What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Jersey

Which Jersey should be the Dragons away strip?

• Steelers Jersey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood and Bandages

• Red Jersey/White V

• Total voters

Collateral

Coach
There is a fair bit of discussion going on around here at the moment as to what our away Jersey should be with good arguments each way. Well lets goto the polls and see what the majority says.

I'm boycotting this poll due it’s all round tardiness and the fact that any Tom, Dick and Harry Cronulla fan can waltz in here and vote.

If there's going to be a vote it should be put to the members, and no, I don’t mean the Red-V members. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
lol... if 50 Sharks supporters saw this thread, 45 would vote for the Steelers jersey.
The other 5 would vote for Blood and Bandages by accident.

Out of interest, I'd like to post something similar in the NRL section, just to see what the wider football community think. I agree with Willow and Daithi, the thread will be hijacked.
Amongst St.George and Illawarra supporters it's pretty even, though I must say old-St.George supporters i know think the Steelers jersey should be the alternate one.

That's important though - the word "alternate" as opposed to "away". Alternate jersey makes more sense (and flies in the face of this modern day fad of home and away jerseys). If the Steelers jumper were the alternate jumper, it wouldn't be used as the away jumper, just pulled on every now and then. More likely against teams such as Canberra and Brisbane than Souths, Easts (obviously) and perhaps worn at 3 or so WIN games.

Anonymous

Juniors
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Amongst St.George and Illawarra supporters it's pretty even
That's why it's so divisive.
This subject has been done to death in this St George - Illawarra forum alone, and people just don't agree.

Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
I must say old-St.George supporters i know think the Steelers jersey should be the alternate one.
Not this old St George supporter.

I used to think it was a good idea btw.

What better way to celebrate the JV than to have the Steelers jersey as an 'away' strip?

But after I saw the fallout from the one-off Steelers v Penrith match, and the reaction from the supporters, I concluded that it was bad idea.

It may only be a few matches a year (at first) but if this idea gets up, the lines will be drawn and people are going to buck.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'd like to see a poll from ONLY Dragons fans

IMO I think it should come down to the fans if they want to have the Steelers jersey as their away strip (I am aware the title says 'Alternate'). But if only 50/50 fans want it, they shouldn't do it because that's too many people they are upsetting

Anonymous

Juniors
Immortal said:
I'd like to see a poll from ONLY Dragons fans

IMO I think it should come down to the fans if they want to have the Steelers jersey as their away strip (I am aware the title says 'Alternate'). But if only 50/50 fans want it, they shouldn't do it because that's too many people they are upsetting
They did a survey via the official Dragons site in 2001, asking what fans thought of the proposed 'blood and bandages' away jersey. It was really a marketing exercise but at least it was asking the question.

A few didn't like to see the Red V being compromised but for the most part, it was met with a positive response.

It remains to be seen if they are asking the question this time.

Anonymous

Juniors
A fine bunch of people who know very little about the issues and even less about the history.

Nice work MOS. You'll have 'em fighting on the hill before long.

drake

First Grade
If you look at the jersey in MOS82's avatar, it looks similar to our current jersey, just missing the mighty red V.

Steelers jersey, Saints shorts and socks, jus for Daithi ;-) .