What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm Bells!!!!!!!!!!!

melon....

Coach
legend said:
What I can't cop is the holier than thou attitude of the Roosters when they are affected by having to release a few players but where were they when Canberra, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Dragons and Eels were losing players hand over foot?
Looking after our own club. I suggest you look after yours.

They stood silent as cowards in the hope they would be the beneficiary of the culling other clubs had to do to play within the rules and if you go back a few years, the Roosters have been major beneficiaries, hence the transit lounge tag. Andrew Walker, David Barnhill and Scott Gourley from the Dragons, Fittler from the Panthers and you know the rest. Only now, that the Roosters have bought themsleves a premiership contending side do they decide to challenge the legality of the salary cap in the hope they can still field a side woth 5 million under a 3.75 million dollar salary cap. Scumbags of the highest order without peer and a morally bankrupt organisation who have no place in the NRL.

Says you....Id like to see your FACTS that have the team valued at $5million.......Oh you dont have proof.sorry..........NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

t-ba

Post Whore
We'll see how valuable the team is on the open market if the Roosters salary cap is challenged (You don't think Butterfield wouldn't be enough of a D*Ckhead to challenge the validity of contracts under an illegal system? Think again...)

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
We'll see how valuable the team is on the open market if the Roosters salary cap is challenged (You don't think Butterfield wouldn't be enough of a D*Ckhead to challenge the validity of contracts under an illegal system? Think again...)
What Butterfield got to do with the arguement? Oh I see you cant win it unless you change the course.....NEXT!!!!

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not part of the Main Argument.

Butterfield has alot to do with it. If the Roosters succesfully challenge the Salary cap, He can challenge the validity of EVERY NRL contract.

tigermite

Juniors
melon.... said:
Says you....Id like to see your FACTS that have the team valued at $5million.......Oh you dont have proof.sorry..........NEXT!!!!!!!!!!
Well, where are your facts that this will be settled out of court and that the deal is almost done?? C'mon, you can't seriously believe that anyone in here is taking you seriously?? :roll:

melon....

Coach
tigermite said:
melon.... said:
Well, where are your facts that this will be settled out of court and that the deal is almost done?? C'mon, you can't seriously believe that anyone in here is taking you seriously?? :roll:
I'm waiting for the $5million explanation.....NEXT!!!!!!!

antonius

Coach
melon.... said:
Attention all Personel!!!!! Incoming wounded!!!

Mr NRL!!! Please do something to stop our league players jumping over to Union!! For the good of our code, please stop the oncoming defections to the evil and boring code!!!

The rot has already started Mr. NRL!!! Please do something to stop it from taking over!!! I believe one club has a proposal that may assist in your endeavours to keep player talent in our game!!!

With so many poorly managed clubs being allowed to provide no viable future for so many talented players, these players being forced to leave their exixting successful and viable clubs means the only choice to secure their futures is to jump over the enemy lines!!

Its up to you Mr. NRL, please do something minor, that will have a major positve benefit to Rugby League. Mr. NRL, please listen and discuss what your commrades from Bondi have to say.....keep our stars away from Yawnion!!!

Another smokescreen Melon, It's laughable that you can cling to all these little diversions to justify what your teams doing, It's got stuff all to do with who goes to union, what it has got to do with, is your team wanting to change the rules everyone else is happy to abide by for the next couple of years, just to suit your sides present situation. I'll say it again, everyone has known that the cap is challengable in court, but even the Dogs didn't test that when they lost their points last year, what does that make your team?? Reading some of the threads on this in here, it's pretty obvious even your own fans are embarased by it, and so they should be. If your so proud of the stance your clubs taking ("for the good of the game") why is it reported that the Roosters are disapointed this has been released to the media??? Was it supposed to be another backdoor deal?? Sorry Melon, put all the diversions you want up, the bottom line is still this, your lot is carrying on like the boy who took his bat and ball home, because he couldn't get his own way..

tigermite

Juniors
melon.... said:
tigermite said:
melon.... said:
I'm waiting for the $5million explanation.....NEXT!!!!!!!
Nice try of avoiding it, but while you are waiting, answer my question.

sretsoor

Juniors
Realistically the current system of voting for an increase will always fail. It will forever lose. Whether it is next year or 10 years from now.

