What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Adopted areas' for Northern Hemisphere teams

The Partisan

Hopefully the regional areas that have NH teams in their backyard can 'adopt' the respective teams with locals embracing the nations players, performance and popular culture.

Canberra host France for games on Rounds 1 and 2 ... and it would be great to see the French flags flying in the capital in support. Tourism Canberra should be sending invites to the French communities in Sydney / Melbourne.

Townsville host the USA for games on Round 1 and 2 ...... Have prominent Cowboys players promoting the games on local TV ....possibly using famous scenes from USA history.

Cairns host Scotland for games on Round 1 and 3 ..... ' The North Queensland Kilt ' 'or Barrier Reef Bravehearts' would be a great promo :p

NQ (Cns / Tsv) host Italy for games on Round 1 and 2 .... and hopefully the large heritage Italian communities up that way can be encouraged to support 'their' team.

Be great to see the local media, clubs and RL administrators get on aboard and really makes the games a viewing spectacle for those watching across the globe. Even if it is as simple as dressing in the colours of their 'adopted' team.

If possible a training session or two open to the public would be great.

The Partisan

Thought someone would say this :)

Yeah may be saying the same about England in 2021 if the SL exodus to NRL continues :D

LESStar58

Referee
I just hope that the quarter final that gets played in Melbourne involves Scotland, Ireland or the USA. I have plenty of Bravehearts and Wolfhounds shirts and can take my pick from any one of my USARL club shirts (don't have a Hawks shirt YET). Those are the teams I will be following besides the KAngaroos obviously!

Latest posts