What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Kangaroos - $50 million match

StadiumXIII

Juniors
So does anyone think this will happen in the next 5 to 10 years. Surely there must be a case if the Kangaroos take out this RLWC and the All Blacks take the 2019 RUWC then this match should take place in 2020.. Whether it be in Japan, South Africa.. maybe the US.. At the end of the day RL benefits greatly we get a bit of money and exposure.. RU get a bit of money and will have eyes on some possible converts. This should be a no brainer forget the war or words and bring the two on the field to see who is the best of the best. The winner can go on and possibly play an NFL All Stars!! cross code match.. maybe 2026..

latingringo101

Juniors
If this was to occur both teams would have to be paid 5 times the amount to participate.

It took years and a lot of hard work to get McGregor into the boxing ring ($300 million I believe) so the NRL would have to at least get 100 million or more to even think about letting NRL stars participate

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So does anyone think this will happen in the next 5 to 10 years. Surely there must be a case if the Kangaroos take out this RLWC and the All Blacks take the 2019 RUWC then this match should take place in 2020.. Whether it be in Japan, South Africa.. maybe the US.. At the end of the day RL benefits greatly we get a bit of money and exposure.. RU get a bit of money and will have eyes on some possible converts. This should be a no brainer forget the war or words and bring the two on the field to see who is the best of the best. The winner can go on and possibly play an NFL All Stars!! cross code match.. maybe 2026..

The main reason I don't want this to proceed is because we are fighting an uphill battle for Sports Accord recognition at the moment. This does not help us prove that the Kangaroos play a different sport to the All Blacks

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
A hybrid match could be good if it was played under decent rules. The proposed rules by this Hybrid Rugby group a just shit....

Use the Northern Union rules from 1906, it perfectly meets in the middle:
- Stand on the line-of-scrimage
- unlimited tackle
- no contest in the ruck (so players dont get killed and the crowd doesnt get bored)
- scoring whatever you.

Having said that, it think RL benefits far more from a merged game with American/Canadian Football (Use the 9s as a starting point and add a few rules for the Americans)

- No forward passes
- Shortened distance for the defence to retreat
- Something similar to 1st-and-10, but only allowing 1 or 2 restarted sets before they are forced to hand over.

Obviously the NFL would have zero interest, but we might get some Colleges willing to join in. This kind of association would be far more valuable than rejoining the RahRah wankers.

taste2taste

Juniors
I this game happens im putting my money on the Roos by 30+
What do i base this on ?
If very average league players can waltz into the wallabies side (Cross, Vuna, Rona, Nabuli, Korbaete, Barnes) imagine what an entire team of elite league players could do ? :D