What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

dragonssamy61

First Grade
That sounds more like it ! Direct from our feeder club.....if it came from Canberra or passed through there then it seems to happen more often than not.
Taylor is certainly a big body that can find the line, only problem being it's off the paddock.

I thought taylor would fit in at the sharks more than the dragons

Life's Good

Coach
He's only good under Bennett and the Broncos....he was shit at the Tigers under Tim Sheens! I'm not sure he would be the answer at the Dragons.....plus Mary would have extreme hair envy!
Yep. This is it for me with Blair. Was meant to be the answer for the Tigers and went missing while he was there.
I agree he does that the toughness you look for in a player but that comes with a fair degree of grubiness(leg pulls and twist, face rubs etc).

borat

Bench
McCrone is not our best half back, yet he gets s game each week. So why do people keep saying the juniors need to force their way into FG. That's not going to happen with MyPecker. Sorry McGregor!

McCrone is head and shoulders the best 7 at the club in 2017. That their lies the problem.

borat

Bench
That sounds more like it ! Direct from our feeder club.....if it came from Canberra or passed through there then it seems to happen more often than not.
Taylor is certainly a big body that can find the line, only problem being it's off the paddock.

Only someone who hasn't watched Taylor play this year would possibly suggest he is a good signing.

I have watched all his games. Big body yes....and that's the problem. He can't keep up with the play and keeps picking up niggling injuries. His day is done and any team picking him up would be crazy. It's why he can't crack the bench at the Raiders despite plenty of opportunities due to their injury run.

borat

Bench
Borat, that Mankini is stopping blood flow to your head and clearly affecting your reasoning. Lets see, Field, Mann, Nona should be in front on McCrone.
Really.....do tell me what games you have seen of any those 3 in the 7 to base your opinion???

Because Nona is bog average which is why he is camped firmly in Reggies.

And Field and Mann are 6's. Neither have the organisation to complement Widdop. Which is, again, why neither have played 7 in any grade.

Unless of course you are a connisuer of Kurt Mann's junior football.

Josh McCrone is very ordinary but he does a semi decent job of complementing Widdop which is why it's working.

Really.....do tell me what games you have seen of any those 3 in the 7 to base your opinion???

And Field and Mann are 6's. Neither have the organisation to complement Widdop. Which is, again, why neither have played 7 in any grade.

Josh McCrone is very ordinary but he does a semi decent job of complementing Widdop which is why it's working.
Nona is bog averaged based off what exactly.

Having seen Nona he has a better kicking game then McCrone actually he does alot of things better but Mary plays the safe option but will have no excuse with Hunt coming in next year.

McCrone other then his tackling is very average and honestly wouldn't be in first grade if for the injury to Hutchison.

The club decided not to keep Drew and the same should be for Josh aswell.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors

Semi decent? You are kidding. He tries hard, but doesn't provide any spark. Also he has been playing every week, so he should be settled by now.

You said organising half, his kicking is ordinary. Bombs not high enough for his chasers to compete; long range kicks ok distance - has kicked a few out on the full,. His grubbers for the sideline are good and he has improved here.

Cant remember him running or making many breaks. Cant remember him setting up his outside backs much with advantage.

So if organising is nothing more than catching and passing, then I agree with you.

Go back to last year and did you see field in the under 20s kicking? Did you seem Mann kick in the 9s? He has a big boot and quite a bit of precision. And I think we have seen a bot from Mann to create opportunities for his centres his his few opportunities.

The real questions is which games are you watching?

Minh

First Grade
Mc Crone has his weaknesses which is at times a dreadful kicking game. He does have the ability to do the job and in the absence of Widdop he was a stable half and usually the go to man instead of Mann. I rate Mann very highly but Mc Crone is far more experienced in the halves and compliments Widdop well.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Mc Crone has his weaknesses which is at times a dreadful kicking game. He does have the ability to do the job and in the absence of Widdop he was a stable half and usually the go to man instead of Mann. I rate Mann very highly but Mc Crone is far more experienced in the halves and compliments Widdop well.

I see McCrone adds could be valuable as a 17. He can play 7, 6, and 12. He's not a starter but if we have an injury we can then cover most positions based on the other players we have.

Latest posts