What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 12 (Split Round)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
they just had a bad game last night, I dont think its an indication of how they are playing this year

You lose your best midfielder you are going to struggle. May sneak into the 8, but won't do any damage. Its like WC withought Judd- they struggle.

meltiger

First Grade
Twizzle said:
they just had a bad game last night, I dont think its an indication of how they are playing this year

I said it a few weeks back and I stand by it.

Kosi is the most important player in the comp. In form, St Kilda are a premiership chance. Without him or if he has minimal impact, they are NO chance.

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
I said it a few weeks back and I stand by it.

Kosi is the most important player in the comp. In form, St Kilda are a premiership chance. Without him or if he has minimal impact, they are NO chance.

Heyes is St Kilda's most important player and now that Havey is gone for 3-4 weeks with a hammy they will struggle to make the 8!

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Heyes is St Kilda's most important player and now that Havey is gone for 3-4 weeks with a hammy they will struggle to make the 8!

They were playing like pooh when Lenny was still on the park.

Kosi not only gives them a quality ruckmen, it also leaves them a little less predictable across half forward, opening the game up for Riewoldt.

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
They were playing like pooh when Lenny was still on the park.

Kosi not only gives them a quality ruckmen, it also leaves them a little less predictable across half forward, opening the game up for Riewoldt.

I am not saying Kosi is not important to St Kilda, just not no1. I'd have him no2, Reievolt no3. You cannot win a premiership withought a very good in midfielder. That is what heyes gives you and always makes his possessions like Judd, Cousins count! I still think they miss Heyes more than Kosi. Not by much though.

meltiger

First Grade
You also can't win a premiership without a quality centre bounce ruckmen and a chf... Kosi gives them both.

All the most recent premiership teams have ONE thing in common ...

North Melbourne - Wayne Carey
Essendon - Matthew Lloyd/James Hird (CHF/FF combination)
Brisbane - Jonathon Brown
Port Adelaide - Warren Tredrea
Sydney - Barry Hall

I'll let you guess what that significant similarity is ...

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
You also can't win a premiership without a quality centre bounce ruckmen and a chf... Kosi gives them both.

All the most recent premiership teams have ONE thing in common ...

North Melbourne - Wayne Carey
Essendon - Matthew Lloyd/James Hird (CHF/FF combination)
Brisbane - Jonathon Brown
Port Adelaide - Warren Tredrea
Sydney - Barry Hall

I'll let you guess what that significant similarity is ...

I never said that Kosi was not important. Read my last post. I just said he was no2. Thats all. A CHF can do sweet f..k all if the service is crap from the centre. That is why I would have Heyes over Kosi. I said not by much tiger. Just enough though.

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
I never said that Kosi was not important. Read my last post. I just said he was no2. Thats all. A CHF can do sweet f..k all if the service is crap from the centre. That is why I would have Heyes over Kosi. I said not by much tiger. Just enough though.

& a team can't win a premiership without a champion CHF - West Coast last year have allegedly the best player in the game ... Yet couldn't win the cup.

Send Judd to Fremantle and put Pavlich in West Coast and the result of that game changes.

(I still think Pavlich is soft)

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
& a team can't win a premiership without a champion CHF - West Coast last year have allegedly the best player in the game ... Yet couldn't win the cup.

Send Judd to Fremantle and put Pavlich in West Coast and the result of that game changes.

(I still think Pavlich is soft)

True, but I still take a midfielder over a CHF. They are both important and its a personal preference of who is more important. Teams have won withought CHF'S being their most important person. If Judd was at Freo they would have made a GF!

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
True, but I still take a midfielder over a CHF. They are both important and its a personal preference of who is more important. Teams have won withought CHF'S being their most important person. If Judd was at Freo they would have made a GF!

Not since 1998 has a team won without a genuine champion CHF

The more important statement is WC would have made the Grannie without Judd ...

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
Not since 1998 has a team won without a genuine champion CHF

The more important statement is WC would have made the Grannie without Judd ...

I am saying it has happened. WC would only have made it as their other 4 mids are pretty good as well. Any other side would struggle withought their best midfielder!

Red Bear

Referee
lockyno1 said:
I will love to hear why we have a better side this year? Come on I am going to love this! No hird for most of the yr, our best forward is out, hille is playing like s..t, our backs are being saved by having scores put on them every week by Fletcher. Our young players are all 12-18mths off. We are crap. Tanking or not, it is what we need.
I meant the last few weeks, we are not too far off last year list wise, but without lloyd no direction up front. The drop off started in earnest after 2004 semi's.

They'll probly end up coming last anyway, BUT going down fighting is better than laying down to die.

Red Bear

Referee
No not cats, f**ked my tipping.
Similar to bulldogs beating brissy
And the other game.

Im due a badweek tho i spose

meltiger

First Grade
Free kick ... Goal. Here we go again.

I guess the cheating filth will determine that all BUMPS will be considered as a push today.

f**kwits.

meltiger

First Grade
No mark to Pettifer, and now more free kicks to Hawthorn.

For f**ks sake you dogs, EARN your goals.

meltiger

First Grade
Quarter Time scores:

Umpires 2 (Although you could almost say 3 given the no mark to Pettifer on the edge of the goal square :( )
Richmond 1
Hawthorn 0

:(

Latest posts