What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

tresurehunt

Juniors
i dont like to admit it but when hindy came out on the news saying he didn't agree with the holding off on the signings i thought straight away that there may be a rift between the players and the parra staff in general.

could this be some kind of protest about money,maybe the players know about the possible signing of Jonathon Thurston ? maybe the players feel betrayed as last years grand finalists? interesting times ahead imho.

fish eel

Immortal
you we were all complaining this time last year and the year before and the year before that.
We always start crap, why is it?
Hayden Knowles has been there a while you think he would have figured out the problem with fitness early season by now or is he too busy with Danny Green?

I dont think it's just a fitness issue.

We're not running out of puff in games. We're just dont seem in them at all mentally.

Actually, I think Guru has been performing well in a bad team.

I agree. As has Inu.

Dont think those two should have been singled out.

Avenger

Immortal
How do Melbourne do it ?

They have Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Cam Smith, Blair and no nonsense forwards

We will have

Hayne, Thurston, Tahu, Mortimer, Moimoi and the occasional prima donna.

fish eel

Immortal
How do Melbourne do it ?

They have Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Cam Smith, Blair and no nonsense forwards

We will have

Hayne, Thurston, Tahu, Mortimer, Moimoi and the occasional prima donna.

think we have something they don't......:lol:

Delboy

First Grade
Just to confirm what merkins these player managers are, one that has been mentioned recently shook hands with Parra CEO on a deal for a current Penriff first grader a few years ago, then got in his car and drove to Penriff , told them if they offered $10k more he would renege on the deal and stay. They did and he resigned at Penrtih and this is someone that shook hands on a deal.

How trustworthy are these guys, and they are advising people on their careers at times

bildo

Juniors
i dont like to admit it but when hindy came out on the news saying he didn't agree with the holding off on the signings i thought straight away that there may be a rift between the players and the parra staff in general.

could this be some kind of protest about money,maybe the players know about the possible signing of Jonathon Thurston ? maybe the players feel betrayed as last years grand finalists? interesting times ahead imho.

You might be right . Would anyone be surprised if Osbornes real intention is to see what sort of deal they could do with Thurston, before talking turkey with
the players with contracts pending . Osbornes type make my skin creep, at the best of times.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...vals-for-keating/story-e6frg7mf-1225850664926

CANTERBURY has questioned Parramatta's decision to get tough with its unsigned players, and confirmed it will continue to chase Kris Keating.

Keating is one of several players whose future is up in the air after the club suspended all contract negotiations following the club's poor start to the season.
"It's a matter for them, but in tough times clubs have got to stick together,"Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said yesterday. "All clubs will go through difficult periods. There's no doubt about that.
"And what you get judged on is how you bounce back from them more than anything else."
The other Parramatta players affected by chief executive Paul Osborne's decision to play hardball include Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu and Eric Grothe.

While the move is designed to motivate the team to improve its form, it could backfire as other clubs are already circling their players.
Keating is certainly in demand. The Bulldogs and North Queensland have engaged in talks to lure the Eels halfback away.
The Bulldogs said recently their focus was on retention, as several players will be off-contract in the spring, including halves Brett Kimmorley and Ben Barba.
Kimmorley is expected to make a career decision next month while Barba is seen as a future star at Belmore.

Greenberg said any decision on Keating would be made irrespective of what happens with Barba and Kimmorley.
"We're not trying to rush the Keating discussion, and in our own minds we've decided that retention is our focus over the next month rather than recruitment," Greenberg said.
"But the club made a play for Kris a number of years ago, so he's always been identified here as a player of interest.
"Whether or not his form has been up and down over the first month of the season hasn't changed our view on his capabilities as a footballer."

Keating has also been linked to a move to Townsville.
"I don't think what Parramatta does will have any impact on what we do," Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said yesterday.
"If they're going to hold off for a while, it might open up the opportunity for other clubs to have a chat. We've held off on talking to somebody about a contract until his form got to a level we were hoping it would get to.
"But we've never opened a negotiation and then suspended it because of a lack of form."

Manager David Riolo, whose agency handles the interests of Keating, Mateo and Inu, said he was surprised because he had not heard anything official from Parramatta yet.

Mateo has been linked to Newcastle and the Warriors while Inu has been linked to a move across the Tasman.
"I'm not going to get into a slanging match, but if that's what they want to do then that's their prerogative," Riolo said.
"There's plenty of interest in both boys (Keating and Mateo)."

