What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFLBC

j5o6hn

Juniors
I see on Twitter Gill baby has no problem paying women off in Sexual Harassment cases that was interesting it was an ABC grandstand tweet be a bit of ducking for cover soon

insert.pause

First Grade
I see on Twitter Gill baby has no problem paying women off in Sexual Harassment cases that was interesting it was an ABC grandstand tweet be a bit of ducking for cover soon
The story was "updated" to soften the language and change the headline, likely at the request of the AFL. Unbelievable.

Headline went from;
"AFL not against hush money for sexual harassment victims, says McLachlan"

To;
"AFL chief Gillon McLachlan defends league's handling of sexual harassment claims"

insert.pause

First Grade
Even looks like abc grandstand deleted their tweet of the original story, only to tweet the updated version with the softened headline. That's ridiculous.

taipan

Referee
Offsiders didn't even mention giligans comments.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it's obvious that the afl has silenced journalists from talking about it.

Missed Offsiders today, any NRL bagging by the usual suspects?
Such as the strip club?

Life's Good

Coach
Offsiders didn't even mention giligans comments.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it's obvious that the afl has silenced journalists from talking about it.
They’d claim no bias though because they mentioned the Kochie kerfuffle over Sam Pepper Spray. I laughed when Kellie Underarm spoke of ‘grey area’ over the comments made by Kochie. As if Josh Massoud would bite seeing he is a 7 employee.... And then it was done.

The story was "updated" to soften the language and change the headline, likely at the request of the AFL. Unbelievable.

Headline went from;
"AFL not against hush money for sexual harassment victims, says McLachlan"

To;
"AFL chief Gillon McLachlan defends league's handling of sexual harassment claims"
Never forget the fumbleball policy is. Broom, Sweep, Rug.

Pity more stories like this one below don't get featured by other part of the ABC. This is from the ABC news website -

Rugby league program getting fans with special needs and intellectual disabilities on field
By Jennifer Browning
Posted about 7 hours ago
Mon 30 Apr 2018, 6:21am

Weekend sport is something many kids and parents take for granted - but for some it has not always been possible.

But thanks to a special rugby league program for fans with special needs and intellectual disabilities, everyone has a chance to play.

"Try Time" is the brainchild of Western Sydney father Darren Deitz.

Mr Deitz co-created the program back in 2013 because his son Lachlan, who has autism, desperately wanted to play rugby league from an early age.

"He just kept asking us, when can I play, when can I play," Mr Deitz said.

"Then it was how old are you, how old are you, so one day I told him it was 13.

"So we didn't hear anything for six-and-a-half years until his 13th birthday when he walked downstairs dressed in his footy gear and said: I'm ready to play.

"We just had to find a way for him to do it.

"Try Time" attracted 17 recruits in its inaugural year. Six seasons on there are more than 150 players involved in New South Wales and Queensland.

"I think we all do, it's a great day out for the families, a networking opportunity, raising kids with special needs can be challenging at times."

The program is run by volunteers and is a labour of love for parents to see the kids playing the sport they love.

Lachlan Deitz, now 19, can not take the smile off his face when dressed in his rugby league gear.

"I have a lot of love for my mother and father, what they did for me and the players is truly wonderful," he said.

Photo: Players from the program greeting the NRL stars as they walk on the ground (ABC News: Jennifer Browning)

The Wentworthville Magpies "Try Time" teams had the chance to run out on Sydney's Olympic Stadium yesterday ahead of the Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers NRL match.

It was a moment Darren Deitz could never have dreamed up a decade ago.

"Today is a special day," he said. "The boys to get to run out ahead of a Parramatta game, on this field, it's a very special moment."

The Eels and Panthers are the first NRL clubs to get behind the concept, and it is hoped one day the program will be available across Australia.

"These kids couldn't hold a football before and now they're playing rugby league, it's just wonderful to see."