What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Johnston!!

mickeylane

Bench
Johnstone wants fullback money, that's why he would move. We don't want a winger on fullback money. A two year deal with an option in the clubs favour at max 500k.
why would u sign a 24yo on a 2 year contract? its madness - u would land Johnstone for $550K max

possm

Coach
why would u sign a 24yo on a 2 year contract? its madness - u would land Johnstone for $550K max
Hey Mickylane, I don't rate Johnston as a fullback and I doubt we want to spend that sort of money on a winger. What makes anyone think that South's won't keep him as a winger?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Like I said in the other Alex Johnston thread - massive downgrade.

Like I said in any other Lurker referenced thread - Lurker is full of shit.

Has a spot sewn up on the wing at Souths. He won't be going anywhere to play wing. If you sign him it will be on spine money with the aim for him to be the full time fullback.

That is why he wants to leave Souths, we gave him a trial at the back and he hasn't kicked on. We see him as a winger only.

Thats what you guys were saying about Mciness - Johnston is a gun attacking machine - running off Hunt and Widdop he will be NRL top try scorer in 2018!

For the record I've always liked McInnes and see him as a future NSW Origin hooker. I was filthy when we swapped him out for Farah.

barry

Juniors
If we were to sign Johnston it would be to play wing, maybe to take over from Nightingale?

There is no way we would sign him to play fullback, if Dugans not our fullback it will be Field

mickeylane

Bench
Hey Mickylane, I don't rate Johnston as a fullback and I doubt we want to spend that sort of money on a winger. What makes anyone think that South's won't keep him as a winger?
because he wants to play FB...also BMoz left Dragons because he wanted to play FB..
U have to ask yourself - Dugan leaves who plays FB - Mann is not a FB IMO , Field is still not ready IMO, Forget Nightingale - Barba would be great but is a hard one..Johnston is a try scoring machine..

Coffs dragon

Bench
So now we have the rumour of a winger that wants to play fullback (in Johnston) to replace a fullback whom the club Recruitment Director claims is a centre (in Dugan) And yet earlier in the season, Millward claimed a five eight will be our future Fullback.(in Jai Field) F.ck I'm confused let alone the whiteboard crisscross of planning

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Johnston is not a fullback.

I don't care how young he is or if he has room to develop, everything about his game suggests that he's a winger and that's it. He's too much of a liability in defence and we will have the same issue with Dugan with the whole not being able to pass thing.
I'm sick of wingers getting greedy and trying to be something they're not.

It would be a HUGE mistake to sign him to play fullback.

blacksafake

First Grade
So now we have the rumour of a winger that wants to play fullback (in Johnston) to replace a fullback whom the club Recruitment Director claims is a centre (in Dugan) And yet earlier in the season, Millward claimed a five eight will be our future Fullback.(in Jai Field) F.ck I'm confused let alone the whiteboard crisscross of planning
Me too CD.
To steal a line from Possm "millwards mess".:money_mouth: