What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL VS NRL

Draginzaaar

Bench
Come on now, the AFL have their "International Rules", the RL World Cup with their cultural greetings has nothing on the showpiece of the AFL, Australia vs Ireland.

They play 2 games in a series and add up all the points in both games to determine the winner. That is just dumb.

Old Timer

Coach
They play 2 games in a series and add up all the points in both games to determine the winner. That is just dumb.
Do soccer not do that in some tournaments like world cup qualifying and then place added impetus on away goals.
That is a world wide sport so are they all dumb as well?

ouryear

Juniors
Agree, I was being sarcastic.

No point knocking another great Australian game, AFL obviously have Victoria, South Australia, West Australia, Tasmania and part of Brisbane all sewn up.

We have NSW and QLD.

And in both our markets, AFL and Soccer is coming to get us baby.

And why?

Because many league fans are sick of the rorting with clubs like Easts, Broncos and Storm given massive and favourable treatment.

Passionate fans Inc Saints, Rabbits, Eels, Tigers, Panthers and others are sick of the BS and favouritism.

Don't tell me the fall in league crowds versus AFL crowds is just the way it is.....unless their game IS BETTER...... hmmm?

ouryear

Juniors

Well.... the most popular sport in the world being soccer do exactly the same.

Home and away tie, if it's one game each, they add up the goals!!

Pretty much the same.

If it's good enough for the Earth's greatest game, it's good enough for me.

And we have golden point to decide a winner.... LOL it's a farce.

Yeah the point the trolls seem to miss is they are playing SOCCER all the time. Not some bastardised piece of shyte no one plays anywhere. :joy:

But by all means point out the competitions playing this bogus medley around the world. I'll wait with bated breath. :joy:

Gippsy

Bench
AFL is close to being a great game.

All they need to do is start the game at 100 all and play for 5 minutes!

Oh, and instead of getting a point for missing they should deduct a point!!

Redhoopz

Juniors
No point knocking another great Australian game, AFL obviously have Victoria, South Australia, West Australia, Tasmania and part of Brisbane all sewn up.

We have NSW and QLD.

And why?

Because many league fans are sick of the rorting with clubs like Easts, Broncos and Storm given massive and favourable treatment.

Passionate fans Inc Saints, Rabbits, Eels, Tigers, Panthers and others are sick of the BS and favouritism.

Don't tell me the fall in league crowds versus AFL crowds is just the way it is.....unless their game IS BETTER...... hmmm?

NRL is it's own worst enemy...

I've never watched a sport where people whinge about the refs more than the game itself. Every year they change the rules, which makes it hard to keep up with. There will always be mistakes but every week that's all they talk about.

On top of that, there's the fixtures. Again, they want to bring more fans into the games, yet don't make them accessible i.e. game against Sharks on a Thursday night....that pretty much rules out most families, especially with all the chaos on Sydney roads.

The only favorable treatment that irks me is Brisbane getting 90% of their games on Thursday and Friday nights - I know it's changed for 2018 but before that it was every week. Having to listen to Wally commentate for the broncos is torture!

Merchandise prices....$150 for a jersey is a joke. All jerseys should be $99 with kids being capped at $60....

I've never watched a sport where people whinge about the refs more than the game itself. Every year they change the rules, which makes it hard to keep up with. There will always be mistakes but every week that's all they talk about.

On top of that, there's the fixtures. Again, they want to bring more fans into the games, yet don't make them accessible i.e. game against Sharks on a Thursday night....that pretty much rules out most families, especially with all the chaos on Sydney roads.

The only favorable treatment that irks me is Brisbane getting 90% of their games on Thursday and Friday nights - I know it's changed for 2018 but before that it was every week. Having to listen to Wally commentate for the broncos is torture!

Merchandise prices....$150 for a jersey is a joke. All jerseys should be $99 with kids being capped at $60....
Most of that is spot on

KiamaSaint

Coach

We have NSW and QLD.

And why?

AFL can get farked.

ouryear

Juniors

Favourable treatment.

A. One club in a city as big as Brisbane lol.

B. 3 clubs in a state as big as QLD lol.

C. 7 day breaks between most games.

D. 3rd party payments not made transparent and not looked at.

And so on and so on.

The fans are fed up with the favouritism, crowd numbers have spiralled down to post apocolyptic numbers