Alex Johnston!!

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by West coast dragon, May 15, 2017.

1. st.phil

st.phil Juniors

sign him up - has speed and can score a try. Think vaughn / mcinnis redemption level - would thrive in the V. Wing best position

giboz71, Minh and mickeylane like this.
  2. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

We have no need for Alex Johnson. He is just an average winger and a weak fullback who wants to be overpaid.

Nathan Ross from Newcastle is asking for a contract upgrade, he is currently on 150K a season. I actually said that we should have signed him last year. After finding out that he re signed with Newy for 150K a season, then we definitely should have signed him. I would be totally wrapped if we signed Ross as one of our wingers for next year. A pair of Ross and McDonald on the wings would do me fine. I would take Ross over Johnston any day of the week and we could probably get him cheaper than Johnston too.

blacksafake likes this.
  3. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Wow that Alex Johnston has speed speed speed .just like Jai field and matthew dufty and some of the other juniors we have on our books we should look within .if only we had a coach with vision.

4. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

My mail this morning is he's pretty close to signing with the tigers.The other piece of info are Inglis will be asking for a release to go to the broncos,Gagai is a done deal & they are chasing a back(most likely Mitchell).

5. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

I would happily get rid of or swap Nene for Ross.

hazzbeen likes this.
  6. barry

barry Juniors

No way, Nene's been good, besides a few defensive lapses down that side he has been brilliant.

It doesnt help that Mccrone has the worst kicking game in the comp. If bombs are accurate to his wing he would of scored alot more tries.

Theres alot of upside to Nene, Ben Hunt will be very good for him.

dragonssamy61, botlite and Minh like this.
  7. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Juniors

Thinking the same Ross for Nene for me yes ....

8. Minh

Minh First Grade

Nene's actually been pretty good in recent games....very fast for a big man and he's good at carrying the ball out of our own half, he's beginning to make an impact......

9. barry

barry Juniors

Can i ask why you guys would want Ross for Nene?

If you get a chance, watch how many poor defensive read's Ross has made, his let in a ton of tries!

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  10. st.phil

st.phil Juniors

Ross is turning 28 and just got dropped for Newy. Yeah he's ok but anyone wanting late 20's journeyman Ross (as decent as he is) over Johnston (23, athletic, already repd for Australia) wants their head checked

11. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

Barry
    I have seen nothing from Nene that even remotely gets near the hype that surrounded his signing and we won 6 of our first 7.
    He does a bit of hit up work for the forwards and that's about it IMO.
    Predicted him to be a dud and IMO he has lived up to it yet some people here were likening him to Rapana, Oates, Radradra and co.
    Yet to see him make a proper break or run down an opposition player who made a long break.
    Blame Mc Crone all you like for his kicking game but does that mean Nene can only catch and fall over the line to score as I thought wingers had to do other things?

12. mickeylane

mickeylane Juniors

Ross is a $150K a year winger - he is so average and low its not funny -- you guys are so delusional - Johnstone is a gun and a proven try scorer..compared to Ross its like comparing a porsche to a mini !! seriously

13. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

And Nene hasn't let in a truckload and has scored very few?
    Ross is way better than what Nene has trotted out for us so far.

14. saints4ever

saints4ever Bench

Whos they?

15. Belta

Belta Juniors

My advice to Nene; "mark your f&@king winger" ... Has been mostly good otherwise, not great but good

j0nesy and possm like this.
  16. possm

possm First Grade

Mary's instruction to Nene, follow you centre when he moves up in defence.
    Mary's instruction to Aitken, run up and cut off the defence.

Mary's rule to the team, follow my instructions or you will play for Illawarra.

17. Lethal25

Lethal25 Juniors

OT, think you may be a little harsh on Nene. He's been pretty reasonable without being outstanding IMO, not quite in the dud category.

The try he scored against the Roosters was better than average, in saying that comparisons to Rapana, Radradra and the like are ill conceived

dragonssamy61 and j0nesy like this.
  18. mickeylane

mickeylane Juniors

I cant see him going to Tigers as they have agreed w Lolohea for next year whois trying to get a release now but Warriors saying no..
    Tigers have also got solid wingers so won't be playing wing...cant see it..rumours are very strong that if Dugan goes or when he goes Dragons will go in for him....

19. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Souths

20. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Yea it's all he said she said kinda stuff i know, but i'm just passing on some info.This source has been pretty good over the years.