What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 8

CyberKev

Staff member
ROUND 8
strap_right.gif

Friday May 19
Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG, 7.40pm
Saturday May 20
Richmond v Adelaide, Telstra Dome, 2.10pm
Fremantle v Kangaroos, Subiaco, 4.10pm
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 7.10pm
Western Bulldogs v Sydney, SCG, 7.10pm
Sunday May 21
Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions, AAMI Stadium, 1.10pm
Carlton v St. Kilda, MCG, 2.10pm
Essendon v West Coast, Telstra Dome, 2.10pm

lockyno1

Post Whore
Melbourne (I will like to see the hawks lineup though)
Adelaide
Dockers
Collingwood
Sydney
Brisbane
Saints
WC by 100!

CyberKev

Staff member
I'll run with:

Melbourne
Adelaide
Fremantle
Geelong
Sydney
Port Adelaide
St Kilda
West Coast

Adelaide has to be the 'lock' of the round, although Melbourne would go close.

Essendon will push West Coast a lot harder than many expect.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Adelaide has to be the 'lock' of the round

Pfft,

Agree on Essendon though, I took West Coast under 39.5 confidently.

Maybe Judd can kick 15 goals. :D

Go to the HUN website Kev, there was yet another Judd Love Letter in sport today by yet another Journalist...

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Go to the HUN website Kev, there was yet another Judd Love Letter in sport today by yet another Journalist...

Couldn't find it.

Did fall across a fab letter from Hawthorn 1971 premiership player, Bob Keddie.

Good read.

Basic summation...

"I like Judd and he's good and all, but better than Lethal, what is wrong with you people??!!"

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well tonight shows that Judd s..ts on Hodge Cyber! He was dead average! What on earth was he doing in the back pocket! Glad I took Melbourne at 39.5!

Boon

Juniors
Melbourne
Adelaide
Fremantle
collingwood
Doggies
Brisbane
St Kilda
West Coast

camsmith

Juniors
Carn the tigggggges!

Just on my way now.. not expecting anything at all but who knows i could be in for a suprise.

CyberKev

Staff member
camsmith said:
Carn the tigggggges!

Just on my way now.. not expecting anything at all but who knows i could be in for a suprise.

Its a funny game sometimes...

Fantastic effort by the Tigers, who put the big squeeze on the Crows and came out on top in yet another tight contest.

The discipline and devotion to task of the Tigers was extraordinary today and they would have been seriously robbed to miss out on all four points.

A super showing at any time, let alone coming off a hammering like they received last week. :thumb

camsmith

Juniors
CyberKev said:
Its a funny game sometimes...

Fantastic effort by the Tigers, who put the big squeeze on the Crows and came out on top in yet another tight contest.

The discipline and devotion to task of the Tigers was extraordinary today and they would have been seriously robbed to miss out on all four points.

A super showing at any time, let alone coming off a hammering like they received last week. :thumb

Thanks mate, yeah i wasn't expecting that.. (wish i had some money on them now :D )

TW easily out-coached Craig today and imo if we had played the game today any differently to how we did... we would have lost by 5-8 goals. Coming off a 100+ thumping and then playing the GF favourites we had to do something to shut them down and keep us in the game.. thats what we did.

Considering the amount of young blokes we have running around and the guys like Brown, Johnson, Chaffey, Gasper etc.. all out of the side and also taking into account our record against the Crows (first win vs Crows in Melbourne since '97) and our record at the Dome we had to have some sort of game plan that would shut them down and keep to it..

I find it amazing that the media (MMM) have decided to jump on our backs. These are the same people who were telling us how ugly our games against Essendon and Carlton were because of the amount of mistakes. Those two games were fast, attacking and exciting.. yet they discredit us after those wins.. so we play slow, chipping footy and it still isn't what they want?? This was also the first game i know of that we played that style of game with 2 loose players in defence and a short possession style game.. yet they are acting it thats what we have been doing all year.

Anyway enough of my ranting and whinging, we beat a top 4 side and a side that many say will win the Grand Final and we beat them in the stadium we play our worst footy at... we got the four points (but not the percentage :cool: ) and that in the end, is all that matters to Richmond supporters at the moment with the (young) side we are currently putting on the park.

Special mention to Rains who did a great job on Ricciuto and also to Kellaway who was what our defence really lacked last week..

CyberKev

Staff member
Its always the way, Cammers.

If you're a high flying flag fancy with a good recent finals record, then you can pretty much get away with anything, and there'll never be a shortage of apologists looking out for you.

If you've been doing it hard for awhile, you get hammered for winning unconventionally and you get hammered for losing according to set expectation.

Make no mistake, if you would have ran full-on attack against Adelaide and got smacked, you'd be getting mauled now.

Take the 4 points with glee and let the SOBs say what they will, it was a great win.

meltiger

First Grade
Kev, can you do me a favour? Can you put the curse on us every week? :)
"Crows coach Neil Craig felt his side failed to adequately adapt to the strategy employed against it and thought the number of skill errors committed by his players didn't help their cause.

"It was a good tactic and it certainly took the pace out of the whole game, we've done that to opposition teams, so we understand that," he said. "It's part of our learning experience."

Very suprised by that.

In a game filled with ungracious losers ... That is a fantastic thing for Craig to admit too.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Well tonight shows that Judd s..ts on Hodge Cyber! He was dead average! What on earth was he doing in the back pocket! Glad I took Melbourne at 39.5!

What a joke!

I didn't see you in here talking this sh*t last season when both players were fit and Hodge was clearly playing the better football. Nor were you talking this crap across the opening month when both players were fit and Hodge was clearly playing the better football.

He has an ankle injury you fool, hence why he is being played away from the centre.

I'd like to see how Judd would go in the same circumstances.

Even allowing for that, he still managed to perform work off the ball and in adversity that Judd couldn't do in a fit.

camsmith

Juniors
CyberKev said:
Its always the way, Cammers.

If you're a high flying flag fancy with a good recent finals record, then you can pretty much get away with anything, and there'll never be a shortage of apologists looking out for you.

If you've been doing it hard for awhile, you get hammered for winning unconventionally and you get hammered for losing according to set expectation.

Make no mistake, if you would have ran full-on attack against Adelaide and got smacked, you'd be getting mauled now.

Take the 4 points with glee and let the SOBs say what they will, it was a great win.

Yeah seems to be the way.

I think most would agree that if we tried to play open footy today we might have had another thumping on our hands. You saw in the last quarter when it opened up Adelaide were the better side..

Just heard Freo beat North... bloody North lol can never pick them!!!

Im looking forward to the games tonight. (Btw, bad luck on your Hawks.. Melbourne seem to have found some form as of late)

camsmith

Juniors
I think i forgot to do my tips on the site aswell.

Anyway tonight ive gone Dogs over Sydney and Geelong over the Pies. Should be good games though.

Red Bear

Referee
camsmith said:
I think i forgot to do my tips on the site aswell.

Anyway tonight ive gone Dogs over Sydney and Geelong over the Pies. Should be good games though.
Bit of a sh*tter for you there mate, but with Richmond winning i doubt you would care. Sydney are playing some damn good football at the moment.