What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
I think there are teams out there desperate enough to offer up a first rounder for him, maybe even a little extra as well. There is a major QB drought in the NFL, just not enough good ones to go around.
When you have Bryce Petty, Tyron Taylor and Deshone Kizer starting games you could see how someone would give away a top pick for a bloke who just won a Super Bowl, set records in said Super Bowl, and won the MVP in said SB.

Garopollo went for a 2nd round pick. I doubt Foles would be regaurded as high even though he has won a superbowl. Teams will be cautious of his overall career. Even this year was 2 awesome performances 2 poor ones and 2 average.
Id be suprised if its higher then a late 2nd round pick. An early 2nd rounder would be quite a coup.

Pazza

First Grade
Id be suprised if its higher then a late 2nd round pick. An early 2nd rounder would be quite a coup.

The eagles traded Sam Bradford for a first and a fourth.

Foles has shown at his best to be far more talented than him.

hindy111

Post Whore
The eagles traded Sam Bradford for a first and a fourth.

Foles has shown at his best to be far more talented than him.

True.
That was silly on Sotas behalf but also they had a team good enough to go then Teddy does his knee. It was a week before kick off and a lot less options. Desperation kicked in.
If Phili picked up a 1st or a 2nd for Foles it would be like the cherry on top.

After Wentz was injured i really didnt give eagles a chance to win the bowl. But they did and also may grab a good draft pick!

T.S Quint

Coach
Garopollo went for a 2nd round pick. I doubt Foles would be regaurded as high even though he has won a superbowl. Teams will be cautious of his overall career. Even this year was 2 awesome performances 2 poor ones and 2 average.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what the Niners traded for Garoppolo. It's been widely reported that other teams offered NE a lot more than we did, but Belicheck sent him to the Niners because he respects both John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan.
Cleveland offered a first and third if I remember correctly.

Pazza

First Grade
Foles ain't going anywhere unless it's for a 1st. Wentz might not be healthy by week 1.

Philly does have a lack of draft capital. One of the bills first round picks would be good.

hindy111

Post Whore
Philli has no 2nd or 3rd pick.

Also tight on cap space. But they didn't play there 2nd rnd or 3rd picks Sidney Jones or pumphreys while smallwood their previos draft pick spent most the season injured.
Add Hicks,Peters and Sproles to the list. It doesnt look so bad.

Pazza

First Grade
there is plenty of talent on the eagles roster for next season.

Linebacker is a concern if bradham leaves, Hicks and Kendricks have issues with injury. Hopefully Gerry can step up.

T.S Quint

Coach
He was pretty much a nobody.
Wasn't drafted. Third-string RB who barely played any games. Copped a shocking knee injury, and then two suspensions. Nobody wanted him after that.
Will be interesting to see how he goes with the Jets. The learning curve will be pretty steep. The two sports are so very different.

hindy111

Post Whore
Guys like this are a dime a dozen in NFL. There are gjys who play 2 or 3 full seasons in Nfl who get flushed put of system.

T.S Quint

Coach
9th all the way!!! Jimmy can’t loose

We've made winning an art form under Jimmy G!
Even coin tosses are going our way.
I think it's because everyone is just too astounded at his handsome face, that they lose all sense of consciousness, then he takes advantage (but not in a Bill Cosby way).

Latest posts