What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFLBC

mongoose

Coach
appalling bias if true. How can a national broadcaster just ignore a sport that is the most watched and attended in the 1st and 3rd biggest states? A sport that's probably had more indigenous players than any other sport in this country including bullshit afl. Just seems like sour grapes really.

One might think contra and the ABC should not have anything to do with each other judging by the constituent documents that comprise the ABC's entire reason for existing? Apparently not with the likes of Big Nose steering the ship.

gUt

Coach
I get that this is a legitimate story but is there ANYTHING new in this, maybe just the releasing of the footage? Why is it being raked over again now?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-11/rugby-league-players-snorting-cocaine-caught-on-video/9638676

Video shows rugby league players Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor snorting cocaine

Get a load of this dickhead. He was the dealer on the night and thought the law treated him unfairly.

Under ACT law, the possession and supply of drugs such as cocaine is illegal, but using it is not an offence.

When police arrived, neither player was searched or arrested. Mr Crowther said the officers shook hands with the players and then left.

But Mr Crowther was taken to the city watch house.

He was charged with cocaine and MDMA possession. He was later convicted and fined $5250.

The players were suspended and fined by their clubs, but Mr Crowther said he did not think it was fair they walked free.

"I thought it was wrong," he said.

"I'm not making excuses for what I did but, you know, we should all be tarred with the same brush."

insert.pause

First Grade
I get that this is a legitimate story but is there ANYTHING new in this, maybe just the releasing of the footage? Why is it being raked over again now?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-11/rugby-league-players-snorting-cocaine-caught-on-video/9638676

Video shows rugby league players Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor snorting cocaine

Get a load of this dickhead. He was the dealer on the night and thought the law treated him unfairly.
Let's all feel sorry for the poor persecuted drug dealer....

Nealo 12

Bench
The ABC are finally being called out for their lefty bias , not only with this story but many other breaches of their so called impartiality .
Time for the broom to sweep the joint clean but we all know that won't happen.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The ABC are finally being called out for their lefty bias , not only with this story but many other breaches of their so called impartiality .
Time for the broom to sweep the joint clean but we all know that won't happen.

What gets me though is why is RL the enemy of the leftist media? It is more racially diverse than AFL, NRL (rightly or wrongly) took a 'yes' stance on gay marriage, we have a women's comp, women's national team and celebrates its Indigenous stars. Its not like the NRL is a conservative organisation that they can despise.

The AFL has a load or racial incidents against their indigenous players, who, ironically are the players that make up 99% of their racial diversity and had to buy women from other sports to cobble a women's comp together.

Which is more inclusive?

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
What gets me though is why is RL the enemy of the leftist media? It is more racially diverse than AFL, NRL (rightly or wrongly) took a 'yes' stance on gay marriage, we have a women's comp, women's national team and celebrates its Indigenous stars. Its not like the NRL is a conservative organisation that they can despise.

The AFL has a load or racial incidents against their indigenous players, who, ironically are the players that make up 99% of their racial diversity and had to buy women from other sports to cobble a women's comp together.

Which is more inclusive?

Not to mention RL's working class roots. But I don't think any of the above really factors. It's just the place is infected with Victorians.

That's it in a nutshell.

I doubt anyone could find a positive story on RL on 7:30 (or 7:30 Report previously) over the last 20 years. Compare that to the puff pieces pushed out about the AFL in that period. Laughable.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i have no idea why people even watch the ABC

it's a waste of taxpayers money and should be scrapped and the Government can sell off the FTA license which would be worth a heap seeing they won't allow any more FTA networks

whoever buys the FTA license doesn't have to call it the ABC or use any of their staff or studios

roofromoz

First Grade
i have no idea why people even watch the ABC

it's a waste of taxpayers money and should be scrapped and the Government can sell off the FTA license which would be worth a heap seeing they won't allow any more FTA networks

whoever buys the FTA license doesn't have to call it the ABC or use any of their staff or studios

There is some quality programming on the ABC, such as Mad As Hell and Utopia. And I'll admit that they are my preferred news source.

But I do agree with calls to at the very least privatise the ABC.

LESStar58

Referee

Maybe the ABC can track down the H dealer who sold his wares to Garry Ablett...