrieté

Juniors

Don't know what happened SR. Like you I haven't been around for about 3 years.

Zef was a funny bugger, could give it as well as take it and was always very respectful to me. So I gave him big kudo's.

drake

First Grade
I never even knew Ozzie was sick until I read this thread.

Vale Ozzie, hope your chookies do well for ya man.

RIP.

Dave Q

Coach
Ive posted up some zoo photos at Souths LU.

I am not sure if Ozzie was pet-friendly, but everyone here is welcome to have a look.

Latest posts