What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

axl rose

Bench
Daley really sat Vaughn on the sidelines for this bloke, oh dear. Would have been great in a bygone era of the 5m rule, maybe. Blokes like Wallace are 190cm/110 kg with speed and agility. They will consign Woods to clubland for the rest of his career.

simmo05

Bench
from my experience most tigers fans had liked woods but always saw him for what he was, a good first grade prop, great motor with a decent offload. however ever since i can remember we have always been bemused by his lack of aggression, sloppy defence and slow play the ball. he was seen as a likable guy who bleed for the club so those deficiancies werent magnified as much as they should have been.

now that the guy totally shat on the club his 'character' isnt there to hid the flaws in his game. no one will ever say he is a bad player (have a look at the knights game thread and everyone is wrapping him), but we are more so recognising him for the true level he is at.
Spot on mate. Since he took a dump on us ( as captain mind you ) everyone has taken off the rose coloured glasses and now calling it like it is. A million dollar player? You have got to be kidding! Yes he makes meters, but when alot of the meters are slowly dragging 2 blokes for 20 seconds, what is the point? I think teams deliberately hold him up, let him walk and then flip him on his back. Gives the defence an age. In defence he does not seek to dominate or intimidate. There is little intent in his tackles, mainly just trundles in and flops after the hard work has been done. But, when lovett and edwards are regular first graders, it wouldnt be hard to shine.

Tiger05

First Grade
why did we sign this pot plant to almost 1 mill a season ffs!!!

It's a bad decision. He is good in some ways but for that money you expect a gun player. He isn't that or even close to it. I honestly don't think he should even be discussed as being at SOO level.

Clifferd

Coach
It's a bad decision. He is good in some ways but for that money you expect a gun player. He isn't that or even close to it. I honestly don't think he should even be discussed as being at SOO level.

Agreed. No player who plays limited minutes is worth even close to a million yet alone Sharon. He's worth about 500-600 in my books.

The only props I'd possibly consider close to the mil mark would be Taupau, Fifita and maybe Klemmer as some of their minutes can actually change the outcome of games.

simmo1

First Grade
from my experience most tigers fans had liked woods but always saw him for what he was, a good first grade prop, great motor with a decent offload. however ever since i can remember we have always been bemused by his lack of aggression, sloppy defence and slow play the ball. he was seen as a likable guy who bleed for the club so those deficiancies werent magnified as much as they should have been.

now that the guy totally shat on the club his 'character' isnt there to hid the flaws in his game. no one will ever say he is a bad player (have a look at the knights game thread and everyone is wrapping him), but we are more so recognising him for the true level he is at.

Agree with the analysis, but many of the posts in this thread are at odds with the first sentence.

He is a good workhorse prop , however our lack of any real impact forwards means we aren't really able to take advantage of the work he does. Guys like Trbojevic, Gallen and Tolman playing big minutes allow Taupau, Fifita and Klemmer to be more effective. Taumololo is probably the only one who could fit in either category.

macnaz

Staff member
I might add that Sharon made coments along the line he has been carrying the forward pack for years , this alone brought him under the microscope amongst fans to actually sit back and analyse what he does infact contribute to our side. Conclusion is he doesn't carry shit really compared to what the others do.

Well today proves that this guy is as dumb as dogshite.

He has opened his mouth and spoken before thinking, yet again.

"Bit disappointed they got on the piss all day but everybody prepares for games differently," Woods told Sky Sports Radio on Wednesday.

"We trained really well all week but it's probably the things that we do away from the training paddock that probably let us down.

"(They) probably shouldn't have done it in the limelight, maybe just stay low at the hotel if they wanted to have a beer.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ed-by-nsw-duos-pub-visit-20170719-gxe468.html

What a fool you are Aaron.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well today proves that this guy is as dumb as dogshite.

He has opened his mouth and spoken before thinking, yet again.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ed-by-nsw-duos-pub-visit-20170719-gxe468.html

What a fool you are Aaron.

He is so stupid. He dumps on his teammates and club. This is just another example of his character. He also goes and basically blames them for the loss. It was what these guys did off field that screwed us over.

The facts appear to be that there was nothing wrong with what these two did. If that is the case Woods looks like more of a fool than he already did.

Surely they can't pick this moron for SOO next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He is so stupid. He dumps on his teammates and club. This is just another example of his character. He also goes and basically blames them for the loss. It was what these guys did off field that screwed us over.

The facts appear to be that there was nothing wrong with what these two did. If that is the case Woods looks like more of a fool than he already did.

Surely they can't pick this moron for SOO next year.

Yep another terrible look. Impossible to think that just 12 months ago this guy was seen as a good leader in the game.

I don't think he is vindicative or anything, I think it's more that he is possibly the dumbest human who's ever lived.

Vozzy

Juniors
So Dugan after having a few vodka cruisers during the week played better then Sharon Woods who was sober.

This guy blames everyone else for his teams losses but himself. He probably went home and told his misses he carried NSW for 3 games.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep another terrible look. Impossible to think that just 12 months ago this guy was seen as a good leader in the game.

I don't think he is vindicative or anything, I think it's more that he is possibly the dumbest human who's ever lived.

I'm surprised at how dumb this guy really is. I also don't think that he is vindictive. I said previously that we have 3 special merkins at our club who have left but I'm starting to think they are just all really really dumb.

He's not the cleverest, especially since he said before that he didn't know anything about it until it got out on social media. I doubt he would have jumped straight on the phone to speak to them about it, so you'd have to imagine he was pretty well across what they got up to that day.

Front-Rower

First Grade
especially since he said before that he didn't know anything about it until it got out on social media.

Just like with everything that was going on at our club. I didn't know, they don't tell me, I just want to play good footy and go for a feed with the missus then walk the dog......:rolleyes:

f**k he was frustrating in that 3rd Origin match.

He's a big unit and hard to handle. That's enough to be good at club level. You can amble up to the line, turn your back on the defense and pop a ball out the back.

At Origin, you need to be charging on to the ball off the long run up. Look at Klemmer or any one of the QLD props. Even a bloke like Tim Grant grew an extra leg when he wore a blue jersey.

When Woods took his first hit up, backwards in that match, I almost pulled my TV off the wall in frustration. For Christs sake mate, run on to it.

Latest posts