What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide & Perth: Part 2

Do you support the inclusion of Adelaide & Perth?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - let the NRL shrivel up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XXXX

Juniors
"I'm not a stadium manager in SA or WA. "
Then you don't know if it's finacilly viable .It wasn't before.
To prop up a team for 15~20 years is a big ask.
You know FA about Perth grounds .
"It's not that hard to attract sponsors" -Really ?
You haven't got airline sponsorship now .
You haven't the funding now .
You haven't the players now .
You haven't the TV deal now .
And Newqs Corp has learnt it's lesson.

Rustay

Juniors
I would love to see a team over here again. Having said that, i would still support the Sharkies but a WA team would be good.

Perth Oval would be an option for a home ground, better than the WACA and stadiums like that which would cost more to use. The stadium size would be fine, seeing as its good enough for the Glory and they have plenty of supporters.

I think if they did it the same way as the Glory, Perth Oval for the home and away games and then move to Subiaco Oval for the Finals if we made them, then that would work....maybe. I would just hope the state jumps on the bandwagon if they start performing well.

At least with this i might be able to go to a Sharks game for the first time in years! It would be great. :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
XXXX said:
"I'm not a stadium manager in SA or WA. "
Then you don't know if it's finacilly viable .It wasn't before.

It won't be an overnight success. You need TIME.

You know FA about Perth grounds .

What's that got to do with the price of fish in China?

"It's not that hard to attract sponsors" -Really ?
Yes.

You haven't got airline sponsorship now .

There hasn't been a terrorist attack in Australia now.

You haven't the funding now .
You haven't the players now .
You haven't the TV deal now .

We have more than enough players. I addressed that point before. And I never said I'd introduce Perth and Adelaide tomorrow. :roll: Can't you read?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
perth oval would probablly be the best option, the arena in joondalup would be good 2, we could definitely handle a NRL team IF IF IF IF IF!!!!! they have the right people on the board as for sponser ship, roy western real estate would be alright there sponsering the W.A v QLD game, i think it'll all come down 2 who they put on the board and how they develop the juniors

Alan Shore

First Grade
joondalup_giant said:
perth oval would probablly be the best option, the arena in joondalup would be good 2, we could definitely handle a NRL team IF IF IF IF IF!!!!! they have the right people on the board as for sponser ship, roy western real estate would be alright there sponsering the W.A v QLD game, i think it'll all come down 2 who they put on the board and how they develop the juniors

Do you think the Reds made a mistake by basing themselves at the WACA rather than Perth Oval? And how far is Joondalup from the city, if it's too far out people from the other side of town won't travel.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Tamazoid said:
joondalup_giant said:

Do you think the Reds made a mistake by basing themselves at the WACA rather than Perth Oval? And how far is Joondalup from the city, if it's too far out people from the other side of town won't travel.

yea true joondalup is about 20 mins on train from perth 30 mins drive.... yea a home ground closer to the centre of perth would be better

XXXX

Juniors
Most of what you talk about comes under the baner "gunna"
gunna do this ,gunna do that .IMO it's not the percentage play given the resources and current sporting evironment and future politcal moves .
Remember there are no pokies in WA or SA to prop up teams .
As for the present ,what's concrete is the grounds .
The WACA is the worst ground to view anything .
The capcities you have quoted are ground capcities NOT stadium capacities .Joondalup for example would seat about 1000 and protect about 300 .

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Forget SA and WA.
Small markets anyway.

Another Brisbane side based on its north side to attract fans from the Sunshine Coast as well. A 25,000 seat stadium that could be expanded. Give the AFL more to worry about up there.

In-goal

Bench
as i have stated in previous posts there is to much dead wood in Sydney.

O.K. who thinks kids will stop playing RL should the Rabbitohs relocate?

Latest posts