What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Wallabies - Bledisloe Cup

shiznit

Coach
Still don't know what Mitchell was sin binned in the first place. The refs have killed the tri nations so far, I've never seen so many yellow cards given out, we have had one each match so far.

Apart from the ref, we were sh*t in attack. Forwards kept stuffing up the attack by taking the hitup instead of offloading when we might have looked dangerous. Robinson was shocking around the field, Elsom not much better. His turn over in the 70th minute is exactly what I'm talking about.

for sure... i couldn't see anything either.... but having said that once he was given his first yellow he should have pulled his head in.

thankfully they couldn't confirm Whitelock's number... if he was given a yellow for that tackle it would have been the worst of all.

It was the right decision... The ref stopped the game and told both teams the next player to slow play by throwing the ball away would be binned... Mitchell did it.. therefor he gets binned... since it was his second bin its an automatic red card... the right call.

The ref showed guts to go through with it, when the consequence of the yellow would be a red card. Wouldn't happen in NRL - the refs are more like " I'm warning you, do it again and I'll, I'll .... give you another warning".

shiznit

Coach
The ref showed guts to go through with it, when the consequence of the yellow would be a red card. Wouldn't happen in NRL - the refs are more like " I'm warning you, do it again and I'll, I'll .... give you another warning".
i think that says more about how gutless the NRL refs are...

you cant argue with what the ref did there... he gave both sides a warning... so Australia can have no complaints.

Parra

Referee
Pocock was great. As we knew he would be.

Joubert was an idiot, as we knew he would be.

Mitchells red card was a joke.

AB's gave us a right flogging. And we deserved it. Piss weak forwards.

shiznit

Coach
Pocock was great. As we knew he would be.

Joubert was an idiot, as we knew he would be.

AB's gave us a right flogging. And we deserved it. Piss weak forwards.

LMFAO... are you serious??

how the f**k can you watch a game of Rugby and not figure that one out...

it was not worth a straight red.... but it was WELL WORTHY of a yellow card.

it just happened to be his 2nd yellow....

what was Joubert supposed to do?? was he supposed to think.... "ohhh i better not give Mitchell a yellow card... even though i warned BOTH CAPTAINS that they would be getting a yellow for that offence... yes.... Mitchell's earlier yellow card offence for dirty play makes him exempt from the rules!!"

yeah i like that logic...:roll:

Last edited:
LMFAO... are you serious??

how the f**k can you watch a game of Rugby and not figure that one out...

it was not worth a straight red.... but it was WELL WORTHY of a yellow card.

it just happened to be his 2nd yellow....

what was Joubert supposed to do?? was he supposed to think.... "ohhh i better not give Mitchell a yellow card... even though i warned BOTH CAPTAINS that they would be getting a yellow for that offence... yes.... Mitchell's earlier yellow card offence for dirty play makes him exempt from the rules!!"

yeah i like that logic...:roll:

That logic is precisely what would happen in the NRL :lol:

Just got back from the game...some good running rugby from both sides.

Here's my two cents...Franks did not deserve the yellow card in the first half..obviously a hard tackle is not allowed in this game.

Mitchell was unlucky for Oz..simply because of the second yellow card was he sent off.

James O'Connor...how long do you perservere with a guy who is not going to get any bigger physically. He was a passenger tonight and is overhyped IMO.

McCaw, Kaino and Jane were the best for the AB's.

Next week...AB's by 18.

Te Kaha

First Grade

It wasn't worth a second yellow.
Both captains were warned that the next player to do it would be binned... he lived by that decision... its not jourbets fault Mitchell is a moron... ANYBODY who argues that the send off was unjustified is an idiot.

aussies1st

Staff member
I wonder if Mitchell even knew about it, he was off the field when the warning was given. It was stupid by him none the less. Usually after halftime the refs forget what they said in the 1st half or start a fresh and given them another warning, really goes to show how yellow card happy these refs are. And it was lucky the ref couldn't get the number in that tackle, that would have been another disgrace of a yellow card.

Parra

Referee
Anyone who thinks players should be sent off for that, in any sport, is an idiot.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Anyone who thinks players should be sent off for that, in any sport, is an idiot.

For f**ks sake... get a grip... he wasnt sent off for knocking the ball away he was sin binned for it... did you not see him give mitchell the yellow first??? he was red carded for recieving his second yellow card... as he should have been... the fact you are arguing over a correct decision shows you havent got a leg to stand on... it was Mitchells fault.. ALL mitchells fault and the ref got it 100% correct.

Thomas

First Grade
Mitchell was actually off the field when the ref warned the captains about slowing the game down. Elsom probably didn't pass the message on. Elsom got a lesson in ref manipulation from McCaw. You don't whine at the ref.

Good to see Woodcock pulled up on his tactic of putting his hand on the ground. He does it nearly every game and gets away with it. Australia have a lot of work to do.

Parra

Referee
Sin binning someone for knocking the ball away is a joke as well. It would have to be exceptional circumstances, and at that time and point of the game it was not exceptional at all.

The referees have other sanctions, choosing the yellow card as the first option is not helping the recent matches at all. Even the cards for tackles and shoulder charges are an over-reaction.

It isn't Jouberts fault that there is a ridiculous two yellow send off rule, but it is his fault that the cards are given out for such minor issues.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Mitchell was actually off the field when the ref warned the captains about slowing the game down. Elsom probably didn't pass the message on. Elsom got a lesson in ref manipulation from McCaw. You don't whine at the ref..
So mitchell sitting on a chair 20 metres from the ref missed the call?? he should have been paying attention, you would think all the trainers and supprt staff the wannabies have might have mentioned it to him as well.

Sin binning someone for knocking the ball away is a joke as well. It would have to be exceptional circumstances, and at that time and point of the game it was not exceptional at all.
Its slowing the game down.. it was happening far to much from both sides, he penalised both sides and marched them 10... he then got sick of it and gave both captains a clear and final warning.. next player to do that would get binned... Its not a refs fault a player is an idiot, or a captain is a dumbarse... your bleating about it is just sour grapes.

The referees have other sanctions, choosing the yellow card as the first option is not helping the recent matches at all. Even the cards for tackles and shoulder charges are an over-reaction.
The card for timewasting WASNT a first option... it was the 3rd.. and it is a referees directive that shoulder charges and dangerous takles are sin binning offences.. they are trying to stamp it out of the game.. as they should.

It isn't Jouberts fault that there is a ridiculous two yellow send off rule, but it is his fault that the cards are given out for such minor issues.
Oh boo hoo to you.... so how many times should a player be binned before sent off??? its a good rule... all the players know it... mitchell is just an idiot.

Parra

Referee
You are not going to convince me that soccer-like officiating has any merit at all.

Rugby has started to over-use cards - it is evident in the tri-nations and in the ITM cup matches.

You might like it, but I don't and I hear plenty of other people complain about too many cards. It can ruin a good match.

None of that takes away from Mitchell being an idiot. He certainly was last night.

Latest posts