What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Eels bosses have lost the plot like Ando keeping Robson halfback. How can these players concentrate on their game when they don't have a secure future with the club let alone they sign up Robson before Mateo or Inu who have been here longer. Maybe a couple of more match losses will force the club into real change.

dogs4life

Juniors
God I am so glad Greenburg is my CEO a guy with business skills and class I'm sorry but Osborne sounds like our old administration and we all know what happened there. So your playing sh1thouse so are we there is no need to air the dirty laundry if you know what I mean some things are best keep inhouse.

bartman

Immortal
Sure the boys arent performing, but this can really make things worse. This could create a divide in the squad.
I reckon the divide is already there... you can see it in how they just aren't playing for each other this season, after doing it so well late last year.
but i think Ozzie is telling a porkie if he thinks the contract negotiations are NOT a factor in the player's form.....look what the 3P vote did to on-field form last year
:lol: Puh-lease... I suspect it was more like "look what the end of months of electioneering disruptions finally did for our on-field form", not about who ended up winning the vote.

lucablight

First Grade
PARRAMATTA officials have been warned they risk losing off-contract stars Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu, Kris Keating and Eric Grothe if the club does not re-open negotiations.
Leading player agent David Riolo, whose company Titan Management represents Mateo, Inu and Keating, said he was unconcerned by Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne's decision to put all contract negotiations on hold following the team's poor start to the season.
Riolo said he had spoken to Osborne as recently as last week about the future of his clients and the Eels were aware of interest from other clubs, with the Warriors keen on Mateo and Inu and Keating linked to Canterbury and North Queensland.
''If they have to make a decision and Parramatta don't want to negotiate then it makes their decision a bit easier,'' Riolo said. ''I'm pretty sure that Feleti, Kris and Krisnan are going to be playing in the NRL somewhere next season so I'm not too worried.''
Riolo said as far as he was concerned nothing had changed at the Eels and he believed it was too early in the season for panic.
''I've spoken to Parramatta and they haven't told us that contract negotiations are on hold,'' Riolo said. ''I think it's a bit soon for anyone to be saying the Eels are in crisis.''
Despite the disappointing start to the season, Eels coach Daniel Anderson reacted to last weekend's 11-0 loss to Cronulla by retaining the same players in a 19-man squad for Monday night's clash with Canberra.
The only changes Anderson made was to recall goalkicking winger Luke Burt (knee) and back-rower Ben Smith (ankle) from injury, with Inu and Justin Horo moving onto a six-man bench. Nathan Cayless retains the captaincy and his place in the starting line-up at prop.
link: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-stars-with-no-deal-policy-20100406-rpim.html

Runaround Man

Juniors
oh, let me think, you are not meeting your expectations at work. behind budget, work skills seen lacking and you want a contract extension or a pay rise.

Amazing when you live in the real world, harden the fc#k up you bunch of pansies

Phil Gould once told the players at the Rorters, you complain about the job, try living at Penriff getting up at 4.30am, catching a freezing cold train to start work at 6.30...work your backside off for $700 per week, and get home after the kids have gone to bed. That's real work.

Hindy you are a legend, but go and tell the team we need some real passion, commitment, execution and intent, none of this ,,, oh I wish they hadn't.

Gee , makes you wonder sometimes

Delboy,

I think your post cuts through all the crap and gets to the heart of the matter......the players just don't get it.....they should be happy and appreciate what they are getting and just get on with playing footy....all too precious

Not trying to pick a fight here mate, but in your opinion, does this include wages? I would assume you would think that this part should remain private yes?

Of course. That's the personal stuff.

I was referring to the fact that Osbourne had suspended negotiations. If this has happened then I think we have a right to know as it is a business measure designed to increase the performance of the Club we invest heavily in.

Round?

Yay at last, after years of fruitlessly roaming internet forums I was about to give up :ls:

0055-HANDSOME, big fella. It's $4.99/minute.

IFR33K

Coach
Maybe the board should be coming out and telling Osbourne, and to a lesser extent DA, that if the teams doesnt improve, then they can look for employment elsewhere.

That fat nugget, would be willing to pull on a jersey again, to help out the eels. I also wonder if he would appreciate the board doing that.

Think about it guys, the team looks sloooow, lazy, and unfit. MAybe the coaching staff should be held accountable.

I know for a fact ozzie should be held accountable for the signing of Tahu, who has been out played by his opposition center week in week out.

And DA continuing to pick a team of nuffies and under achievers isnt helping the cause. Its obvious the team needs a few changes, but he aint willing to bite the bullet.

Like I said before, ceasing negotiations with these batch of players, is only going to create a bad vibe amongst the players. Dropping them to wenty would be a far be option!!!!!

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I noticed Riolo had a whinge in the tele this morning about Ossie's decision, what about the amout of times we've been screwed over by that prick and his mates by advising some of our finest juniors to sign else where??

no! f**k em! f**k em! f**k em!...we'll play hard ball this time, there's enough fg players around here and in the ESL to assemble a very competative side on the park if those off contract piss off, we need to make them realise that we should not be held to ransom while we're putting up with mediocre performance on the field.

Gronk

Staff member
I noticed Riolo had a whinge in the tele this morning about Ossie's decision, what about the amout of times we've been screwed over by that prick and his mates by advising some of our finest juniors to sign else where??

no! f**k em! f**k em! f**k em!...we'll play hard ball this time, there's enough fg players around here and in the ESL to assemble a very competative side on the park if those off contract piss off, we need to make them realise that we should not be held to ransom while we're putting up with mediocre performance on the field.

He did the same on the SMH as well. Sick of this merkin playing hard ball and making threats.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I said it when everyone was celebrating Tahu coming back. I was so happy when he left, most over rated player on the forum ever. I think he cost us the prelim in 2007 because of his own ego and persisted in trying to run around Falou. If only once he would have cut back inside, but I don't think he can do that.

True EEL

Bench
i think Riolo actually sounded worried and was trying to put on a good front and if they want big money elsewhere then their hearts are no longer in at parra, so basically there is the door boys.....

True EEL

Bench
re: Riolo.......seriously with his quote......i think Feleti, Kris and Krisnan will be playing somwhere in the NRL next year, so i'm not too worried......
dude, way to sound confident and assured of them...ding, ding, we have a winner.....please.....

TheRam

Coach

I agree Stagger, I've had a gutful of watching year in year out under performing Parra teams.

True EEL

Bench
i'm sick of watching the same crap served up each year, especially at the start of the year, but wait Daniel Anderson said....we have to be ready for March 12 - and we will be....ready for what? bend over and assume the position for every other team in the comp to have their way with us, so we can be laughed out of our competition favourite status???

you we were all complaining this time last year and the year before and the year before that.
We always start crap, why is it?
Hayden Knowles has been there a while you think he would have figured out the problem with fitness early season by now or is he too busy with Danny Green?

Parra Guru

Coach
Whatever. I wish they would just decide one way or another. I'm sick of all the contract talk. None of them are playing like they want one.