What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All quiet on the Western Front!

Perth Red

Post Whore
No Reds emails, no newsletters, no updates on the website. I know its the off season but would be nice to know how things are progressing, or not.

Roy80

Juniors
Perth Red, do you have faith in the people behind the reds bid to win a franchise? Its easy for fans to sit back and say "Perth has 1.5m people, they need a team in the NRL", but what we dont see is the actual quality of the bid, the sponsorship, business plan etc. Can they deliver it? I hope so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth Red, do you have faith in the people behind the reds bid to win a franchise? Its easy for fans to sit back and say "Perth has 1.5m people, they need a team in the NRL", but what we dont see is the actual quality of the bid, the sponsorship, business plan etc. Can they deliver it? I hope so.

Hard to say Roy, on paper they have put together a good team of experienced business people with RL backgrounds to lead the bid. There are a number of things that do concern me; lack of communication with the fans, decision to abandon the BR team, little media, no hype and seemingly inability to get Gallop talking up our bidding chances.

Things may be progressing well behind the scenes but we just don't know.

Perth Red

Post Whore
sound%20of%20silence.JPG

Perth Red

Post Whore
Starting to get a bit peeved now. over 6 weeks since they last posted any news about the Reds on the WA Reds website. No doubt in a few weeks they will be asking for memberships and $'s from us. How hard is it to have someone twice a week put up a story on the website or send out an email to members to let us know what's going on? We still have a very long way to go to understand about engaging a fanbase and making them feel a continual and important part of the club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am thinking, and this is the only way they will seel anif they have got any idea at all!, that they will try to sell a bid membership ie sell it on the fact you are supporting the bid for 2013. Will probably include the pre season game, Sth's game and Reds Under 18's plus WARL games I would imagine?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The CC announcemnt about their sponsorship certianly puts them in teh driving seat. Will be vitally importnat for us to sell out the Sth's game again and get a 12,000 crowd to the pres eason friendly. I hope they reduce prices for teh friendly. Getting a major sponsor on board for if we get the nod would be a massive leg up as well and finally the MES upgrade announcement would be nice soon!

If they want teams in for 2013 you'd think they would be calling for bids around mid next season so not long to get oursleves sorted out.

WA Roo

Juniors
No real news about nrl team from warl. Maybe no big money sponsorship like the beas. The bears are a full steam ahead an are favorites which is fair as they were chucked out unfairly.

WA Roo

Juniors
On SP website Andrew Korn is coach of reds sg ball side. That info is not on warl or reds website tho.

Perth Red

Post Whore
the Reds and WARL websites are shocking for news. It takes all of 10mins to add a news article, they need a kick up the backside!

Latest posts