What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 1

CyberKev

Staff member
Barring any huge selection table shocks, I'll go with:

Thursday 30 Mar 2006

West Coast Eagles vs. St Kilda at Subiaco Oval 5:45pm AWST

Friday 31 Mar 2006

Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond at Telstra Dome 7:40pm AEDT

Saturday 1 Apr 2006

Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions at Skilled Stadium 2:10pm AEDT

Essendon vs. Sydney Swans at Telstra Dome 7:10pm AEDT

Port Adelaide vs. Kangaroos at AAMI Stadium 7:10pm ACDT

Sunday 2 Apr 2006

Hawthorn vs. Fremantle at Aurora Stadium 1:10pm AEST

Melbourne vs. Carlton at Telstra Dome 5:10pm AEST

Monday 3 Apr 2006

Collingwood vs. Adelaide at Telstra Dome 7:10pm AEST

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richmond is my lock for the round.

Can't believe I'm actually running with Collingwood.

The Subi game, the Tasmania fixture, and the Swans clash could all easily go the other way.

Tough opening round.

CyberKev

Staff member
There'll be big questions for the answering in this round, primary among them:

• Geelong has only won 1 of its past 10 clashes with Brisbane and got touched-up last time around, is the worm set to turn?
  • Fremantle has never won in Tasmania despite always coming close, will this be their hour?
  • The Hounds have lost their 5 against the Tigers, but Wallace says the opening round is all about strong running sides, can they turn it against the odds?
  • Are Sydney set for a hangover?
  • Collingwood has big troubles brewing given the limited nature of its list and desperately needs to get away to a flyer, are they up to it?
  • Can St Kilda hold its line and kick long to its tall forwards at every opportunity, or will it lose its way like so many VIC sides before it at Fortress Subi?
  • Port murdered the Kangaroos at their last start, but they go in this time without Tredrea and the blue & whites are notoriously strong starters. How can Port win?

incomparable

Juniors
CyberKev said:
There'll be big questions for the answering in this round, primary among them:

• The Hounds have lost their 5 against the Tigers, but Wallace says the opening round is all about strong running sides, can they turn it against the odds?

If i remember rightly, the dogs actually did beat the tigers the last time they meet.

CyberKev

Staff member
incomparable said:
If i remember rightly, the dogs actually did beat the tigers the last time they meet.

The memory is clearly a fragile thing.

Tigers by 12 points at the Dome for their fifth straight win against the Hounds...

CyberKev

Staff member
God damn it!

When do the other sides get announced, given that all tips need to be put in today?!

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
God damn it!

When do the other sides get announced, given that all tips need to be put in today?!

It is usually by midday Kev. The Bombers one should be up anyway.

Glenn

First Grade
Rumour has it Hird could be missing from the Bombers lineup due to a calf injury twards the end of training....hmmm Sheedy at the ducks and drakes???

lockyno1

Post Whore
He'll be gone. They won't risk him. Apparently it is only a minor injury but given his injury concerns give him a wekk and it will be all good!

Red Bear

Referee
Well the tips i had were
West Coast
Richmond
Geelong
Swans
Port
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Adelaide

Pretty sure thats what i put on the league unlimited comp on oztips

Who won tonight?

camsmith

Juniors
Damn Damn Damn! Been so busy lately forgot to do my tips on Oztips.. i guess i get the lowest score for the round or something?

Anyway my tips would have been -

Eagles
Mighty Tiges! :thumb
Cats
Dons
Roos
Hawks
Dees
Crows

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
camsmith said:
Damn Damn Damn! Been so busy lately forgot to do my tips on Oztips.. i guess i get the lowest score for the round or something?

Anyway my tips would have been -

Eagles
Mighty Tiges! :thumb
Cats
Dons
Roos
Hawks
Dees
Crows

same

didn't realise there was a game last night

not a good start

CyberKev

Staff member
Picked West Coast by 17 points in the comps demanding margins, so I'm happy with that start.

Switched to Adelaide and Sydney from my earlier tips, but not with any great confidence.

Can't believe that people are tipping Hawthorn, who will be playing a team of midgets (outside of Roughead) up forward.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Can't believe that people are tipping Hawthorn, who will be playing a team of midgets (outside of Roughead) up forward.

You tipped Footscray tonight.

What's the difference? lol

In fact for that matter, if you have Croad @ CHB and Roughead at CHF, Hawthorn are decidedly taller than the Dogs! lol

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
You tipped Footscray tonight.

What's the difference? lol

In fact for that matter, if you have Croad @ CHB and Roughead at CHF, Hawthorn are decidedly taller than the Dogs! lol

???

CyberKev said:
Friday 31 Mar 2006

Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond at Telstra Dome 7:40pm AEDT

I've been on Richmond all week and have them as my lock of the round :lol:

Latest posts