What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AJ is a big loss

rabbitohs95

Bench
Let's not rule him out yet.

But funny how so many people (the obvious ones too) were blowing up on here saying he'd never be a good fullback lol.

He's definitely proving them wrong this year.

Go Bunnies

Juniors

But funny how so many people (the obvious ones too) were blowing up on here saying he'd never be a good fullback lol.

Yes scored more tries as a fullback than any other fullback in the comp and up there with tries scored with the full time wingers.

themacemaceman

Juniors
It's been a long apprenticeship for AJ but tonight I think it finally clicked for him.
Offensively this was his best game at fullback I can remember.
With his speed he has a few tries in him if he just supports the ball runners (Max Merritt style ). He seems to have finally worked this out.

southsport

First Grade

Hasn't AJ's form improved since he got his contract negotiations sorted.

Pommy

Coach

Well let's be honest he was f**king garbage at the start of the year.

I have been on shift recently so I haven't seen much of his return to the position but you can hardly blame people for writing him off in the position after his performances.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I
Well let's be honest he was f**king garbage at the start of the year.

I have been on shift recently so I haven't seen much of his return to the position but you can hardly blame people for writing him off in the position after his performances.
Saying he was garbage is such a gross overreaction.

He was solid and still finding the groove of NRL standard fullback play, not to mention the team he had around him then wasnt the best either.

I'd go as far to say as he's one of the reasons why weve won the last 3 games. He's had a hand in the majority of tries we've laid on.

Hope he continues it into next season.

Travitoh

First Grade
Funny about the Cook haters too......

He's sure proving them wrong.......

The jury is still out on Cook for me. It's great that he is playing good footy in the final rounds again but i, like many others, would like to see it from him while the season is still alive.
I need him to slow down over the next two weeks though because if Farah goes, he'll be my 9 in Supercoach next season and i don't want to spend too much on him lol.

Pommy

Coach
I

Saying he was garbage is such a gross overreaction.

He was solid and still finding the groove of NRL standard fullback play, not to mention the team he had around him then wasnt the best either.

I'd go as far to say as he's one of the reasons why weve won the last 3 games. He's had a hand in the majority of tries we've laid on.

Hope he continues it into next season.

He was dire that's why he ended up back on the wing. I don't think it's an over reaction at all.
As I said I haven't seen any of the recent games so I will take your word for it.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
He was dire that's why he ended up back on the wing. I don't think it's an over reaction at all.
As I said I haven't seen any of the recent games so I will take your word for it.
Cody did no better back there. It was pretty hard being fullback behind a weakened forward pack with the twins very mediocre and playing well beneath their huge pay packets and dropping the ball in crucial moments.
It was also an inexperienced backline.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The jury is still out on Cook for me. It's great that he is playing good footy in the final rounds again but i, like many others, would like to see it from him while the season is still alive.
I need him to slow down over the next two weeks though because if Farah goes, he'll be my 9 in Supercoach next season and i don't want to spend too much on him lol.
He didn't get the chance when the season was alive....

Hence his confidence wasn't good....

Have faith, Cook is the man....

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. We all were. Still a long way to go for him but promising signs so far.

Pommy

Coach
I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. We all were. Still a long way to go for him but promising signs so far.

And I am not the type of poster who won't give the credit if it's due.
From the radio it does sound like a total change around. Then again there's no pressure now we have nothing to play for, 2016 all over again.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
AJ was best on field last night. I don't think anybody thought AJ would love improved as much as he has. I definitely knew he was better than what he was showing at the start of the year but I did not expect him to be in the top 5 fullbacks in the competition. He is absolutely killing it. Him and cook have a much better connection than Cody and Farah. I would love to see Souths persist with this same spine in 2018.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I didn't think he was that great last night. Cook didn't seem to run as much and there were a few dodgy passes, one in particular to Goodwin right on the try line. ( although the warriors were never on side)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I didn't think he was that great last night. Cook didn't seem to run as much and there were a few dodgy passes, one in particular to Goodwin right on the try line. ( although the warriors were never on side)
Cook was very very good......

Cook made 10 for 114m and 4 tackle breaks....

I can handle the error or 2 he brings for what he brings with his energy and speed.....

doyen

Bench

I can handle the error or 2 he brings for what he brings with his energy and speed.....

It doesn't matter one iota what players from the season's "dud" sides do at this late stage. Some players love this pointless stage of the season & the opportunity to take advantage!!
We thrashed the Dogs & the Dogs come out & mauled Manly--it's typical. It makes sense.
I don't give any credibility to failed sides who try & chase the horse after it's bolted into the distance!!

themacemaceman

Juniors

I'll take your word on it R20.
To be honest I didn't get to concentrate to much on the game as I had my neighbour round to watch the game and the kids were having their own game in the lounge room!