What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advice for splitting fantasy prize winnings/sustaining interest

great_head

Juniors
last year was my leagues first season of dreamteam (free entry), it was good fun, but almost half the league dropped out when they knew they were no chance. everyone is back and keen for 2013 though, so im thinking of having a $50 entry fee and the following prizes

TOTAL POINTS - overall - $200 (25% of the pot)
TOTAL POINTS - runners up - $80 (10%)
H2H major gf winner - $200
H2H major gf runner up - $80
H2H minor premiership - $80
best weekly score of the season - $60 (7.5%)
H2H - bottom 8 gf winner - $60

hopefully this makes it a bit more interesting and keeps the people at the bottom of the ladder keen to have a go and win some money in the bottom final or the highest weekly score.
there is also. (there is a bit of left over money which will go towards a trophy)

we also have enough people to form 2 leagues, so the idea is to have a 1st grade and a reserve grade comp, with a relegation system, the bottom 4 dropping down and the top 4 moving up. so the guys that eventually do give up will drop down to the bottom league (where it will be $15 entry, but the same split of money) and the new guys n 1st grade will keep the comp strong and interesting.

what are some of your prizes? ideas? interested to here of any alternatives/advice.

hardbaby

Coach
That's a great idea mate. You are right about people dropping out. It is a bit frustrating. The ideal scenario is to get a group of mates to play because you know they'll stick it out. And prize money is always a good thing. The relegation idea is sweet. The online grand final is actually round 26. Maybe you could use the grand final editions as a way of having the relegation play offs.

Ausguy

Coach
A lot of hard work. People always lose interest. I'm not sure $50 would keep my interest if I blow all my trades and have a heap of injuries.

Good luck but the guys 12-16 will still drop out and not even login.

great_head

Juniors
A lot of hard work. People always lose interest. I'm not sure $50 would keep my interest if I blow all my trades and have a heap of injuries.

Good luck but the guys 12-16 will still drop out and not even login.

yea thats a problem, the only way i could think of stoping it (besides humiliation) was that if you are 12-16, you can SAVE yourself from relegation by winning the bottom 8 final.. so even if u come 16th u potentially won't get relegated if you stick through to the final round and win.
i dont think it will be too much work once the season is up and running. if all goes well il start increasing the entry fee the better everyone gets more experience. it was alot of peoples 1st yrs last yr.

so the relegation rules are

4 ppl move up from div 2 to div 1:
top points overall
major gf winner
minor premier
next total points overall
if they overlap then it goes to the gf runner up, 2nd for the minor etc

4 moving down from div 1 to div 2
2 lowest h2h points
2 lowest total points
if you win the minor gf from the bottom 4 position you are saved from relegation

Dogs Of War

Coach
That or find guys who go the whole way. We have a group now of 16 keen, and another 16 who are having a go. So promo/relegation is in, which makes the top division awesome cause no one gives up.

hardbaby

Coach
Exactly. You just need to find the right guys. The money is not why they play. It's just a sweetener at the end.

Dogs Of War

Coach
We got a trophy made that you keep at your house. I have lost the grand final twice.

I so want that trophy.