What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
The issue with this game was reffs making calls on big downs to favour NE while letting ones go to help falcons.
With the lead by 8 a clear face mask that should of been 15 yards a new set of downs ends the game. Instead penalty for holding was given and pushed falcons back 10 more yards.

Great comeback but reffs did all could to make it happen. Even at 14-0 and 3 times NE where shut down to be given holding penatlies and fresh set. Perfectly scripted and American love a hero. But if you think the reffing is bad in our game watch this superbowl.

strider

Post Whore
I know f**k all about NFL, but there were several times I felt like NE got some pretty handy calls - I just assumed I didnt understand

hindy111

Post Whore
The worse was when diff was 8, and a holding was called to take them out of field goal. Yet a face mask call missed. Would of been 15 yards a new set of downs and with 3 mins to go that would of taken us to 2 mins and falcons 20 out and within an easy field goal attempt....

Heck even the call before ot td for interference was dubious

T.S Quint

Coach
The worse was when diff was 8, and a holding was called to take them out of field goal. Yet a face mask call missed. Would of been 15 yards a new set of downs and with 3 mins to go that would of taken us to 2 mins and falcons 20 out and within an easy field goal attempt....

Heck even the call before ot td for interference was dubious

That last call wasn't even close to dubious. It was clearly pass interference by the defender. That pass would have been a TD if not for the receiver being pushed. Did you have money on Atlanta?

As for the other calls, I don't think there was much wrong with the decisions. Yeah there was a face mask not called on NE, but ATL committed a face mask penalty on the same play which pretty much offsets the other.

T.S Quint

Coach
As for those calling this SB the best of all time, are they insane!
Yeah I know it had an exciting finish. It was a brilliant comeback. Loved watching it.
But that doesn't change the fact that the first 3 quarters of this match were an absolute punish to watch. What a bludger of a game it was before that 4th quarter. The Pats were terrible, and the Falcons just went through the motions.

The Pats-Seahawks SB from 2 years ago was a much better game. And that game also had an exciting finish.

hindy111

Post Whore
That last call wasn't even close to dubious. It was clearly pass interference by the defender. That pass would have been a TD if not for the receiver being pushed. Did you have money on Atlanta?

I actually had $400 on New england at $1.70 lol i made $300.

As for the other calls, I don't think there was much wrong with the decisions. Yeah there was a face mask not called on NE, but ATL committed a face mask penalty on the same play which pretty much offsets the other.

Nearly every play in Nfl has a grab or hold of some sort. Atleast a 50/50 and reffs can call if want or not. The thing is they dont show the hold or grab if its not called.
The beauty of the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
I had money on new england - $400 emptied my account.
When they blew out to 12-1 i was still tempted to ring and put another 50 on. I felt like was always going to win. STRANGE. But Americans love a hero.

hindy111

Post Whore
They need a QB. Hard to find- Might get lucky thou. Good part is Seattle and Cardinal look to be on way down now.

T.S Quint

Coach
Welcome mr shanny. Here, have 80 mil in cap space and do thy bidding

I'm pretty happy we got Shanahan.
Now to see what he can do with the team. Do we draft a qb or do we try to find one in FA or CIA trade?
Reports are that Shanny is interested in Garoppolo.
Can't wait to see how we go in the draft this year after years of average picks. Really the only high quality player we've drafted in the last half decade was Aldine Smith. And as good a player as he is he turned out to be an absolute dickhead.

jk13

First Grade
the off season will definitely be interesting. if we cant get myles I like that wide receiver from clemsom. the dc selection will be interesting but regardless we r heading back towards a high powered offence, hopefully good times ahead

Gronk

Staff member
Amazon Prime Video (it's like Netflix) has just added Thursday Night Football to its stable.

At the moment they have a $2.99 per month for 6 months (full price is only $5.99/m). They have some very good series although not as complete catalogue as say Stan or Netflix) No brainer really. Can cancel any time.

images.png

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm pretty happy we got Shanahan.
Now to see what he can do with the team. Do we draft a qb or do we try to find one in FA or CIA trade?
Reports are that Shanny is interested in Garoppolo.
Can't wait to see how we go in the draft this year after years of average picks. Really the only high quality player we've drafted in the last half decade was Aldine Smith. And as good a player as he is he turned out to be an absolute dickhead.

Turns out he really was interested in Garoppolo...and we got him for a second-round pick! I'm pretty damn happy with that deal.

We now have the most handsome QB in the NFL. Nothing else matters now!