What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aitken

Anonymous

Juniors
garbs, whats the deal. you spoke to simmons. Is russ pretty much a shoe in for 1st crack?

Wouldn't have a clue, Simmo wasn't privvy to what was going on in Raper's head. He could only tell me what he thought of his own chances, which he thinks are second in line for fullback spot.

Back to Russ Aitken though... I'm fairly confident we'll see him in first grade. Just a hunch.

cheese

Bench
sullivan can only pass strongly one way though, he loops them when throwing to his bad side. He could also get a job down at woolies as a turnstile

I'd have him coming off the bench as a utility back though. His running game is up there with the best of 'em

ali

Bench
El Garbo said:
Back to the Sharks, I am expecting a huge season from Sullivan.

If and when he manages to force his way into first grade, which will only happen if he tightens up his kicking and passing games and Russ Aitken gets injured, then he might have a huge season.

I expect he'll do well in Premier League though.

Gotta agree. I don't think Sullivan's passing or kicking game is of first grade standard. He's pretty decent attacking the line, and if in first grade I'd have him coming off the bench. If Aitken isn't 5/8, then I'd go for Bird and probably even Dallalana ahead of Sullivan.

Macca

Coach
I see. So Redback, you and Reefy must be great mates then. Looking forward to this year then, as I am a positive thinker myself.

Sharkie73

Bench
Can anyone tell me what games Aitken played in last year??? I might sit down and watch a couple.

cheese

Bench
he playeds in the last 10 or so minutes in the tigers game ........the away one played at leichardt .........I remember him nearly putting that hack, ando jr, over for a try in the corner with only his second touch of the ball.

and he played in the 1st 15 or so minutes against the warriors, played at home. thats when his season ended

ali

Bench
cheese said:
he playeds in the last 10 or so minutes in the tigers game ........the away one played at leichardt .........I remember him nearly putting that hack, ando jr, over for a try in the corner with only his second touch of the ball.

and he played in the 1st 15 or so minutes against the warriors, played at home. thats when his season ended

Yeah I think his first touch in one of those games was a nice take of a ball directed at his ankles. Laid on a nice try against the Warriors before pulling him hammy in the second half. Overall didn't get much ball and didn't get to use his very tricky kicking game.