What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing win

I remember Gus airing his concerns about the state of QLD football when every junior he approached was then contracted and tired to the Brisbane Broncos,as we know QLD have since gone on to win 11out of 12 SOO,showing what an absolute flog this bloke is.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We finally did it. No more self entitled brats, no more automatic selections, no more piss weak efforts, no more acceptance of mediocrity.

We have fought tooth and nail to get where we are and the boys have repaid our faith in the club with the gutsiest win I've ever seen.

One by one we are gonna grind our way to the finals in 2018

Tiger Ted

Bench
We finally did it. No more self entitled brats, no more automatic selections, no more piss weak efforts, no more acceptance of mediocrity.

We have fought tooth and nail to get where we are and the boys have repaid our faith in the club with the gutsiest win I've ever seen.

One by one we are gonna grind our way to the finals in 2018
I’m getting goose pimples when I think of that epic win last nite !

stryker

First Grade
I remember Gus airing his concerns about the state of QLD football when every junior he approached was then contracted and tired to the Brisbane Broncos,as we know QLD have since gone on to win 11out of 12 SOO,showing what an absolute flog this bloke is.
The only thing Gus knows about origin he hears from far smarter football identities. He then regurgitates it after the fact in a rant. When he does give an off the cuff opinion, he is usually wrong. How many times has he declared the Blues will wrap the series up in game 3 and then begin their own dynasty only for QLD to put a hiding on them and clinch the series? Gould then says yeah ive been saying all along this Blues side is not good enough! LOL....He is a phony who hasnt put his hand up once in 12 years to help his state out. Now the blues have some top talent coming through he'll make himself available again.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
I can't think of a better win since the GF in 2005. I also can't recall the last time I yelled at the TV so much.

That was amazing.

And, spoiling Slater's big day was a massive bonus.

All I could say was "un*******believable" mulitple times. Stunned. I also said to others at some point during drinks "This smells like 2005", as a joke. But, is it? I still don't think Tigers can win it and still might miss the 8, but the signs of 2005 are intriguing, to say the least.

A team comprised of nobodies, rejects and twilight players. Like round 3 and 4 in 2005? (you have to ignore the dubious start), they beat the 2 top sides. The team had decided to go all in with resolve, defence and never giving up. Coach that was given the shove from his previous club. Marshall reminds me of Scott Prince, not really wanted anywhere else, has found a new gear, is kicking superbly and controlling the team and game. The whole team is punching well above their weight. Right now what is missing is the creavtivity in attack. Will it come? Yeah, the comparison is a stretch, but there is a similar vibe about the team this year, nevertheless.

I don't give a **** what happens from here on in. I am just glad to see a return to that sort of attitude.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Oh yeah, and f**k off the footy whisperer. Apparently a couple of years back the club was considering giving a paid role to this shyster who was playing mind games with simpletons like Sharon and the Turd.

Tiger05

First Grade
Oh yeah, and f**k off the footy whisperer. Apparently a couple of years back the club was considering giving a paid role to this shyster who was playing mind games with simpletons like Sharon and the Turd.

I forgot about this. These guys were such turds weren't they. I remember him saying something like "get on the field and breath it in".

I'd love to get paid to provide crappy advice to simpletons. The problem is that there isn't that many simpletons out there.