The NRL should have the balls to make the decision.

Why? Put simply, why would any club want to pay anymore than they have to. You're asking a group of representitives to agree to increase their yearly expenses making balancing the books a little harder and requirig a change, the first in 6 years..

I'll bet all 15 CEO's wages in the last 5 years have gone up but not their players.

The Roosters are going to force the NRL to make the decision. Why, because they are in a position to take on NRL/News Ltd. A lot of clubs arent.

As for the Dogs, behind closed doors they'd be happy. In fact in a couple of years it would be them. At present they dont want to further upset anyone whilst they re-build their public image, if last year hadnt happened to them I'm sure they'd be standing beside us right now. Im sure a few other teams are hoping the NRL makes the decision.

It just seems odd that everyone is crying blue murder at the Roosters yet most teams exceed the salary cap now. (Telegraph reported 12 teams fined). So obviously they have the money. They just dont want an official increase.

Anyhow, read what you want.

woodgers

Bench
Not long now mate, and it will be all over and back to enjoying the footy.

What do you mean? It will be a 2 or 3 horse race, who is going to enjoy that rubbish.

The Roosters are going to force the NRL to make the decision. Why, because they are in a position to take on NRL/News Ltd. A lot of clubs arent.

By other clubs can't, I assume you are talking about the cost of it all. If they can't afford the cost, how will they be able to compete with the rich clubs for players.

sretsoor

Juniors
We're talking of an increase from 3.25 mil to 3.5 mil. Last year Gallup was interviewed and he said HIMSELF hes was looking at a $4 mil cap by 2005.

We've asked for $3.5. If a small increase this size is enough to make the whole NRL collpase like everyone is claiming then the game of league in a lot weaker position than what the NRL keep saying.

The salary cap was put in place to reign in over-inflated player salaries caused by Stupid League.

If a club wants to keep an international who wants more money then they are getting, the club has to make the decision to either pay the guy more and cut someone else, or to let the international go to a team that can afford and wants to pay the salary the player wants.

That's what the salary cap is supposed to do. Even out the competition.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Melon as usual, you try and put your own spin on News Re the Roosters.

Face the facts ..

The Roosters want every player they can get there smelly fingers on.

The response from Brian Cavanagh is laughable, and it looks like the management has started to cry.

Facts are Melon, the Roosters go and Raid the Cream of the Crop from club Juniors. Then they say they came thru our junior program LOL.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wing come on the market, The Roosters Got him.

They did Funny bussiness with Freddy, Walker and Hodges.. And not forgetting Hopas Brother and the Reserve grade 5/8 that was STOLEN fron the Warriors at the sevens this year..

Stop using the Union as a Scapegoat you Tool.

budz

Juniors
Why is it that i didnt hear any Roosters fans asking for there to be a rise in the salary cap about 2 or 3 years ago when the NSW Origin team was made out of mainly Knights and Eels players??

The fact of the matter is increasing the salary cap is going to advantage the few rich teams while hugely disadvantaging the poorer teams.

Nook

Bench
melon.... said:
Because we lost a very promising junior from Waverly High School..Henari Veratau to the Brumbies

You seem to be keen on minor details, Melon, so here are a few for you.

Veratau went to Scots.
Veratau was a convert from Union to League - he had played Union all his life before signing up with the Roosters whilst still in school. Obviously dissapointing to lose a talent such as his, but the League World will survive. The fact that the Brumbies signed him speaks volumes for the depth of Union compared to League.

Perhaps if the Roosters stopped relying on local Private Schools to develop 'their' junior talent, they wouldn't have the problem of these pplayers switching over (back) to the code most of them grew up with. Ryan Cross, anyone?

Latest posts