What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair chased by Dragons and Warriors

Gareth67

First Grade
You guys are idiots

Blair is not 'tough' he has no 'mongrel' he is a cheap shot merchant who hides when the 'tough stuff' actually needs doing. The bloke passes more then he gets tackled. I'm not talking offloads with guys on him, I mean running cross field and throwing to anyone when a hit up is needed. When you need help getting out of trouble he is out the back bludging. He misses more 1on1 tackles then I've ever seen from a prop. He gives away stupid penalties when you least need them.

He went ok in 2015 when he had Parker, McQuire, Wallace, Thaiday etc doing the tough work for him. This year it's on him and he has been terrible. There's a reason why Bennett is supposedly letting him walk with a year to go on his contract.

Well a tiger that can think ! Unfortunately you are right . However , I don't believe that we are " idiots " , but more so desperate. The Dragons are in need of a tough uncompromising prop , preferably one that also can curb his temper , shall we say a leader of the pack .

To my way of thinking , Blair is not that player . Should we sign him , we would be repeating our past errors of buying players whose better days are behind them ( his Tiger years were undoubtedly his best :crying_cat_face: )

The Joint Venture is truly in need of a player , whom can give the team both direction and inspiration . Until we find that individual , our performances will continue to be hot and cold , regardless of whom the coach may be .

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
I think we are a long way off.
To win a premiership we need 2 quick wingers, 2 consistent centres and a captain with some ticker.
I watch those storm outside backs score tries at will with speed size and agility and think its like boys playing men. We have inconsistent, slow, error ridden, injury prone outside backs.
Storm have Cameron fricken Smith as their captain! Dragons have Widdop.
The Dragons have a forward pack that is up there with the best but our backs are one of the worst allround backlines in the comp.
We are a fair way off winning a comp IMO and its not ALL the coaches fault either IMO.
Your last sentence is possibly correct.
Everything else you said is absolutely correct.

red rocket

Juniors
Knowing McWrecker we will get the Blair from the Tigers not the Broncos or Storm
Blair would be a great singing one thing our pack lacks is mongrel also all our forwards are one dimensional he would offer more variety. Would become the leader of the pack. Fingers crossed we get him

RPG437

Juniors
Have you forgotten about our coach?
Warning, warning, warning!!!
Blair is the type of player who needs a top shelf coach to perform as was shown when he was at the Storm and now at Broncos. Under ordinary/novice coaches at the Tigers he wasn't sighted and underperformed (understatement). He thrives in a good environment under a good coach. He would be an expensive flop in the current schmozzle under McGregor.

Carlton

Juniors
Warning, warning, warning!!!
Blair is the type of player who needs a top shelf coach to perform as was shown when he was at the Storm and now at Broncos. Under ordinary/novice coaches at the Tigers he wasn't sighted and underperformed (understatement). He thrives in a good environment under a good coach. He would be an expensive flop in the current schmozzle under McGregor.

Wasn't he under Sheens at Tigers?

Crush

Coach
Your last sentence is possibly correct.
Everything else you said is absolutely correct.
Its unfortunate. The addition of Hunt will be a big improvement on our game management and take some pressure off Widdop but we will still have mediocre outside backs compared to the speedsters that other top teams possess.
Watch the Roosters go next year with teddy at the back. Scary.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
You guys are idiots

Blair is not 'tough' he has no 'mongrel' he is a cheap shot merchant who hides when the 'tough stuff' actually needs doing. The bloke passes more then he gets tackled. I'm not talking offloads with guys on him, I mean running cross field and throwing to anyone when a hit up is needed. When you need help getting out of trouble he is out the back bludging. He misses more 1on1 tackles then I've ever seen from a prop. He gives away stupid penalties when you least need them.

I still remember a game against Souths in 13/14 where he was playing on the edge and missed 3 tackles on John Sutton that lead to line breaks, John f*%cking Sutton!

He went ok in 2015 when he had Parker, McQuire, Wallace, Thaiday etc doing the tough work for him. This year it's on him and he has been terrible. There's a reason why Bennett is supposedly letting him walk with a year to go on his contract.

If Blair won't fire up for Bennett, he ain't going to do squat for Mary Lu Jo Bob.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I'd take him, hope it works out.

Go back to the results of the early rounds to see what the team can achieve, don't mind seeing more of that.

It may be a gamble to take him however, we need a tough forward and he has it in spades, BNE look a better team when he is on the park and no SOO duties.

DUB888

Juniors
Blair’s going nowhere yet
Wayne Bennett has told Golden Point that at this stage the Broncos have no plans to release Adam Blair early despite reported interest from the Dragons and Warriors.

Former Brisbane assistant Stephen Kearney has kept a close eye on Blair for the best part of six months as he goes to work on the Warriors’ underperforming pack.

We hear there will be a few more senior forwards following Ben Matulino and Ryan Hoffman out the door, with Charlie Gubb, Bodene Thompson and Jacob Lillyman off-contract and on the outer.

But as far as Bennett is concerned, Blair will be front and centre for the final year of his current deal at Brisbane.
“He’s contracted for 2018, like the rest of our roster and unless something changes that will remain,” Bennett said.

“No one has come to me, Adam hasn’t come to me so nothing changes there as far as I’m aware.”

Blair has previously indicated he would happily finish his career at Red Hill after rediscovering the fire once lost at Wests Tigers, that made him the NRL’s most feared enforcer.

While club favourite Sam Thaiday has been told this contract is his last with Brisbane, Bennett says no such conversation has been had with 30-year-old Blair, though neither have they had any talks around an extension.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/op...t/news-story/d53cd4080228bc4edadc0f9958c9eb58

Blair’s going nowhere yet
Wayne Bennett has told Golden Point that at this stage the Broncos have no plans to release Adam Blair early despite reported interest from the Dragons and Warriors.

Former Brisbane assistant Stephen Kearney has kept a close eye on Blair for the best part of six months as he goes to work on the Warriors’ underperforming pack.

We hear there will be a few more senior forwards following Ben Matulino and Ryan Hoffman out the door, with Charlie Gubb, Bodene Thompson and Jacob Lillyman off-contract and on the outer.

But as far as Bennett is concerned, Blair will be front and centre for the final year of his current deal at Brisbane.
“He’s contracted for 2018, like the rest of our roster and unless something changes that will remain,” Bennett said.

“No one has come to me, Adam hasn’t come to me so nothing changes there as far as I’m aware.”

Blair has previously indicated he would happily finish his career at Red Hill after rediscovering the fire once lost at Wests Tigers, that made him the NRL’s most feared enforcer.

While club favourite Sam Thaiday has been told this contract is his last with Brisbane, Bennett says no such conversation has been had with 30-year-old Blair, though neither have they had any talks around an extension.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/op...t/news-story/d53cd4080228bc4edadc0f9958c9eb58

Imagine what the Warriors backline could do behind a dominate pack, I say imagine, cause that what Warriors fans have been doing for 20 years.

Latest posts