What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 8

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Hmmm,

there is talk on BF of Simmo being on 200k per year, pretty much what I thought he was on.

Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Based on that, my figures still stand and it totally changes your argument about which club ended up better off when we have Simmo on almost 1/3 of what Brad the coward wanted & Simmo is giving us more along with the fact we picked up Danny & Adam out of the deal, along with offloading Muppet Arms to St Kilda.

Especially given the strong rumour within Richmond circles is that Troy's contract is front-loaded.

Don't listen to the BF nonsense (its the Dice Man FFS, credibility too low for zero).

It was widely reported that he was receiving $300k+ a season when he originally signed with the Tigers.

I also think the Tigers are better off without Ottens, but please don't rewrite history regarding what Ottens wanted.

Wallace sat him down and told him that if he wanted to stay he could only do so on half his salary. You could well argue that was what he was worth, but I don't know of anybody who would hang around for half of what they're currently earning when they could get more than they're currently earning elsewhere.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Don't listen to the BF nonsense (its the Dice Man FFS, credibility too low for zero).

It was widely reported that he was receiving $300k+ a season when he originally signed with the Tigers.

I also think the Tigers are better off without Ottens, but please don't rewrite history regarding what Ottens wanted.

Wallace sat him down and told him that if he wanted to stay he could only do so on half his salary. You could well argue that was what he was worth, but I don't know of anybody who would hang around for half of what they're currently earning when they could get more than they're currently earning elsewhere.

"He's been maligned a bit because of that," said Richmond coach Terry Wallace, who arrived at the Tigers around the same time as Brad Ottens departed for Geelong. "People sat back and said, ‘How dare anyone get a five-year contract and it's a massive contract'.
Well, financially, it wasn't. It was exactly the same offering as we made to Brad. The money wasn't massive but we thought, ‘This bloke is going to commit himself to moving states', and the reality was if we'd signed him for two years, we'd now be renegotiating for another two or three years anyway

Ready to concede yet?

Otto is an over rated nice person. :) But Simmo is on almost a third of what he is ...

If they offered Brad as much as they are paying Simmo they offered too much.

How did the song go? Cammers would have heard this one on Saturday in the outer, "He's big, he's crap, he's taken all your cash ... Ottens... Ottens" :lol: Even the clubs coaching staff got a laugh out of that one at the after match ;-)