What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aitken

troy

Juniors
From what i saw of him last yr - he looks great .. and yes i only saw two games but still ... he reminds me a bit like Stephen Larkim (is that how u spell it) the way he moves and passes .. he just looks special and with ET doing some work with the backs (who is a big fan of Aitkens) who knows.. we need a young bloke to step up and with 5/8 being a little bit of an issue .. he just might be the one .. ill make the call , Aitken to be a revalation this year .

Anyone got more info on the kid for me ?

cheese

Bench
I'll pay the larkim likeness ........dave simmons is a little larkimesque too. They're both gliders.

I remember peach saying something in a midyear interview(just befrore the hammy) like, "i cant wait to play with him, he's got the most freakish ball skills ive ever seen". Thats a huge wrap comin from the peach. Aslong as cheap merkins like morley dont use him for target practice, i reckon he'll have a good year.

Jimbo

Immortal
I've got high hopes for the lad. Was he the one who scored a hat-trick in every game but one in Harold Matthews a few years back?

troy

Juniors
he does glide doesn't he . and his hands look super sort like the Peach - i gotta feeling about this kid. yeh does anyone have more info ?

i didn't know Peachy said that .... Well Peach and ET have said things - say no more..

Nulla_Fan

Juniors
I dun think the 5/8 postion is that much of a problem at the moment wit bird playin there at the moment but who knows

Jimbo

Immortal
Nulla_Fan said:
I dun think the 5/8 postion is that much of a problem at the moment wit bird playin there

Uh oh...

Go easy SS, it's only his second post!!

:shock:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Jimbo said:
I've got high hopes for the lad. Was he the one who scored a hat-trick in every game but one in Harold Matthews a few years back?

Yeah, and the exception was when he scored a double and got injured before fulltime.

troy

Juniors
injury prone - yeh looks that way .... gym work son - get strong !

but if you have been watching him for so long then whats your call on him ... we need a kid to come through and step up and what a chance to play 4 or 5 years along side Kimmorley.. who right now is the best half back in the world ..

big year for us boys - i tell ya its all going to fall into place , and right when i finally got my upper E.T season tickets too ....

ali

Bench
The kid is special, has so much time with the ball in his hands. I've seen him play against the England under 16's for our Matthews (where he only scored once), and then a few times in Flegg last year and a couple of reggies games. The thing is he's not just a try scorer, which is what i expected when I first went to watch him play in 2001. His kicking game has the full repertoir, and he has great hands.

He is rep football material BUT as has been mentioned, he has had 2 very injury prone years. He had a should problem in 2002 and then last year had a foot problem silimlar to Mark Gasniers and missed about 2 or 3 months of footy. When he came back he spent about 3 weeks in reserves and then he was thrown into first grade. Then as you all saw he tore his hammy badly and missed the last 4 or 5 rounds.

So I think he can make it, but in the back of my mind I am worried that injuries could ruin his career. I wonder actually why he was left out of the sevens? Has he picked up another injury in pre season, or does Raper rate him so highly he didn't want to risk him? I'm sure its not option 3, that he wasn't good enough.

I also think Simmons could be close to as good. Considering Simmo has only been playing for a few years I think he has so much potential to get better. Mates who saw him play soccer before he took up footy, rate him as the best junior soccer player they've ever seen, so there's no doubt he's blessed with great natural ability.

Latest posts