What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Article About Life at the Sharks

Simon

Juniors
League player in court over attack
By Sean Berry
June 20, 2004
The Sun-Herald

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
A feud between two rugby league players has left one with a fractured cheekbone and the other in jail on assault charges.

Cronulla Sharks first grader Jason Williams faced Parramatta bail court yesterday over a brutal attack on teammate Jeremy Smith.

He was charged with one count of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm in company and one count of common assault.

Registrar Brian Fenn refused bail due to "the general welfare and protection of both the victim and the community".

Williams, 23 - an off-season buy from the Bulldogs - has been tagged the strongest man at the Sharks.

The 115-kilogram second rower/prop from New Zealand made his first-grade debut this season and had so far played six first-grade games for the Sharks. Smith plays for the Sharks' Premier League side.

Sharks chief executive Steve Rogers said Williams is facing the sack from the club after facing court.

"We put him on notice that he would go if there were any further incidents with Jeremy," Rogers said yesterday.

Rogers said that Smith would likely be unable to play for the rest of the season.

The court was told the feud has been going since January and they had come to blows on two previous occasions.

Police allege Williams and an acquaintance bashed Smith unconscious at Carmen's Nightclub in Miranda.

Documents tendered in court revealed the Sharks have had to ban Williams from playing in games twice after incidents involving the pair.

On a bus trip on February 7, police documents allege team-mates had to pull Williams off Smith after he punched him. It is also alleged Williams hit his teammate high and late in a tackle at training.

Smith, who told police he had little recollection of the attack, went to Sutherland Hospital with a fractured cheekbone and swelling to his head. He had surgery on his cheek the following day at the Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick.

The accused attended Miranda police station of his own accord on Thursday. He allegedly admitted to being present during the incident but denied taking part, claiming he attempted to separate Smith and another man during what he described as "a fair fight".

He was called back to the station the following day and arrested. He will reappear at Sutherland Local Court tomorrow.

dimitri

First Grade
carmens nightclub

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahha

i dont think that place is worth of being called a nightclub

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Booyah

Bench
A guy gets bashed, but all you can comment on is whether or not the scene of the crime is classed, in your pathetic opinion, as a proper nightclub.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sharkies all the Way said:
:lol:

Straight away two people pounce on this and two threads are up, funny. I wander if he had a phone on him #-o .

Where did you wander?? To Scum Park to watch The Scum lose again??

Cheers,
Ben S.

dimitri

First Grade
Booyah said:
A guy gets bashed, but all you can comment on is whether or not the scene of the crime is classed, in your pathetic opinion, as a proper nightclub.

a guy got bashed by his own team-mate

what am i supposed to do

send a condolence card as well as hate mail to the sharks league club

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ribs

Bench
All this about the Sharks doing the right thing by getting rid of him and yet he has been doing this for 6 months. He has bashed this guy a few times and hit him late and high at training???? Yet they still had him playing?

Yeah. The Shanks are a real moral leader :roll:

fireblade

Juniors
Sounds like a similar thing going round a few years back between Bartrim & Treacy. Wasn't ones wife involved ?
Just thought i'd bring it up because all teams have probs they try to keep quiet.

Anonymous

Juniors
firebrand,
That's because its personal and all players deserve a little privacy.
The current news is going before the courts. You should learn to tell the difference between a punch up, and being charged with Grievous Bodily Harm.

The Nulla

Juniors
Ribs said:
All this about the Sharks doing the right thing by getting rid of him and yet he has been doing this for 6 months. He has bashed this guy a few times and hit him late and high at training???? Yet they still had him playing?

Yeah. The Shanks are a real moral leader :roll:

And reinstating a player that sexually abuses a woman in an attempt to cheat on his partner is "a real moral leader" ? :roll: You should look up the definition of 'morality' before you use the word pal.

Saint 60

Juniors
Cronullas board should be sacked.....they knew this was going on for a couple of months and did absolutely nothing to prevent it---

they are as bad as the baddie

----------------------------------------------------

Full Steam ahead

The Nulla

Juniors
Sexual abuse - "The forcing of unwanted sexual activity by one person on another, as by the use of threats or coercion."

Activity - "1. The state of being active. 2. Any specific action or pursuit"

"where the f**k are you, f**k me, fire up"
"Theres four toey humans waiting to squirt their juices..."

Done!

The Nulla

Juniors
Saint 60 said:
Cronullas board should be sacked.....they knew this was going on for a couple of months and did absolutely nothing to prevent it---

they are as bad as the baddie

----------------------------------------------------

Full Steam ahead

Again, another example of a dragqueen fan speaking out of his arse. It is no wonder Doust said that "Dragon fans are not versed with reality." If you had any credibility you would know that the Sharks club paid for counselling for the pair after the initial bus incident (prior incidents were unknown as this feud started back in NZ). To most people, this is a pretty strong attempt to prevent something champ... get a clue

Anonymous

Juniors
A phone call has nothing on putting someone in hospital. FMD... what do you think someone being assaulted would think? Would they give a stuff about your stupid team loyalty?
Would they first ask which team their attacker plays for?

"oh, you play for the Sharks... great! Thats allright then"
"You play for the Dragons? f**k of then, I only let blokes from Cronulla hit me."

Get in touch with your own reality.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
The Nulla said:
Sexual abuse - "The forcing of unwanted sexual activity by one person on another, as by the use of threats or coercion."

Activity - "1. The state of being active. 2. Any specific action or pursuit"

"where the f**k are you, f**k me, fire up"
"Theres four toey humans waiting to squirt their juices..."

Done!

Get hold of a dictionary finally did you??

A phone message is hardly what I would call sexual activity, but I suppose for you nulla supporters calling up one of those 1900 numbers is the only form of sexual activity that you ever get.

The point of this thread is about the players at Cronulla having a punch up, not Gasnier so stop bringing up old crap to win an argument.