Greenburg is a dickhead but he makes a good point. Why deal with these things in public for?

fish eel

Immortal
Greenberg hasnt been shy when it comes to publicly talking about interest in our players, so TBH he should just stfu.

Osborne has to justify himself to the board and members. Not CEO's of other clubs.

Kornstar

Coach
Maybe Ossie just said that stuff in the media to make it look like they are playing hardball?

I know it sounds stupid but it has certainly taken the attention away from our dreadful on-field performances......

As long as the players know what is up, that is all that matters......

The Engineers Room

First Grade
It is a definate tactic but to what end we will not know until it eventuates.

I think they are wanting to free up cap space and these are the players they don't want. If they are going after Thurston then they will wait to see if they get him and if not we will see these players offered contracts.

But it could be something completely different.

Gronk

Staff member
It is a definate tactic but to what end we will not know until it eventuates.

I think they are wanting to free up cap space and these are the players they don't want. If they are going after Thurston then they will wait to see if they get him and if not we will see these players offered contracts.

But it could be something completely different.

Agree. The suspension of talks to the off contracts player because of form could very well be a smoke screen to see if JT is fair dinkum about returning to Sydney.

Kornstar

Coach
Just to confirm what merkins these player managers are, one that has been mentioned recently shook hands with Parra CEO on a deal for a current Penriff first grader a few years ago, then got in his car and drove to Penriff , told them if they offered $10k more he would renege on the deal and stay. They did and he resigned at Penrtih and this is someone that shook hands on a deal.

How trustworthy are these guys, and they are advising people on their careers at times

I know they are there to make money but in reality i would hope that they are looking at opportunity more so than money.....

What is the percentage they get on each player? 10%? If it is 10% and they have atleast 1 high profile client and several middle of the range clients and a couple of low range clients per agent then surely they are making quite the salary anyways?

They are no different than my agent, he get's me a contract that i want, he doesn't tell me to go for something that i don't enjoy just because he gets more money from it, i pay him a percentage and the employer i work for pays him a figure! He works for me and for what i want, not the other way around!

I think the player managers are scum personally......

TeHEel

Juniors
I noticed Riolo had a whinge in the tele this morning about Ossie's decision, what about the amout of times we've been screwed over by that prick and his mates by advising some of our finest juniors to sign else where??

no! f**k em! f**k em! f**k em!...we'll play hard ball this time, there's enough fg players around here and in the ESL to assemble a very competative side on the park if those off contract piss off, we need to make them realise that we should not be held to ransom while we're putting up with mediocre performance on the field.

Please get you facts straight, you clearly know sh*t about the subject. I am not going to go into specifics but I know for a fact what was said to the SMH and Ossie...

TeHEel

Juniors
I should add again DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ IN THE PAPERS. If you honestly think that negotiations are off then you are an idiot. This has been done only to move attention away from somewhere else....

Kornstar

Coach
I should add again DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ IN THE PAPERS. If you honestly think that negotiations are off then you are an idiot. This has been done only to move attention away from somewhere else....

That's pretty much the way I see it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Greenberg hasnt been shy when it comes to publicly talking about interest in our players, so TBH he should just stfu.

Osborne has to justify himself to the board and members. Not CEO's of other clubs.

I'll tell you why TG keeps talking up KK, that's because KK, at the very least, has agreed to terms with the dogs...;-)

that's my theory and I'm sticking to it until I'm proven wrong..

Please get you facts straight, you clearly know sh*t about the subject. I am not going to go into specifics but I know for a fact what was said to the SMH and Ossie...

no please, go into specifics, because if you're going to accuse someone over the internet foum of having no idea and than shy away like the cat you are, than you'll look like a bigger f**kwitt than you already are...

please sir reveal...:?

Gronk

Staff member

popcorn.gif

TeHEel

Juniors
Sure I have no issue in saying I am a good friend of Dave and a few other current and past players from a range of clubs. I do not intend on posting my name but I am sure you can understand that much. I normally don’t post as you can see but due to being a massive eels fan I like to read about what other supports have to say. You and a few others clearly have your own view on someone who is a good friend of mine. As I said before and I will say again you know f**k all about what really goes on.
Tell me this, who do you blame for Andrew Ryan leaving the club??