What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL/USARL what if??

Bronco Rob

Juniors
As expected, even hypothectical news travels at a gyalloping pace.

Though I will say that these are the questions I would ask if I was sitting at the table during negotiations.

Spinner would love to know what has occurred but somehow I don't think you'll fill us in.

Hypothetically it would be akin to Peter Foster and his business coming to the table for talks with James Packer for a merger. :roll:

spinnerhowland

Juniors
It was just my thoughts of what types of questions need to be asked, an answered, in any business talks where 2 organizations were considering their futures together in the same industry.
As hard as it is some times, business decisions need to be made without personal feelings, or political influence, to ensure that the best choices are made for the greater good of all, and the best chance at a bright future.
I think anyone who has any amount of business acumen, would see that this is the approach that needs to be taken to ensure that not only survival, but growth, occurs in any organization.

Craigo

Juniors
As we are speaking in hypotheticals, lets assume that a "Federation" has a charter to control the growth and development of similar businesses in various countries around the world. Now this Federation gives one business in each country the intellectual rights to promote and develop the product in question. Now, lets say a rival business sets up in the same country and starts promoting the same product, but in a different way, with differing views on how the product should be promoted and grown. This second model, after a short period of time, begins to see great strides in what it is trying to achieve, clearly out-classing the initial rights holder in all respects.
So, how does the "Federation" transfer the intellectual rights to the newer, clearly more productive business and what can be done to facilitate this happening?

deal.with.it

Juniors
So the amnrl have updated their website and are claiming on the site and social media that all 7 teams will play in 2014.
Season starts june 7.

Rodney

Juniors
Seems like the war is still on.
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=g4HfwG74gYk#t=15
Or at least Nui is capable of a bit of banter
Although be warned its only in 144p and Paulo seems to be confused which teams he beat as he declares the Tomahawks beat "2 of the top 5 teams"

I get the feeling the AMNRL admin aren't to keen on technology or social media

IowaRL

Juniors
So the amnrl have updated their website and are claiming on the site and social media that all 7 teams will play in 2014.
Season starts june 7.

All I get is that the schedule is coming soon. Probably trying to work out which teams will have players, and are still willing to associate.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Season starts june 7.

Where do you see any updates or claims. I see nothing on their website and nothing on their Facebook page. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places. Could you post some links.

Rodney

Juniors
Where do you see any updates or claims. I see nothing on their website and nothing on their Facebook page. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places. Could you post some links.

on their twitter:
"American National Rugby League has some exciting news coming very soon. Check us out at amnrl.org for some up to date info."

also amnrl.org seems to be their new site, its got up to date (-ish, better than whats been coming out of the other site) news and 3 fresh new promos filmed in low def.

That youtube link as well may be their new youtube channel?
They put out three promos all on 31 January, time will tell if they continue to update it

deal.with.it

Juniors
Curtis cunz ( uses connecticut wildcats account) posted on instagram a pic of the 7 logos saying they were all playing in 2014.
The 2014 ladder on amnrl.org also has the 7 teams.

Rampart66

Juniors
Is Chicago really going to travel that far for away games? It looks like the Bulls new logo was drawn in study hall by a high school kid.

IowaRL

Juniors
Chicago aren't listed, Raiders have said they won't play, we don't know who has switched to the USARL, guess we will see. I'm not involved anymore, so I'm as in the dark as anyone else.

joshreading

Staff member
Unless someone has talked to them personally, I think the Raiders have recommitted to the AMNRL. They have listed the schedule for 2014 as being the AMNRL one (without the games yet penciled in) Additionally they have removed their 'statement' from their website.

IowaRL

Juniors
Unless someone has talked to them personally, I think the Raiders have recommitted to the AMNRL. They have listed the schedule for 2014 as being the AMNRL one (without the games yet penciled in) Additionally they have removed their 'statement' from their website.

Latest I've heard anything was still out on jan 23rd.

Bronco Rob

Juniors

That got me too, there's 2 websites for the AMNRL, why...????

One has Tatham and his Grand Prix stooges as the Board and the other has no information at all about about who is who?

Gee its diappointing and frustrating but sounds like we are basically back at square one with 2 seperate bodies.

How do some individuals see this as the best practice for the game and why is there a stumbling block for a merger to happen and who is running the show at the AMNRL?

Chicago Saints

Juniors
Is Chicago really going to travel that far for away games? It looks like the Bulls new logo was drawn in study hall by a high school kid.

We won't be travelling nationally as we cannot afford to but we are an AMNRL team. We will continue to play games locally as we have for the last three years against whatever opposition we can rustle up. We see ourselves as a minor league to the AMNRL's main competition and over time would like to grow the midwest conference idea to eventually feed into a national playoff scenario. This year have the planned Piranha Guard RL9s series which we are looking to run in May and June in Chicago.

Rodney

Juniors
We won't be travelling nationally as we cannot afford to but we are an AMNRL team. We will continue to play games locally as we have for the last three years against whatever opposition we can rustle up. We see ourselves as a minor league to the AMNRL's main competition and over time would like to grow the midwest conference idea to eventually feed into a national playoff scenario. This year have the planned Piranha Guard RL9s series which we are looking to run in May and June in Chicago.

So they're a developmental team?
Do they actually play for premiership points or are they just trying to build up interest in the area?

IowaRL

Juniors
Yes Rodney, developmental Games to grow interest. In 2012 we played for points in a Midwest company, but that kinda fell apart last year, and it became easier to play one off games.

Rodney

Juniors
Yes Rodney, developmental Games to grow interest. In 2012 we played for points in a Midwest company, but that kinda fell apart last year, and it became easier to play one off games.

So any idea how many and which AMNRL teams will be playing for premiership points and which and how many are still trying to get the game up and running?
Presuming for now the Raiders are still part of the AMNRL and interested in competition.