What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Wallabies @ Eden Park

Pick the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Te Kaha

First Grade
That sums it up really.

Baxters problems were a figment of Jouberts imagination.

As far as calling diving in from the side 'counter rucking' - another Joubert classic. And then we get to his ridiculous ideas about what an advantage is.

But the All Blacks won the breakdown in the second half convincingly. That is where the result of the match came from.

What a load of crap.. Baxter has always tried to make up for his scrumaging problems by pulling in.. and he was clearly doing it... bloody sour grapes...

I notice you didnt mention his missing the huge forward pass in the lead up to the first try... or the offside he missed when donalds kick was charged down...

And the advantage ruls is a subjective one for each ref.. there is no set advantage time... in his view aussie got clean use of the ball.. thats advantage enough... he played it the same for both teams...

The wobbilies front row has for a long time been its fatal flaw,, while they have improved.. its still crap.

Meth

Staff member
I am not a Donald fan, and his game was far from impeccable, but he did a lot better tonight than I thought he would.

So'oialo and Kaino had great games.

Tough on the Aussies at the scrum, but at the same time all the ref needed to do was spot at Black jersey with the #7 on the back in the breakdown and he blew the pea out of the whistle.

Great test- great All Black win

shiznit

Coach
I am not a Donald fan, and his game was far from impeccable, but he did a lot better tonight than I thought he would.

So'oialo and Kaino had great games.

Tough on the Aussies at the scrum, but at the same time all the ref needed to do was spot at Black jersey with the #7 on the back in the breakdown and he blew the pea out of the whistle.

Great test- great All Black win
nah mate.. the ref was actually reffing correctly. Baxter couldn't handle Woodcocks power so he started slipping his bind and going in on an angle... which creates a leverage advantage for him. but of course its called boring in... and is illegal.

the only reason the aussies are upset is because the ref actually pulled them up on it. for some strange reason refs usually give them a bit of leeway... which is wrong because it doesn't let the dominant scrum gain the correct advantage at scrum time that they should.

it happened in the Rugby World Cup 1/4 final against england... Sheridan destroyed Baxter and he started reverting to his old tricks. and he was penalized even worse than tonight.

Parra

Referee
Woodcock did not even bind and Baxter was still penalised - with Woodcock's hand on the ground supporting him.

Only happened when the Wallabies were in an attacking position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Woodcock did not even bind and Baxter was still penalised - with Woodcock's hand on the ground supporting him.

Only happened when the Wallabies were in an attacking position.

That would be because woodcock would have been putting the preasure on an Aussie attacking scrum... as he is supposed and mearly holding the weight for an All Blacks scrum...

The reason Woodcock couldnt bind was Baxter lowering his shoulder.. he cheated... Joubert was correct.. baxter is the cheat.. not him.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
How about the time Woodcock 'bound' to the front neck area of Baxters jersey? And Baxter was penalised?

Each time woodcock failed was an Aussie feed in an attacking position and Joubert did not fail to invent a penalty. If nothing else, why would the Aussie scrum cheat at that moment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Te Kaha

First Grade
How about the time Woodcock 'bound' to the front neck area of Baxters jersey? And Baxter was penalised?

Each time woodcock failed was an Aussie feed in an attacking position and Joubert did not fail to invent a penalty. If nothing else, why would the Aussie scrum cheat at that moment?

I would stop calling him a cheat if i was you.. purely because its against forum rules and you will be banned... plus you are wrong

I have already said that he had to cheat because its woodcocks job to put the preasure on any Aussie feed... he did.. Baxter folded... he kept droping his shoulder and boring... thats what he kept getting pinged for.. if he was smarter .. or a better prop.. he would have stopped doing it...

its just sour grapes... and your conviction that the aussie front row isnt crap.. when they really still are...

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Stick the sour grapes, I've already indicated where I think the game was lost. It just wasn't in the scrum.

The only chance we had was from broken play - our backs dominated when they could.

When the chance came to do it from set plays the bloke with the one-sided arm stepped in to make sure that we never got the chance. It's against all the rules.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Stick the sour grapes, I've already indicated where I think the game was lost. It just wasn't in the scrum.

The only chance we had was from broken play - our backs dominated when they could.

When the chance came to do it from set plays the bloke with the one-sided arm stepped in to make sure that we never got the chance. It's against all the rules.

Exactly... thats why he kept gettig penalised... baxter kept breaking the rules... its as simple as that.

Garts

Bench
We shot ourself in the foot and should have scored 3 tries in the first half. Ref did not help in the 2nd half but we made so many stupid errors. Need the ELV's back in imo. I get so frustrated watching kick after kick of penalties, it is just destroys so many games.

African Monkey

First Grade
geeezzz... the wallabies pack were dissapointing. Baxter got found out again. he got out-muscled badly and started resorting to binding and boring in.... the ref caught onto it quickly and punished him big time.

Palu... what the bloody hell was he doing?? does he know how to tap the ball?? how stupid was that!!

McCaw & co were awesome at the breakdown... i really felt sorry for George Smith... he was the only bloke who stood up to the all black pack.

Donald... well... abit of a mixed game but you gotta give him credit... he steered us home in the end... well done son!!

weve got a heap of improving to do... but this is a good start
I would have to agree with that whole post.

The results don't really concern me tbh. It's all about developing the right combinations and building for 2011 and we will keep getting better.

Engine

Juniors
AB's have a lot better players than Australia. But, we sure as sh*t didn't help ourselves tonight.
f**k, I get pissed off when we kick for goal instead of going for the throat. We need to have that mentality to beat an AB side.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Two of Giteau's passes were questionably forward...

That seems to be the modern game, happens in League and now Union are allowing what they call "flat passes", which is basically a forward pass that they let go.

I thought it would be close and it was, the ABs finished better, although I didn't catch al the game. I was bar hopping and it wasn't on in every bar :D

Looking forward to the next one.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
the day the rugby board changes a penalty to 2 points the better..... no wonder both teams cant win world cups they god damn cant score trys

shiznit

Coach
the day the rugby board changes a penalty to 2 points the better..... no wonder both teams cant win world cups they god damn cant score trys
world cups are won by converting pressure into points in tries or penalties. exactly how this test panned out.

African Monkey

First Grade
How many tries did South Africa score in the 2007 WC final ? England scored 1 try in the 2003 QF, no tries in the SF and 1 try in the final yet they still won the WC so I don't know what you're getting at.

Garts

Bench
I think the rule should be changed so penalties are changed to 2 points. Might encourage more running rugby. If I wanted to watch kicking I would watch AFL.