What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All quiet on the Barret Front

hmm awhile ago positive noises where emanating from both Barret and the club about him signing before Christmas but it noe seems that Benny boy's gonna play hard ball.

The longer this goes on the less likely he'll sign. The Roosters are circling an will do anything to get their hands on him.

IMO we should just tell him to sign or f**k off.

Anonymous

Juniors
He should have signed by now. I can see his point of view that he doesnt have to sign before June and that he wants to keep his options open.
But for the sake of stability and loose ends etc, a resolution should have been sorted by now.

Acka

Coach
Here is something I read on another Dragons Forum:

I heard Brian Canavan on 2UE talking about Freddy going etc, and he indicated when Freddy's money comes off the cap, there certainly won't be any money available to go out and buy another elite player ala Barrett, because the majority of this money is already committed or has been factored into to player upgrades etc ie Chris Walker played for nothing last year, however will get substantial increases over the next two years and Hodges contract money for 2005 some of this will come from Freddy leaving etc. It would appears they would need to lose more than simply Freddy to sign Barrett.

:?

ForestDragon

Juniors
Be nice of Baz to show his commitment to the Dragons by signing NOW,instead of leaving everything at a loose end. ;-)

Simon

Juniors
He should resign before the season starts of be stripped of the captaincy. We can't have a captain who is even considering leaving the club at years end. This is just asking for unrest umongst the players. If he hasn't resigned give the captaincy to Thompson who has shown loyalty beyond that of any other player.